THANK YOU RODERICK STRONG

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mike Adamle

Re: THANK YOU RODERICK STRONG

Post by Mike Adamle »

Sucks they let his last match be against Dalton Castle. I agree with having the match on his farewell tour, but this was a TV taping. You could have had Castle beat Strong and have Strong put him over. Then have Strong challenge the man who gave him his first shot in ROH. The man that created Generation Next, Alex Shelley. That would've been a great match that Strong could've won and given everyone a feel good moment to go home to as that would main event.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Dalton Castle was the right choice, ACH was some good secund choice also, putting over some new star when you are on your way out, Lethal beat Roddy already, he gains nothing by beat him again.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Roderick Strong has been the measuring stick in ROH since Danielson left and with good reason. If you were incapable of having a good match with Roddy the ROH faithful would reject you. I don't know if anyone in the company has that status and can go like Strong could. While he has done everything he could do here, I will miss the anticipation of someone new coming through the door seeing if they could hang with him. He will be sorely missed.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Roderick Strong has been the measuring stick in ROH since Danielson left and with good reason. If you were incapable of having a good match with Roddy the ROH faithful would reject you. I don't know if anyone in the company has that status and can go like Strong could. While he has done everything he could do here, I will miss the anticipation of someone new coming through the door seeing if they could hang with him. He will be sorely missed.
Roddy was also the good to guy for international talent, really good hand!
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

hard for roh replace roddy..he was the standar guy to have good to great matches...is a cool thing for other hand because roh can push another talent..but you always need that type of wrestlers in your roster...i think is time to chris hero to come back..roh needs him.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Roddy will be somebody's mystery opponent at Final Battle.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

dhads7161 wrote:Roddy will be somebody's mystery opponent at Final Battle.
You really seem to think Roddy isn't going to NXT huh
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Are you aware of what nobody else will publicize?
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Damn, that's nice of Big Dave especially when he's usually anti-WWE.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

There is a huge misperception among many wrestling marks that Dwayne Johnson and Dave Bautista don't love wrestling and only used it as a springboard to Hollywood. That couldn't be farther from the truth.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

supersonic wrote:
Strong will make a huge impact somewhere.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

LJimmy wrote:
supersonic wrote:
Strong will make a huge impact somewhere.
I think the ultimate fight is what is up next when he sails like Noah to a brand new economically viable Japan, personally. Some have told him he should evolve but othershe think he has progressed.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

FanSinceHDNet wrote:I think the ultimate fight is what is up next when he sails like Noah to a brand new economically viable Japan, personally. Some have told him he should evolve but othershe think he has progressed.
ICW.
PoyzunTiiiger

Post by PoyzunTiiiger »

Roderick Strong will be successful no matter where he wrestles he really is that good.

Strong's moveset is so awesome compared to others I hope if he goes the NXT/WWE route I hope they let him keep some of his back breakers if not all of them. I know for a fact that he will be able to use the Sick Kick and it will get over in WWE.

If Strong is stopping off in EVOLVE then that is really fucking awesome because he needed a change of scenery. Strong's first little tour of EVOLVE revived his career as ROH had him floundering. It might be good for both parties to part ways. ROH missed the boat on the chance to make Strong world champion again and have a classic ROH Babyface run where the champ puts on classic after classic. Instead they chose Jay Lethal's boring ass. Also why the fuck was Strong's last match against Dalton Castle? So lame. I think it was time for Roddy to go ROH was fucking around with him meanwhile in PWG he was booked perfectly. I'm gonna miss Roddy in ROH but this isn't goodbye this is THANK YOU.