The General ROH Complaints Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
WHG

Re: The General ROH Complaints Thread

Post by WHG »

I think part of their ticket pricing issue is they're running some nicer venues. Columbus and Pittsburgh are PromoWest concert venues, which are a big step up from a fairgrounds building and the rural ice rink they used to run. Will it pay off? I kind of doubt given the attendance trends, but as someone going to the Pittsburgh show I'm happy to pay more to go to a nice venue downtown rather than drive 45 minutes to the dumpy rink.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

WHG wrote:I think part of their ticket pricing issue is they're running some nicer venues. Columbus and Pittsburgh are PromoWest concert venues, which are a big step up from a fairgrounds building and the rural ice rink they used to run. Will it pay off? I kind of doubt given the attendance trends, but as someone going to the Pittsburgh show I'm happy to pay more to go to a nice venue downtown rather than drive 45 minutes to the dumpy rink.
Luckily these venues are downtown in their respective cities, like you said. So a central location will hopefully be better than right outside (though in the case of Columbus' old venue, it wasn't too far from downtown).

Pretty sure that's why they're running Center Stage in Atlanta again, too. It's right downtown Atlanta.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

AlexROH wrote: Plus, I agree with Burnning Hammer. ROH maybe isn't getting all the young talent out here, but the ones ROH choose are great at an overall product, not just in-ring. I love EVOLVE Wrestling too, but some of the guys/matches that Gabe Sapolsky book are cold. I mean, they are great, but it look like some wrestlers cannot conect with the crowd. In the other hand, ROH has three top wrestlers (Lio Rush, Donovan Dijak and Keith Lee). I can't understand someone complaning about them not been booked better, they've been just 1-4 years in the wrestling business, there is a lot of time for them to shine. And let be honest, Lee & Taylor? Bad booking? They destroyed War Machine in 2016 and were the breakout stars of the company. Lio and Dijak are just getting started and are now in the new MCMG. I don't want to say everything is perfect, but it isn't THAT bad as everybody say.
The thing is that we've never really been allowed to see how great Dijak or Rush are in ROH (and only rarely with Adam Page or ACH or Cedric or even Sydal and Silas) because they're not being given the time and opportunity to show what they can do in an ROH ring. Lee & Taylor did get that (although I didn't like the whole "Rowe hesitated" bit in their blow-off with War Machine. There should have been no question that Lee & Taylor were the better team.
Big Red Machine

AlexROH wrote:I find ridiculous too the fact that a lot of people complain about the product and they don't even see the shows. I mean, yeah, PPVs are important but ROH has had a bunch of awesome VOD shows and people ignored it because they want. ROH is more than just 6 PPVs a year. They do plenty of shows.
I think ROH is at fault a little here for not making those shows seem important, either beforehand or afterwards. That Pittsburgh show was awesome, but I wouldn't have ever bought it if it wasn't for the 50% off sale because the card looked bland and the house-shows have been booked to have absolutely no consequences (which up until the next night, they all had aside from Honor Rising the traditionally big ones like SCOH and Field of Honor). If ROH wants people to watch those shows and buy those DVD/VODs, they need to push them as being important.
Big Red Machine

045 wrote:
Or you know, this shit is so grossly expensive that people easily skip random house shows nowadays.
I went to look at tickets for Columbus Ohio when they went on sale and immediately noped out when I saw the prices. $75 for a house show is insane.
And the shipping for the DVDs is horrendous. There is no reason it should cost $6.95 to ship one item to somewhere in the continental US. And even worse, it's not like the f*cking packages they come in have changed. They just inexplicably upped their shipping prices by $4.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine wrote:
AlexROH wrote: Plus, I agree with Burnning Hammer. ROH maybe isn't getting all the young talent out here, but the ones ROH choose are great at an overall product, not just in-ring. I love EVOLVE Wrestling too, but some of the guys/matches that Gabe Sapolsky book are cold. I mean, they are great, but it look like some wrestlers cannot conect with the crowd. In the other hand, ROH has three top wrestlers (Lio Rush, Donovan Dijak and Keith Lee). I can't understand someone complaning about them not been booked better, they've been just 1-4 years in the wrestling business, there is a lot of time for them to shine. And let be honest, Lee & Taylor? Bad booking? They destroyed War Machine in 2016 and were the breakout stars of the company. Lio and Dijak are just getting started and are now in the new MCMG. I don't want to say everything is perfect, but it isn't THAT bad as everybody say.
The thing is that we've never really been allowed to see how great Dijak or Rush are in ROH (and only rarely with Adam Page or ACH or Cedric or even Sydal and Silas) because they're not being given the time and opportunity to show what they can do in an ROH ring. Lee & Taylor did get that (although I didn't like the whole "Rowe hesitated" bit in their blow-off with War Machine. There should have been no question that Lee & Taylor were the better team.
Yeah this makes sense. Maybe it's why Jonathan Gresham isn't a regular. That guy tells an incredible story in the ring and he realizes his value as a performer will drop when the aforementioned guys have been here for years and don't get jack shit to showcase their wares properly. I harken back to The Golden Age because I wonder what these guys would be doing under Gabe during that time period.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Can't get the website updated in ages, but sure as hell can get O'Reilly off the roster page....man you guys sure showed him!!!
WHG

Post by WHG »

My take on the O'Reilly website thing is that it indicates there is some kind of issue with Kyle (maybe related to his apparent perception that ROH has somehow interfered with his WWE hiring) that led him to request/demand their advertising of him for Atlanta be taken down...and possibly that they not give any indication that he's still connected to the company.

That aren't on top of it enough to do this without prompting or a specific reason.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I'm behind on my news. KOR is WWE confirmed?
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Brada wrote:I'm behind on my news. KOR is WWE confirmed?
No, but it sure seems like he's out of ROH.
ROHfan2002

Post by ROHfan2002 »

Website is bad, but wasn't there a mention of Kevin Kelly doing something new with the website and an ROH app when he took over his new responsibilities? Maybe they are putting all internet effort towards the new site and just maintaining this one for now.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Brada wrote:I'm behind on my news. KOR is WWE confirmed?
I heard that Court Bauer said it's pretty much a done deal.