Official Best In The World 2016 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Re: Official Best In The World 2016 Thread

Post by Big Red Machine »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Ironically, I think Jeff Jones works for ROH.
Guilty As Charged.
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

His run with Sid was fucking priceless. Just steamrolling dudes mid-card. It was almost like a running joke. Too bad there was never a Sid vs Mike Awesome or Sid vs Rhino. But hey, enough talk about the best shit ever. ;)
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

STITCHES wrote:His run with Sid was fucking priceless. Just steamrolling dudes mid-card. It was almost like a running joke. Too bad there was never a Sid vs Mike Awesome or Sid vs Rhino. But hey, enough talk about the best shit ever. ;)
Didn't he start out as an ECW referee?

He was good as the Judge.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

FanSinceHDNet wrote:
STITCHES wrote:His run with Sid was fucking priceless. Just steamrolling dudes mid-card. It was almost like a running joke. Too bad there was never a Sid vs Mike Awesome or Sid vs Rhino. But hey, enough talk about the best shit ever. ;)
Didn't he start out as an ECW referee?

He was good as the Judge.

Jones worked the crooked ref angle in ECW . He was on the take from the Dudleys and Joel Gertner. The highlight of Jones ref run was when he worked a Sabu and RVD match . Jones took a bribe from Bill Alfonso to actually call a match right down the middle . Great stuff.
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

Absolutely! That dude was hilarious.

My favorite is when he'd run in to officiate after another referee would get knocked out... only to get a sudden hand cramp during a three-count and not award the finish. Fucking brilliant. :lol:
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Yeah, Jeff Jones was hysterical. They got good mileage out of him.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Spoiler: show
the 7/16 show in Philadelphia. Colt Cabana will also have a rematch with Jay Lethal (or whoever the champion is at that point) on that show.

The winner of the Jay Lethal vs. Jay Briscoe PPV match on 6/24, will then defend the title against Kyle O’Reilly on 6/25 at the TV tapings
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

supersonic wrote:Observer:

The winner of the Jay Lethal vs. Jay Briscoe PPV match on 6/24, will then defend the title against Kyle O’Reilly on 6/25 at the TV tapings
If ROH is deadset on making O’Reilly their next champion, it might be very possible that he wins on TV because of his weak PPV reactions a la Roman Reigns. Of course, we might just see Adam Cole intervening in O’Reilly’s title match against Jay Lethal again. That’s also very possible.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

You are coming across as if the crowd boo Kyle or something, he just doesn´t get the same reaction as Cole (Which is something understandable). If they waste Lethal vs Kyle on TV that would be the most dumbest thing that Delirious could do, waste more than a year of build like that.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

For months, Kyle O’Reilly has been garnering tepid reactions for a top babyface. It’s far from heel heat for a babyface, but it’s really not great.
If ROH is sussing out the best avenue for Kyle to win the belt to a strong, positive reaction, perhaps at a TV taping wouldn’t be the worst idea. It worked for Roman Reigns, and that was the preeminent criterion for my comparison.
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

The TV Taping after BITW is going to be a ghost town. The venue didn't even draw that well in January after a few years absence.

The only comparison I can find between Roman and Kyle is that they've both been booked like shit.
WHG

Post by WHG »

In my mind, any scenario where Kyle isn't winning the title from Cole is a waste. Their history, rivalry, etc...almost demands it. It also would give Kyle time to be properly built. I guarantee that the crowd reaction to Kyle going into a Final Battle Ladder War with Cole would be 180 degrees different than anything they'd do in between or with Lethal. Plus, if Cole had the belt for a few months, the natural fanbase effect of tiring of his reign would be in effect and Kyle would benefit from that.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

ninetwentyfour wrote:The only comparison I can find between Roman and Kyle is that they've both been booked like shit.
No one is denying that O'Reilly has been booked like shit for well over a year now and him getting lukewarm reactions at best has nothing to do with his in-ring work, but Delirious needs to realise quickly that he's not the guy right now and pushing him over and over in the top babyface spot is just gonna kill him.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

187_Joeism wrote:
You are coming across as if the crowd boo Kyle or something, he just doesn´t get the same reaction as Cole (Which is something understandable). If they waste Lethal vs Kyle on TV that would be the most dumbest thing that Delirious could do, waste more than a year of build like that.
Agree about the first part. As for the second... I don't think it's the 100% dumbest thing they could do/have done, but it would certainly be a big mistake.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

They could have done it better and yada yada but i agreed with them wanting him as the next champion, building it for a year to just blow it like that is a huge disappointment IMO.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

They haven't build anything in the sense that I'm not looking forward to O'Reilly winning the belt AT ALL. I didn't care much for Elgin triomphing over Cole either, but at least #TheMikeMan wasn't booked like a complete jobber to """build him up""".
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

You don´t like anything so i understand you don´t like this either, the part about him being booked like a complete jobber was valid until SCOH weekend, after that you can´t say that anymore.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Oh, but I will. O'Reilly beating Cole at SCOH meant NOTHING the second they turned Cole into the top heel (or face, or whatever) of the promotion while O'Reilly was just there being a nonentity like always.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Kyle beat Cole and beat Lethal numerous times, it doesn´t matter what they did with Cole after that he still lost the feud against Kyle. In fact, the higher Cole is the most important that victory becomes.
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

Why don't you two just get it over with and fuck each other, okay?