ROH could afford to lose ...

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
notALongTing

ROH could afford to lose ...

Post by notALongTing »

Hi, new here.

Been watching ROH intently for past 2 years, and it always amazes me how tight they keep their roster. It's never felt bloated, or like keen potential would get swallowed in the mix, unlike the E and TNA.

However, in the interest of light-hearted discussion, let's hypothesise. You get to make 2 cuts to the current roster, and can replace both with any external wrestler, who seems like a legitimate pickup i.e. no-one under long-term contract, or whose likely wage would break the ROH wage structure.

Mine would be:

Dump war machine. I find them incredibly incredibly boring and pointless. To me they don't fit the ROH product AT ALL, and I don't see any potential for future growth or improvement. I have not enjoyed their title reign one bit.

Bring in Magnus and TJ Perkins. The former seems like the complete package to me, and could easily fit into ROH's style, as a main-event player. He's still young, and could see him going on to wrestle in WWE. The latter would be cheap and could easily fit into lower-midcard, or form a good team with Matt Sydal (I hate seeing Sydal and ACH tag), thereby replacing the borefest of every single war machine match.

So...? :roll:
Burnside

Re: ROH could afford to lose ...

Post by Burnside »

I would not dump Hanson as I really enjoy him in the ring. He should be a singles heel with a manager to talk for him.

Rowe is pretty disposable.

I would obviously drop Joey Daddiego. I also don't see the point of Stokely Hathaway.

Honestly, there is very limited value in the Motor City Machine Guns and Frankie Kazarian if you're not going to give them mic time or strong angles, and neither seems forthcoming. They're pretty much just broken-down guys having arbitrary matches that are a shadow of the matches they had 5-8 years ago. I think there is value in them, but current ROH does not have the ability to capitalize on that value so they end up pretty useless. I would NEVER have imagined that I'd be saying TNA used the Daniels/Kazarian team better than ROH, but clearly they did.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

ROH has devoted so much into building War Machine that I wouldn’t let go of either. (Though, I would argue that Hanson is the more overpushed of the two. I get very worried whenever Hanson wrestles that he’ll diminish the crowd’s enthusiasm for the next hour. He makes Rowe look charismatic. But they both come off as incredibly nervous during entrances and matches—it’s particularly un-warmachine-like.)

Motor City first came to mind for me as well. High on the card. Very little character. Middling workrate (and poor by comparison of their former matches). Little crowd interest. I find them as singles heel wrestlers to be the much more appealing alternative. There is practically nothing I want to see from MCMG today.

And if I were to conscript a freelance wrestler it would be Jonathan Gresham.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

book wm better,i like both guys

cut diesel

sing gresham and kincaid...

bring it british guys.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Veda Scott : she's hot, that's it. I wouldn't mind so much if she had anything else going for her, but her wrestling skills suck and her manager work is nothing to write home about.
Prince Nana : Just useless, so of course he signed a contract because he's cheap I suppose.

Jay Diesel : Well, he's Jay Diesel.
Kazarian, Rowe, Sabin, Titus : I see very little appeal to any of them as singles guys, and they're obviously the weak link in their respective team. I'd rather see the good half of the team with new up-and-comers (mentor/protégé dynamic) or just go solo.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Also, the appearance of both Veda Scott and Prince Nana has become a signal that "You are about to watch 5-7 minutes of airtime devoted to an angle that will take 6-9 months to go absolutely nowhere."
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

But what if you kept Stokely Hathaway to manage, along with Nana and Veda, ultra-babyface Moose? Assuredly that would be a great use of all parties, right?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

they need to refresh the tag team scene too...i like roh tag teams but something new could be nice..

some good creation like redragon or war machine..
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

If the Young Bucks aren't necessarily involved in the tag title hunt, I think a loss of War Machine would certainly be felt especially when there aren't the quality of tag of teams available to ROH to bring as ready made replacements. If there are teams available I would certainly love to hear about them and see what they have to offer.

In terms of people I feel certainly should be nowhere near the roster I would say Diesel and Titus are definite's maybe even ANX as a whole or certainly King should be repackage with someone else to spark some life or at least quality into ANX, I saw Juan Francisco had a tryout of sorts he could be the answer. I'm not really keen on The Beer City Bruiser and Silas Young as a whole although I do think if you added Zeb Coulter to the group it could really add something.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

I have zero issue with Bruiser. He's just there to protect Young in tags (what a novel concept) and give a babyface a win over a big dude once in a while. Frankly, he has more purpose than 90% of the roster at this point.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Thelone wrote:I have zero issue with Bruiser. He's just there to protect Young in tags (what a novel concept) and give a babyface a win over a big dude once in a while. Frankly, he has more purpose than 90% of the roster at this point.
Every wrestling company needs a fat guy.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Thelone wrote:I have zero issue with Bruiser. He's just there to protect Young in tags (what a novel concept) and give a babyface a win over a big dude once in a while. Frankly, he has more purpose than 90% of the roster at this point.
My issue is more we already have a wierdly toothed out of shape guy in Mark Briscoe, so if we could have somebody more in shape but a "real man" that would be great.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Mark Briscoe looks pretty in shape to me.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

BurningHammer wrote:My issue is more we already have a wierdly toothed out of shape guy in Mark Briscoe, so if we could have somebody more in shape but a "real man" that would be great.
Wait, what ?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

In terms of ring shape, cardio/athleticism he is good no problem, but in terms of physical look he for just isn't in great shape especially when you compare him to Jay that's all.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Only roster members that i don't enjoy are ANX, rest of the roster is fine IMO. People are out of their minds if they think the MCMG are bad. Also Rowe is so underrated here for some reason.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

rowe is awesome.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Moose, Hathaway, Taven, Cabana, Jay Diesel, Kazarian, Titus
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Moose! Moose! Moose!

It rhymes so well, it must be the correct answer
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Diesel, Titus, Cheeseburger, and Delirious the wrestler because Delirious the booker won't get shit canned as long as Koff is alive.