Official Best In The World 2016 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Official Best In The World 2016 Thread

Post by monster mafia »

With the permission of DXvsNWO1994..Here we go

The stars of RING OF HONOR return to the Charlotte area for BEST IN THE WORLD Weekend on Friday June 24, with 9 PM EST bell time for BEST IN THE WORLD LIVE on Pay Per view! The following night, ROH will conduct a National Television Taping starting at 6 PM EST. Both events will take place at the Cabarrus Arena in Concord, NC just outside of Charlotte!

Fans will be able to watch this extravaganza in the United States on all major carriers and worldwide on ROHWrestling.com but nothing beats seeing the hard-hitting, fast-paced action LIVE and in person!

ROH Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness has been working around the clock to finalize matches for ROH’s return to Concord. ROHWrestling.com can confirm at this time that the following stars will be in action or appearing during Best in the World weekend!

BEST IN THE WORLD 2016

ALREADY SIGNED

ROH World Championship,THE BIGGEST RE-MATCH IN ROH HISTORY
Jay Lethal W/Taeler Hendrix vs. Jay Briscoe

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
BOBBY FISH VS. DALTON CASTLE w/THE BOYS

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
THE ADDICTION (CHRISTOPHER DANIELS & FRANKIE KAZARIAN) VS. THE MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS (CHRIS SABIN & ALEX SHELLEY)

UNSANCTIONED FIGHT WITHOUT HONOR
BJ WHITMER VS. STEVE CORINO

"MR ROH" RODERICK STRONG vs MARK BRISCOE

KYLE O'REILLY vs KAMAITACHI

TORNADO RULES : MOOSE/WAR MACHINE (RAYMOND ROWE & HANSON) VS. ADAM COLE/YOUNG BUCKS (NICK & MATT JACKSON)

ACH VS SILAS YOUNG

SIGNED TO APPEAR DURING BEST IN THE WORLD WEEKEND:

DONOVAN DIJAK W/ PRINCE NANA
2016 TOP PROSPECT: LIO RUSH
ALL NIGHT EXPRESS (RHETT TITUS & KENNY KING)

PLUS MORE!

Last year the Best Fans on The Planet SOLD OUT Terminal 5 in New York City to witness Jay Briscoe & Jay Lethal battle to see who ROH's Undisputed Champion would be. Tickets are available NOW; you will need to get your tickets early before they do in fact SELL OUT!
Last edited by monster mafia on Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.
monster mafia

Re: Official Best In The World 2016 Thread

Post by monster mafia »

ps: no moose and adam cole in the talent announcement for now
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I'm proud of you monster mafia. It's the most cohesive thing you've ever written.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:I'm proud of you monster mafia. It's the most cohesive thing you've ever written.
speechless,thank you :D
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

KAMAITACHI!
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

I was just about to mention your use of capitals and all that stuff, bravo!
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

monster mafia, just make sure you add matches to the main post as they're announced. I'll set up a thread for the "Road To..." show in a few days. Thanks. :)
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:monster mafia, just make sure you add matches to the main post as they're announced. I'll set up a thread for the "Road To..." show in a few days. Thanks. :)
you got it sir.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:I'm proud of you monster mafia. It's the most cohesive thing you've ever written.
...it... eh... copy... and... uhm... p - actually, I'ma let this one slide!
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
...it... eh... copy... and... uhm... p - actually, I'ma let this one slide!
do you discover the water? ok cool.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Shhh! It's called reverse psychology. I intend to have monster mafia writing like Shakespeare by the time Final Battle comes around.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

he stars of RING OF HONOR return to the Charlotte area for BEST IN THE WORLD Weekend on Friday June 24, with 9 PM EST bell time for BEST IN THE WORLD LIVE on Pay Per view! The following night, ROH will conduct a National Television Taping starting at 6 PM EST. Both events will take place at the Cabarrus Arena in Concord, NC just outside of Charlotte!

Fans will be able to watch this extravaganza in the United States on all major carriers and worldwide on ROHWrestling.com but nothing beats seeing the hard-hitting, fast-paced action LIVE and in person!

ROH Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness announced at the Toronto stop of the War of the Worlds stop that the MAIN EVENT for BEST IN THE WORLD has been signed for Friday June 24 and it is The BIGGEST REMATCH IN ROH HISTORY, one year in the making!

ROH WORLD CHAMPION JAY LETHAL W/TAELER HENDRIX vs. JAY BRISCOE

For well over two years, ROH World Champion Jay Lethal has held one or both of the ROH World singles championships. Now, as his reign continues to grow in length and increasingly historic proportion, Lethal believes that there are no more challengers left to defeat.

The stars of Ring of Honor disagree.

One such star is Bullet Club member Adam Cole. Cole revealed himself as the latest member of the group that has been causing anxiety and panic in the professional wrestling world at Global Wars, interrupting Colt Cabana’s championship opportunity against Lethal and hijacking the event. Cole’s last one-on-one shot at the ROH World Championship was at Final Battle 2014. Before revealing the main event for Best in the World, McGuinness said that Bullet Club believes that Adam Cole should get the shot but he feels differently.

Cole is one of two former champions that has gone a year or more without receiving a one-on-one ROH title shot. The other? Two-time ROH World Champion Jay Briscoe. Briscoe had last held the championship for nearly a year himself before succumbing to Lethal in one of the most back-and-forth championship matches in history. After losing the ROH World Championship, to Lethal in New York, Briscoe took a small break to clear his head before returning to the tag team scene with his brother Mark. One year later, after scoring a visual eight-second pin on Lethal, Briscoe made his intentions clear in San Antonio:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/92g1e2yVJaE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Briscoe never received his contractual re-match and has petitioned ROH Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness to sign the match. With big wins in bouts with and against Matt Sydal, Michael Elgin, Moose, Adam Page, and Silas Young, Briscoe has proved that he has done what it takes to earn a re-match regardless of a clause in his contract.

