hypothetical question

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Brada

hypothetical question

Post by Brada »

Let's say that you had the scoop on something that would make the ROH product better. While the hypothetical scoop isn't 100% a done deal, lets say you felt very confident that it will be a done deal.

Would you post it here for all of us smart marks so you could be the one to say "I told ya so" after the fact?
Vanilla Gorilla

Re: hypothetical question

Post by Vanilla Gorilla »

Brada wrote:Let's say that you had the scoop on something that would make the ROH product better. While the hypothetical scoop isn't 100% a done deal, lets say you felt very confident that it will be a done deal.

Would you post it here for all of us smart marks so you could be the one to say "I told ya so" after the fact?
depends on if there is any chance, no matter how slight, that leaking the info could kill said deal. If posting it doesn't put that in jeopardy then post it. If posting it gives a small chance to kill the deal, then don't post.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Personally I wouldn't, as said above there is a risk that it could affect the deal no matter small it might seem most posting on a forum. I would personally hold off and just let us be hit by it, surprises are usually pretty cool and I would happily be surprised especially if it's a positive one.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

ask supersonic..
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Brada wrote:Let's say that you had the scoop on something that would make the ROH product better. While the hypothetical scoop isn't 100% a done deal, lets say you felt very confident that it will be a done deal.

The only real place you should be sharing this "scoop" (in my opinion) is through direct message, and only if someone asks you to DM them. You also have to trust the other person to keep quiet until whatever the news is breaks.

That being said, is this just a true hypothetical, and do you actually have a scoop (DM me if the latter is true)?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Definitely wouldn't post it. I wouldn't want to do anything that might make them change their minds.
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

No, but if I wanted to get a lot of attention and PMs I'd make a post about debating if I should share the news or not.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Withhold it especially if your source hasn't given consent and nobody else has come public with the same info.
Brada

Post by Brada »

This is more of a situation of knowing of something brewing because I am friends with someone "in the know" and happened to be with them when it was brought to their attention.

I was asked obviously not to "spill the beans", more so for the fact that it's not a done deal.

I was just curious though as to what you might have done in the same situation.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Brada wrote:This is more of a situation of knowing of something brewing because I am friends with someone "in the know" and happened to be with them when it was brought to their attention.

I was asked obviously not to "spill the beans", more so for the fact that it's not a done deal.

I was just curious though as to what you might have done in the same situation.
I may have heard the same vague info and was told not to publicize it at this time. Get your source's consent.