Official Road To "Best In The World '16" Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Official Road To "Best In The World '16" Thread

Post by monster mafia »

me too...looks like dijak is killing it in the indies,hope to see that in roh..lets wait and see the lethal-dijak match on tv

same thing with keith lee..
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Keith Lee also worked with Jeff Cobb last weekend. I think the match was for a small indy in Maine. Also , Beyond's promoter , Drew Cordeiro , is all over twitter singing Lee's praises. He thinks he has discovered a new star. Drew is imploring people to book Lee. When in reality Lee is just waiting for a full time spot in ROH . I think he been working spot shows for about a year .
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Memphis Mark wrote:Keith Lee also worked with Jeff Cobb last weekend. I think the match was for a small indy in Maine. Also , Beyond's promoter , Drew Cordeiro , is all over twitter singing Lee's praises. He thinks he has discovered a new star. Drew is imploring people to book Lee. When in reality Lee is just waiting for a full time spot in ROH . I think he been working spot shows for about a year .
lee and taylor are are working this weekend roh shows..hope they delivered

jeff cobb in roh could be awesome but you know..matanza.
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

He's only been Matanza for a few months, really. LU, for him, is probably just a gig. I'll bet that guy moves on to much bigger and better things. Can't wait to watch him vs Chris Hero. See? Already. That match will be way better than him vs Mil Muertes.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

STITCHES wrote:He's only been Matanza for a few months, really. LU, for him, is probably just a gig. I'll bet that guy moves on to much bigger and better things. Can't wait to watch him vs Chris Hero. See? Already. That match will be way better than him vs Mil Muertes.
the problem is lu contracts..but yeah,hope he moves around the indies and why not roh. fuck nxt.
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

I'm sure he will. I saw him over a year ago and he's far more capable than LU makes him out to be. Besides, I'm sure there will be bigger/better opportunities for him than wearing a mask and jumpsuit on El Rey TV. Not knocking LU. There's definitely a time and place for that sort of thing. But the role he's in now is very limiting and I'm sure he could do better.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
BurningHammer wrote:It looks like both Keith Lee and Shane Taylor will be on the June 3rd, 4th and 5th cards.

If Shane could just drop a bit of weight they could be something new for tag team division. I have a feeling though they may well go with Keith Lee as more of the full time guy which would be a good decision as he seems to be getting better and better.
Heard some really good things about the match Keith Lee had with Donovan Dijak in Beyond Wrestling this past weekend.
Yeah same, it's why i brought him up really as you sat the match has been getting some great reviews. That has been happening a lot with Dijak as well which is good news. Either way hopefully it's more talented fresh faces to add to the roster, I have a feeling we may see more additions to the roster over the next few months, as unless ROH uses regular faces we still have the new Kingdom to come back in.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

You can add to the June 11th show

Adam Cole vs Chris Sabin
ACH vs Alex Shelley
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Pick 'Ems for Collinsville, Indianapolis, and Columbus have been posted:

http://rohworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 56#p132456
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Keep Jay Briscoe in singles indefinitely.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

best promo guy in the world...he is amazing.
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

Something we can all definitely agree on.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Wilson wrote:
Keep Jay Briscoe in singles indefinitely.
And put this version of Jay Briscoe on TV.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I don´t see a difference between that Jay Briscoe and the one that is on TV.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Jay Briscoe’s promos on TV—which themselves are scarce—are produced and directed, which remove a lot of his idiom from the promos. That’s not to say that they come across poorly, but they are only OK, otherwise forgettable. I can’t imagine Jay Briscoe bringing up comments like “three-peating on that ass” on their television broadcasts. And “three-peating on that ass” is like some metonymy of Jayisms. It may sound overmuch, but without the liberty to use such phrases and improvise as he does naturally, it just does not feel like the genuine character is speaking.

Jay’s direct-to-YouTube promos are some of the most earnest promos I’ve ever heard. He tends to sell the match, the emotional narrative, and his character very, very successfully. One would think that that promo style is the one that should be on their TV program.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

187_Joeism wrote:I don´t see a difference between that Jay Briscoe and the one that is on TV.
The version of Jay Briscoe he produces himself is amazing (well, when he's not being homophobic). The version of Jay Briscoe produced for ROH TV is mostly just required to lurch back and forth saying "Dem Boys" and "since day one" over and over and over again in place of being a human being.
Last edited by Burnside on Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I agree that their youtube promos are better and comes across as more realistic, i don´t like the backstage promos as a whole. Problem is that you can´t have that freedom on TV so you are not going to get the real cursing Jay Briscoe there.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

187_Joeism wrote:I agree that their youtube promos are better and comes across as more realistic, i don´t like the backstage promos as a whole. Problem is that you can´t have that freedom on TV so you are not going to get the real cursing Jay Briscoe there.
It's not just the cursing.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

If it´s not the cursing then i still don´t understand use an example.