The General ROH Complaints Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
The Dragon Saga

The General ROH Complaints Thread

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Over the past few months a group of forum posters have decided to take an overly negative outlook on Ring of Honor. Whether their right or wrong, is unimportant. This board is about discussion and posting opinions, however, when these particular posters derail every single topic it becomes more than voicing an opinion or trying to start a discussion, it is a blatant interruption.

So, here is the General ROH Complaints Thread.

Complain about booking, Delirious, Todd Sinclair, the lighting, the ring barrier, the name of Glory by Honor, the way a match finished, the way a match ended with a dusty finish, the time it takes for a VOD to come out - anything you want. This topic will aim to not derail other topics with nonsense from certain users.

View it as an anti-Random Thoughts Thread.
supersonic

Re: The General ROH Complaints Thread

Post by supersonic »

ROH Mecca may be more appropriate for this forum should this not be locked.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Who the fuck are you to tell me where to post? This thread is as big of joke as your pitiful attempt at arguing in defense of ROH.
The Dragon Saga

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Who the fuck are you to tell me where to post? This thread is as big of joke as your pitiful attempt at arguing in defense of ROH.
I'm not going to tell you where to post, I'm going to ask you to post here so that you don't derail every topic because you feel like being a keyboard warrior is more important than actually contributing to the discussion.

Oh, and if you actually read anything I have ever posted on here you'd know I have agreed with several of your and the others opinions. Here's the difference - I. Don't. Bitch. In. Every. Single. Topic.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

How is pointing out storyline flaws or how things could be done better "not contributing to the discussion?"
I have seen MAYBE one or two posts where I thought some was just complaining in a way that didn't contribute to the discussion.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Wow. I'm called a keyboard warrior because I have actual thoughts on what's wrong with the product. You ought to take a lesson from Joeism, Dragon Saga, he disagrees with just about everything with me, but never once has he publicly insulted me. You have to forgive me if I don't remember the times you do agree with us, as it is completely overshadowed by utter lack of anything insightful than you're bitching about our critiquing of the product.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

A board where seemingly 90 percent of the posts are dedicated to bashing Ring of Honor in one form or another, let's compare it to the community of White robe wearing, Kool-Aid drinking zealots at TNA Mecca just because there are a few people who don't completely hate every aspect of the company. Sure. Makes sense.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I've got some complaints about TV and I think they're legitimate. Why show nothing but Honor Rising content heading into Global Wars? Should have had two Road Rage episodes from SCOH weekend. There were two big feuds paid off, and the return of Cabana that led to the Global Wars main event, and the four way tag also had Global Wars implications. Then done the Honor Rising content instead of the shit they've been airing the last few weeks.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

supersonic wrote:ROH Mecca may be more appropriate for this forum should this not be locked.
Ehhhhhhhhh, it's not that bad lmao. It's just mind boggling to me that people will make up every excuse in the book for a wrestling company that clearly has many, many flaws.

Why is posting in a thread about a show/PPV about how the booking on said show and in general is unbelievably poor not allowed in said thread? That's perfectly acceptable discussion IMO.

This thread is very dumb. It would be like if I made a "The General ROH Excuses Thread" where Dragon Saga, Joeism and others posted excuses about Delirious and ROH clearly being a shit product in the state it's in right now.

"Business is up guys! PPV! New Japan!" All of those having literally nothing to do with the fact that ROH is a poorly booked and shitty promotion as of right now. No denying it if you enjoy logic in your wrestling IMO.
Big Red Machine

dhads7161 wrote:I've got some complaints about TV and I think they're legitimate. Why show nothing but Honor Rising content heading into Global Wars? Should have had two Road Rage episodes from SCOH weekend. There were two big feuds paid off, and the return of Cabana that led to the Global Wars main event, and the four way tag also had Global Wars implications. Then done the Honor Rising content instead of the shit they've been airing the last few weeks.
This would have been a MUCH better way to do it, especially when you consider how irrelevant most of the stuff from Honor Rising was to Global Wars.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Am I allowed to complain about the existence of this thread here? Or should that go in another one?
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

jordidebaas, you need the General ROH Complaints Thread Complaints Thread.

Dragon Saga was just as brainwashed when Jim Cornette was booking, defending those moves. There's no reason to listen to him anymore. He's proven himself again and again to be a shameless ROH supporter, without a critical bone in his body.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

dont fight bros.

relax.
Last edited by monster mafia on Mon May 23, 2016 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Is acknowledging the fact that everyone has different opinions, and just being OK with that not an option?

If someone likes everything ROH is doing, cool!

If someone has a problem with booking, talent, whatever....is just not watching an option for you? Or is it much more meaningful to come on a message board and direct your issues there?

This is all bringing a new meaning to Wrestling is rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllll
The Dragon Saga

trufreedom wrote:jordidebaas, you need the General ROH Complaints Thread Complaints Thread.

Dragon Saga was just as brainwashed when Jim Cornette was booking, defending those moves. There's no reason to listen to him anymore. He's proven himself again and again to be a shameless ROH supporter, without a critical bone in his body.
Except for when I have criticized the booking, the booker, the hirings, the way in-which they hire people, etc, but lets ignore that and take your view on it because... oh, I don't know, lets just do it for the hell of it.

I wonder how much it would take for Jim to comeback? I hear ether has dropped in price by 33% compared to 2012 prices. Charlie Haas is also wrestling again.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Brada wrote:Is acknowledging the fact that everyone has different opinions, and just being OK with that not an option?

If someone likes everything ROH is doing, cool!

If someone has a problem with booking, talent, whatever....is just not watching an option for you? Or is it much more meaningful to come on a message board and direct your issues there?

This is all bringing a new meaning to Wrestling is rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllll
So, if I'm following you...

1. Everyone has different opinions, and people should be okay with that.

2. It's fine if you like everything about ROH.

3. If you don't, you should stop watching Ring of Honor and shouldn't post here (?)

Not sure #3 quite works with #1.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

I really think Cornette is a better option than Deliriou at this point. Not even trolling.
Big Red Machine

ROHFan25 wrote:I really think Cornette is a better option than Deliriou at this point. Not even trolling.
I would agree with this as well. I'm sure there is a better option out there than these two (Daniels?, Pritchard?), but I think Cornette would be better than Delirious.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

You both take that back right fucking now. In the solo Johnston era, there has been no either finish, Headbangers, or Dan Severn.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

I liked the ether finish. There, I said it.

I do think Cornette was better with logic and continuity than Delirious, but holy shit did he book some stuff nobody wanted to see.

Who was the main booker for the first half of 2011? Lagana? That's the last time I thought it was really good.