Shouldn't the Bucks be Suspended?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Re: Shouldn't the Bucks be Suspended?

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Then why didn't you say this when Daniels was suspended? That made sense, but you didn't object to that. Don't use that this is pro wrestling shit either, you suspend disbelief every time you watch it.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I don´t remember saying i liked that either (Maybe i did it was a few months ago).

I watch wrestling for the matches and the athleticism, if they have some story behind good if not i don´t mind it if the match is good, i don´t pretend like i am watching a real fight or something.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

187_Joeism wrote:People were going to complain no matter what, let´s be honest here.
No. People wouldn't have been pissed if they had given a good explanation. For example, the one that Thelone gave here.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

That would be the first time people react to something without complaining so is hard to believe.

The explanation they used was better than the one TheLone proposed btw.
Big Red Machine

187_Joeism wrote:That would be the first time people react to something without complaining so is hard to believe.

The explanation they used was better than the one TheLone proposed btw.
I mean... if you like your promotion coming off like heels and copying WWE catchphrases then maybe.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

They used what TheLone said + give you another explanation, the only way the promotion could come off like heels is by suspending the Bullet Club because the fans love them.
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

The best way this could've been done for me would be Nigel coming out in Dearborn saying he is, in fact, going to suspend them, but gets interrupted by Briscoes/MCMG/Colt/whoever and then those guys talk him out of it. Would've made more sense and I think it'd be cool for this to actually happen instead of just being mentioned on commentary. It would be totally fine for Nigel to ignore it had it not been established that he suspended people for much less. The excuse that "they make us too much money" makes ROH look like total geeks.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

If Nigel comes out and do that he would be the biggest heel that night for trying to suspend the Bullet Club or would come off corny because this is 2016 and everyone know the deal about "suspensions", they told the truth with the "They make us too much money to suspend them" so i have no problem with that.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

187_Joeism wrote:If Nigel comes out and do that he would be the biggest heel that night for trying to suspend the Bullet Club or would come off corny because this is 2016 and everyone know the deal about "suspensions", they told the truth with the "They make us too much money to suspend them" so i have no problem with that.
Yeah, they should always just tell the truth. Fuck kayfabe! Why even bother doing something like a build to for example Briscoe vs Lethal. Just have Nigel come out and say, these guys are going to have a match, because they had a pretty awesome match last year, and we didn't have anyone else built up for a title shot, so at BITW, Lethal retains against Briscoe.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Not going as far as that but they shouldn´t do the corny things in 2016 like Cornette did when he was in charge.

Clear example is the PPV finish, they did so the fans would be mad at the Bullet Club but all the complains were directed to Delirious because he was the one that booked that.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Leo C. and Thelone made perfect sense on how to have handed this. Anything else suggested otherwise that flies in the face of logical storytelling is pure tripe.
Big Red Machine

187_Joeism wrote:Not going as far as that but they shouldn´t do the corny things in 2016 like Cornette did when he was in charge.

Clear example is the PPV finish, they did so the fans would be mad at the Bullet Club but all the complains were directed to Delirious because he was the one that booked that.
Well obviously making the fans mad at Bullet Club totally failed there now didn't it.

If you consider having the babyfaces coming out and saying "don't suspended them because we want revenge" to be "corny" then I don't know what to tell you. I'm sorry it does have people screaming "suck it!" to make you happy.
Big Red Machine

Leo C wrote:The best way this could've been done for me would be Nigel coming out in Dearborn saying he is, in fact, going to suspend them, but gets interrupted by Briscoes/MCMG/Colt/whoever and then those guys talk him out of it. Would've made more sense and I think it'd be cool for this to actually happen instead of just being mentioned on commentary. It would be totally fine for Nigel to ignore it had it not been established that he suspended people for much less. The excuse that "they make us too much money" makes ROH look like total geeks.
And the fact that these things are only being mentioned on commentary instead of done in segment is one of the major failings of Delirious' booking because it removes the viewer from having a personal connection to the events.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Big Red Machine wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:Not going as far as that but they shouldn´t do the corny things in 2016 like Cornette did when he was in charge.

Well obviously making the fans mad at Bullet Club totally failed there now didn't it.

If you consider having the babyfaces coming out and saying "don't suspended them because we want revenge" to be "corny" then I don't know what to tell you. I'm sorry it does have people screaming "suck it!" to make you happy.
No, i consider "Shouldn't the Bullet Club be Suspended?" to be corny. They shouldn´t use suspensions in 2016.
Big Red Machine

187_Joeism wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:

No, i consider "Shouldn't the Bullet Club be Suspended?" to be corny. They shouldn´t use suspensions in 2016.
What makes a suspension corny? They exist in professional sports.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Wrestling is not a professional sport, that´s what make it corny to me. I don´t know if you remember the tournament they did when Cornette was the booker with the winner getting 10.000 dollars or something like that, i don´t like those kind of things.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Yeah, the winner of a tournament getting some kind of reward at the end, such corny bullshit that should die in a fire frankly.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Title shot or belt is a reward, fake money is corny bullshit indeed, fake suspensions are the same to me. If you enjoy it good for you though.
Big Red Machine

187_Joeism wrote:Wrestling is not a professional sport, that´s what make it corny to me. I don´t know if you remember the tournament they did when Cornette was the booker with the winner getting 10.000 dollars or something like that, i don´t like those kind of things.
I'll agree that a match for 10,000 is corny (and Cornette's version of it- each side put sup 5,000 of their own for the pool- was even worse) but that is way different from a suspension. A suspension is like someone who kills someone on a TV show going to jail. That's not "real," either, but a set punishment for these heinous actions is part of the premise of the kayfabe world the show is taking place in.
Big Red Machine

Thelone wrote:Yeah, the winner of a tournament getting some kind of reward at the end, such corny bullshit that should die in a fire frankly.
The thing that made the money feel corny was that it felt so 80's. We've seen the prize pool for gameshows and things expand so much since then that them hyping up $10,000 felt a little silly (even if $10,000 is, in reality a lot of money).