In Concord, live and on pay-per-view, fans of The Best Wrestling on the Planet will get the most demanded rematch in ROH history! A win for Jay Briscoe will make him the only three-time ROH World Champion in history! A win by Jay Lethal will round out over one full year as ROH World Champion and etch his status in the upper echelon and rare air of ROH’s all-time greats.

Such an incredible rematch raises huge questions equal in size to its huge stakes! Can Taeler Hendrix help limit Lethal’s outside distractions in preparation for this bout? Has Briscoe’s recent battles in the deepest tag team division in the world taken too much out of him? Will Adam Cole and Bullet Club attempt to alter the fate of one or both of these men between now and Best in the World? And just who will leave Concord as ROH World Champion? Join us live and on pay-per-view to find out!

Last year the Best Fans on The Planet SOLD OUT Terminal 5 in New York City to witness Jay Briscoe & Jay Lethal battle to see who ROH's Undisputed Champion would be. Tickets are available NOW; you will need to get your tickets early before they do in fact SELL OUT!

Check back to ROHWrestling.com for the latest match announcements for Best in the World 2016 ahead of its live broadcast on all major pay-per-view carriers, ROHWrestling.com, FITE, Playstation Network, and more!
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

I like the main event, because the match last year was really great. They should have been building Briscoe better as a singles competitor in the last month or so though. Especially with the lack of new TV in coming weeks.
Blackshirt30

Post by Blackshirt30 »

Please ROH gives us a clean match here. Don't care who wins, just no outside fuckery from BC or anybody else.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

BEST IN THE WORLD 2016 is coming to North Carolina! On Friday, June 24th, the stars of Ring of Honor head to the Charlotte area. And you can watch it LIVE! Charlotte is an historic, legendary hotbed for professional wrestling, and the fans in the area are some of our most supportive and enthusiastic on the entire planet. But whether or not you can be there live in Concord, you can still catch the whole night of action on pay-per-view!

We already know that BEST IN THE WORLD will be headlined by the biggest rematch in ROH history when World Champion JAY LETHAL defends his title against his greatest rival, JAY BRISCOE. But as massive as this World Championship battle will be, that's just ONE of an entire night full of matches and non-stop Ring of Honor action. Here's the latest update on what's signed for BEST IN THE WORLD '16:

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
BOBBY FISH VS. DALTON CASTLE w/THE BOYS

At GLOBAL WARS, Bobby Fish FINALLY became ROH World Television Champion! He defeated Tomohiri Ishii live on pay-per-view, but Fish's quest for the title began long before Ishii was even champion. Former champion Roderick Strong was Fish's initial rival for the gold, and these two athletes antagonized each other for months. Every time it looked like Fish had the advantage on Roddy, Strong managed to bend the rules and escape defeat. Then, shockingly, Strong lost the championship to Ishii at HONOR RISING!

Bobby Fish remained in the hunt, competing in a championship triple threat match at the 14th ANNIVERSARY in Las Vegas. In what was no doubt a frustrating result, Fish wasn't involved in the fall of the matchup. Fueled by that frustration, Bobby Fish switched his target directly to Ishii, still maintaining that he could become champion in a one-on-one encounter. But now that Bobby Fish finally holds the gold, HE is the one who needs to watch out for challengers!

And the most-high profile challenger imaginable is lined up for June 24th: DALTON CASTLE! While Castle's meteoric rise in ROH has captivated crowds all over the world, incredibly, this will be his first championship match in Ring of Honor! Castle and Fish know each other well, both inside and out of the ring. But any friendship between these two charismatic stars is likely to be forgotten once the bell rings!

Bobby Fish says he worked too hard for too long and he intends to become the greatest ROH World Television of all time. But there is simply no one in the world like Dalton Castle, and the preening peacock would love to add some gold to his bodysuit in his first championship match! Castle won this opportunity in a Four Corner Survial match at the GLOBAL WARS pay-per-view.

Can he keep that hot streak alive at BEST IN THE WORLD? To get your tickets for June 24th, click HERE!

Matches Previously Announced

MAIN EVENT
ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
JAY LETHAL VS. JAY BRISCOE
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Fish vs. Castle is a legitimately interesting match, in my opinion. Can't wait to see it!
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

monster mafia wrote: While Castle's meteoric rise in ROH has captivated crowds all over the world, incredibly, this will be his first championship match in Ring of Honor!
He challenged Lethal for the TV title, on television. The match is listed on their website in the titles section. It took me three seconds to look that up.

Kinda like how the Briscoes and the Machine Guns were set to face each other for the first time for the third time last week.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Legit, I remember during my time in San Antonio passing on WWE live here and there due to very lazy/muddled creative. I even passed on Vengeance 2011, a fucking PPV, for that reason.

I'd do the exact same to ROH if they were debuting in the Pacific Northwest this summer, for the exact same reason. Keep in mind we don't get SHIT here for live wrestling events other than whatever WWE throws at us 2-3 times per year, sometimes even less than that.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
A Friday night show, which is tougher to draw than a Sunday, plus no New Japan talent makes this their toughest PPV to draw this year, although they are hoping to be able to get Katsuyori Shibata to debut (this depends on when his visa issue is taken care of) and Kamaitachi is also a possibility.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Kamaitachi is on the talent list!

i hope they can bring it shibata!

if shibata vs kyle is the plan,that explains for me jay vs jay 2