ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
187_Joeism

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by 187_Joeism »

JTCole wrote:Where the fuck are they getting the money

Also I'm pretty sure that while yeah you get more immediately if you sign with TNA you're screwed if you had gone to WWE and became hot. Roddy might consider TNA over WWE as he's a much better fit in NXT only but Moose would be crazy to not go to WWE if they wanted him.
Based on the reports every few months of TNA being behind payment i think they are not getting the money actually.

For Moose i think New Japan would be the best for him but i can't blame if he wants to go with the WWE money even though i don't think he will improve at all going to NXT like he would do going to NJPW.

Strong is an interesting one, he can stay with ROH but he has done everything here at this point so if NXT is interested he should try there, this open the door for new talent coming to ROH and give Roddy a fresh start.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Apparently Roddy isn't taking indy bookings after July.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

Even if TNA can offer a lot of money it's still a big risk. There's no telling how things will play out with the sale situation and you never know when TNA will go back to being late on pay. Look at what happened with Bobby Roode. He was said to have a very good contract with TNA and he left. Not only that, but the talk was that he took a pay cut with WWE.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

JTCole wrote:Apparently Roddy isn't taking indy bookings after July.

Who's saying this?
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

LJimmy wrote:

Who's saying this?
I guess it's an early scoop of sorts. My source is a guy named Larry Goodman who's friends with Bill Behrens. Behrens handles a ton of indy bookings (he's also the guy responsible for keeping AJ out of TNA this year) and while I'm not sure if he and Roddy are partners that way he would know enough for me to believe him.

This is all unconfirmed just so everyone knows, probably should have made that more clear.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

oh no doubt Roode took a paycut to go to NxT. from what ive read id say he was making at least 250k in TNA down to 40-50 k in NXT.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

JTCole wrote:
LJimmy wrote:

Who's saying this?
I guess it's an early scoop of sorts. My source is a guy named Larry Goodman who's friends with Bill Behrens. Behrens handles a ton of indy bookings (he's also the guy responsible for keeping AJ out of TNA this year) and while I'm not sure if he and Roddy are partners that way he would know enough for me to believe him.

This is all unconfirmed just so everyone knows, probably should have made that more clear.

Bill Behrens is AJ Styles longtime business manager/ agent . He also handles Lethal , Daniels , Sydal , Delirious , and Kazarian . He also runs an agency that handles bookings for 30 to 40 talents . He should have the inside scoop on all the coming and goings in the business.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Roddy is not taking indy booking now either, he works PWG and international aside from ROH.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

187_Joeism wrote:Roddy is not taking indy booking now either, he works PWG and international aside from ROH.
Maybe he meant PWG and ROH? I'll try and get confirmation.

Just checked and it was for PWG and ROH. So if it's true Roddy or WWE might be confirming soon.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

That makes more sense then, happy for him if he goes to NXT.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
One wrestler whose contract is coming due was offered a six-figure deal by TNA to come in and be a top star. The person is expected to take a lower WWE offer.
While it’s pretty much now expected that Moose is gone, although his contract doesn’t expire until Sunday and in theory he shouldn’t even be talked to by other promotions until that time (the belief is he’s scheduled for WWE medicals), there is no update on Roderick Strong. Strong did get an offer from Evolve, which I’d presume would be part of the anti-WWE leaning brigade with EC 3, Drew Galloway, Cody Rhodes and Chris Hero
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

So whomever they are talking about in the above part it's not Moose or Roddy?

Wonder who it is.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

It is Moose. The Observer is pretty incoherent and Dave is quite capable of discussing something explicitly and then discussing the exact same thing as a blind item in the same issue.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Burnside wrote:It is Moose. The Observer is pretty incoherent and Dave is quite capable of discussing something explicitly and then discussing the exact same thing as a blind item in the same issue.
I was thinking the same thing as well. It's probably Moose.

I saw somebody mention this on Twitter, but if Strong does go to NXT, I hope it's a Gargano/Ciampa type deal, just because I'd love to see Strong back in Evolve again.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

So, if Moose or Roddy's contract is not up, and TNA and WWE have offered one of them contracts, wouldn't that be grounds for someone to be in legal trouble? These rumors are hard to believe, although when these contracts officially end never seem to get out.

Also wanted to point out, there is a reDRagon t-shirt (under Kyle O'Reilly) on ProWrestlingTees, would that be a hint at something? Moose has a couple of new shirts on there too, for reference.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Ladrao12 wrote:So, if Moose or Roddy's contract is not up, and TNA and WWE have offered one of them contracts, wouldn't that be grounds for someone to be in legal trouble?
Technically yes, but this sort of tampering has been rampant in wrestling for decades and very rarely seems to result in legal consequences.

Meltzer says Moose's contract expires this coming Sunday, but he will work Best in the World.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Ok. Let me see if I understand all of these goings on in free agent land. TNA is offering an unproven like Moose a six figure deal.All the while TNA is out of cash and had to sell part of the company to Billy Corgan just to produce their latest PPV/ TV taping. Perhaps on of the reasons TNA is in trouble is because they offer six figures deals to unproven talents such as Moose

On the other hand Moose is going to accept less money from the WWE . Moose is not going to take the TNA offer as use it as leverage to attempt to secure a better deal with either the WWE , ROH , NJPW or LU . Our departing Moose is just going to accept whatever the WWE offers him , he just wants to fulfill his dream of being a WWE superstar . Interesting.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Memphis Mark wrote:Ok. Let me see if I understand all of these goings on in free agent land. TNA is offering an unproven like Moose a six figure deal.All the while TNA is out of cash and had to sell part of the company to Billy Corgan just to produce their latest PPV/ TV taping. Perhaps on of the reasons TNA is in trouble is because they offer six figures deals to unproven talents such as Moose

On the other hand Moose is going to accept less money from the WWE . Moose is not going to take the TNA offer as use it as leverage to attempt to secure a better deal with either the WWE , ROH , NJPW or LU . Our departing Moose is just going to accept whatever the WWE offers him , he just wants to fulfill his dream of being a WWE superstar . Interesting.
We don't really know how Moose has negotiated his deals? And I doubt WWE would offer him a better deal just because TNA wants him.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

TNA can offer more money but given the state the company is right now is uncertain if you are going to see the money you are signing for, makes a lot more sense to take a lower WWE money.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Well if I am Moose , I would take the TNA offer and float it to ROH , NJPW and LU to see what the marketplace is willing to pay for my services. I would not sign with TNA ,I would use them to secure a better deal .That just what I would . If Moose is just willing to take whatever the WWE is offering without doing due diligence , then he is a mark for the WWE . I don't know the details I just read the report than said he taking a smaller offer from McMahon. My motto is always get every dollar that is in the market, don't leave anything om the table.