Your Favorite Match in This City: Las Vegas (ROH)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!

Your favorite ROH match hosted in Las Vegas?

Delirious vs. Austin Aries – Survival of the Fittest 2007
No votes
Nigel McGuinness vs. Bryan Danielson – Survival of the Fittest 2007
29%
The 2007 Survival of the Fittest Elimination Match*
No votes
AJ Styles vs. ACH – 13th Anniversary Show
14%
reDRagon vs. Young Bucks – 13th Anniversary Show
29%
Elite vs. Kushida/ACH/Sydal – 14th Anniversary Show Night 1
14%
Young Bucks vs. Elgin/Tanahashi – 14th Anniversary Show Night 2
No votes
Kushida vs. Adam Cole – 14th Anniversary Show Night 2
14%
Addiction vs. MCMG – 14th Anniversary Show Night 2
No votes
OTHER – PLEASE SPECIFY
No votes

Total votes: 7

supersonic

Your Favorite Match in This City: Las Vegas (ROH)

Post by supersonic »

*Chris Hero vs. Human Tornado vs. Austin Aries vs. Rocky Romero vs. Roderick Strong vs. Claudio Castagnoli

With Las Vegas about to host its first WWE PPV events in 8 years, and no guarantee to be hosting WrestleMania in the near future regardless of how much steam the Raiders potential relocation is picking up, this project that began with Dallas continues.

In the second of a 3-part poll that also looks at Sin City's top wrestling history, ROH comes under the microscope. While more of a recent utilized market for the company that has relied heavily on special attraction talent from NJPW, the beginning of what it'll likely by Samoa Joe's final tenure in the company, and what'd turn out to be a one night only ROH fence-mending return for Austin Aries, there's certainly already been some classic matches and moments that have unfolded since returning to Sin City last year.

The company made its debut in Vegas in October 2007, in what historically was the first-ever West Coast event for ROH; it would be the better half of a disastrous weekend (Wrestle Fan Fest in the San Francisco Bay Area two days later.) The city has bared witness to one of the worst chapters in the iconic Danielson vs. McGuinness rivalry (that's not a criticism of the match though), a terrific sports-entertainment performance from Chris Hero that would make the Miz envious, and a plethora of quality matches since last year's return from major league stars such as the Elite, AJ Styles, and Alberto el Patron. Due to ROH not finding another proper market to penetrate west of Texas yet, Vegas has become THE place to be for anyone in the Rockies, Southwest, or West Coast to see the company live.

There is still much more ROH history to be made in Las Vegas (which can be debated under the current booking regime of course), including Death Before Dishonor XIV weekend piggybacking off of UFC 202 on SummerSlam 2016 weekend, but for now, the question remains...

What is your favorite ROH match to ever take place in Las Vegas?

Other ROH matches to consider:
Jay Lethal vs. Alberto el Patron – 13th Anniversary Show
Young Bucks vs. Roppongi Vice – Aftershock Tour 2015: Las Vegas
Jay Lethal, Moose, & Austin Aries vs. Jay Briscoe, Dalton Castle, & Kyle O’Reilly – Aftershock Tour 2015: Las Vegas
Tomohiro Ishii vs. Bobby Fish vs. Roderick Strong – 14th Anniversary Show Night 1
Briscoe Bros. vs. Michael Elgin & Hiroshi Tanahashi – 14th Anniversary Show Night 1
Jay Lethal vs. Adam Cole vs. Kyle O’Reilly – 14th Anniversary Show Night 1
ACH vs. Kenny Omega – 14th Anniversary Show Night 2
Silas Young vs. Dalton Castle – 14th Anniversary Show Night 2

Notable ROH events in Las Vegas and the surrounding metro area:
Survival of the Fittest 2007
13th Anniversary Show
Aftershock Tour 2015: Las Vegas
14th Anniversary Show Night 1 (PPV)
14th Anniversary Show Night 2 (TV Tapings)
Brada

Re: Your Favorite Match in This City: Las Vegas (ROH)

Post by Brada »

Other than the 2 shows in Dallas where I live, this is the only other city where I can say that I have been to every show they had. That 1st location back in 2007, cant even remember the name of that bar at this point...man it was small. I don't think there was even 300 people there....was really small, but a great show.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Empire Ballroom, wasn't it?

First DVD I got was of that show. Gotta say my answer in this is Claudio/Richards. Obviously not the best, but it was very enjoyable to me.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Empire Ballroom......thats it....I was down in the corner, left side of screen. That was my first out of town ROH show. Good times.
Brada

Post by Brada »

That promo Roddy and Rocky cut in front of the Walgreens next door, I was right in front of them watching Gabe bitch and moan about not getting a clean background shot, like it was their faults...lol
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

SotF 2007 wasn't my first ROH show -- I'd been back east for shows in NYC and Philly -- but this was the first time I ever sat in the front row for any wrestling show.

As for my best ROH match in Vegas? I voted for Young Bucks-reDRagon at 13th Anniversary. It was like "Mad Max: Fury Road" -- short on story, but a visceral, visual thrill ride.