ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by supersonic »

Most interesting secondary singles title match in ROH since Danielson vs. McGuinness.
Brada

Post by Brada »

agreed.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

insider

There were attempts to bring in former Ring of Honor champion Kyle O'Reilly to EVOLVE of late but they were unsuccessful. There have no discussions (yet) with Bobby Fish.

Lio Rush will be in for additional dates with EVOLVE following Wrestlemania weekend.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I haven't followed closely with O'Reilly since he left. So what is the deal with him, is he just not working and taking time off?

How are all these companies "unsuccessfully" negotiating with him? He must really think he is worth more than what these companies are willing to offer.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

Kyle worked AAW a few days ago,so not totally off i guess.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I just don't get what is keeping him from working from a more high profile company.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Brada wrote:I haven't followed closely with O'Reilly since he left. So what is the deal with him, is he just not working and taking time off?

How are all these companies "unsuccessfully" negotiating with him? He must really think he is worth more than what these companies are willing to offer.
Or he already has an offer from the WWE that he can't publicly discuss because of possible tampering issues. That would explain the indy appearances that keep him off of FloSlam. The WWE must have come to terms on the side with Bobby Fish that can't be revealed yet either, which explains his sudden decision to pull himself off of the ROH show. I am not an insider by any stretch of the imagination. This is pure speculation and deduction on my part.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I think you are very close to what is going on, either both have a deal in place or if they don't work for certain promotions in their hiatus they certainly will.

The thing with Kyle and Evolve is very interesting, I don't know if that's Kyles decission or WWE's but maybe that is the first sign in a crack in the relationship between Evolve and WWE or even possibly a sign that Flo wont be around too long becuase WWN takes up a large amount of real estate on Flo and if they go are many others going to join considering the issues they have had.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Brada wrote:I haven't followed closely with O'Reilly since he left. So what is the deal with him, is he just not working and taking time off?

If you are going to turn down a $65,000 deal from ROH, Kyle probably knows his worth and certainly isn't going to go for chump change on the Indy's and I doubt Evolve is going to offer anywhere near that, I imagine their highest will be close to ROH's basic maybe middle depending on Flo's money.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

BurningHammer wrote:I think you are very close to what is going on, either both have a deal in place or if they don't work for certain promotions in their hiatus they certainly will.

The thing with Kyle and Evolve is very interesting, I don't know if that's Kyles decission or WWE's but maybe that is the first sign in a crack in the relationship between Evolve and WWE or even possibly a sign that Flo wont be around too long becuase WWN takes up a large amount of real estate on Flo and if they go are many others going to join considering the issues they have had.
I wonder if there is a crack in the relationship between Evolve and the WWE. Considering a year ago American Alpha showed up for an autograph appearance. Regal showed up on the card for an appearance and didn't Zayn as well? Gabe whored out the picture of himself and Triple H backstage. Since then, the WWE has purged some of his talent and we haven't seen jackshit of any involvement of them with Evolve. I thought if anything they would have some kind of involvement with Evolve during WrestleMania weekend, but no. Just kind of makes you wonder.
Brada

Post by Brada »

BurningHammer wrote:

If you are going to turn down a $65,000 deal from ROH, Kyle probably knows his worth and certainly isn't going to go for chump change on the Indy's and I doubt Evolve is going to offer anywhere near that, I imagine their highest will be close to ROH's basic maybe middle depending on Flo's money.
But he chooses to go work an AAW show for a couple of hundred bucks?
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Don't forget that sweet NWL dough though. THAT is the dream.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
nickdiamante

Post by nickdiamante »

This is the last thing I heard from Kyle O'Reilly:

So we get to the question that everyone has been asking: What is your Ring of Honor status right now?
As of right now, we don't really have anything confirmed. To be honest, I don't know what the future for Kyle O'Reilly holds. I'm looking at taking a bit of time away and re-evaluating things. 2017 will mark 12 years in the business for me. It has taken its toll. Traveling, plus being a Type-One diabetic, it's taken a toll on my health. I'm kind of just needing a bit of a break to reassess my future and weigh my options. Never say never though, I'm certainly not definitely done with Ring of Honor, but I'm just going to see what comes my way and remain optimistic.

Rolling Stone Interview:
http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/kyle ... we-w463351
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

nickdiamante wrote:This is the last thing I heard from Kyle O'Reilly:

So we get to the question that everyone has been asking: What is your Ring of Honor status right now?
As of right now, we don't really have anything confirmed. To be honest, I don't know what the future for Kyle O'Reilly holds. I'm looking at taking a bit of time away and re-evaluating things. 2017 will mark 12 years in the business for me. It has taken its toll. Traveling, plus being a Type-One diabetic, it's taken a toll on my health. I'm kind of just needing a bit of a break to reassess my future and weigh my options. Never say never though, I'm certainly not definitely done with Ring of Honor, but I'm just going to see what comes my way and remain optimistic.

Rolling Stone Interview:
http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/kyle ... we-w463351
Yeah, but this is old news though. Several things have happened since this article was published. The NWL and AAW appearances. The Evolve contract that Kyle turned down. Most importantly, Fish being a free agent is what grabs my attention. I would be more inclined to believe Kyle might be returning if Fish had stayed around ROH. That's not the case. WWE is being overly careful now with respect to how they handle contracts with ROH free agents and wants them to be quiet about announcing any contract signings. Vince fucking hates lawsuits and the last thing he wants to do is get into one with SBG. If by some chance Kyle and Fish are signing with NJPW, the secrecy with which they are going about it would permanently damage their relationship with ROH. No, I am surmising those two are WWE bound based on the evidence, or lack thereof, we are seeing right now.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Also announced is War Machine vs Tenzan and Kojima for the tag titles. Just saying if War Machine is being given good opportunities in NJPW, could help with the negotiations.

If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
BurningHammer wrote:I think you are very close to what is going on, either both have a deal in place or if they don't work for certain promotions in their hiatus they certainly will.

I wonder if there is a crack in the relationship between Evolve and the WWE. Considering a year ago American Alpha showed up for an autograph appearance. Regal showed up on the card for an appearance and didn't Zayn as well? Gabe whored out the picture of himself and Triple H backstage. Since then, the WWE has purged some of his talent and we haven't seen jackshit of any involvement of them with Evolve. I thought if anything they would have some kind of involvement with Evolve during WrestleMania weekend, but no. Just kind of makes you wonder.
I think the real test would be, if, say Porgress and ICW become affiliated programing for the WWE (which has been mooted for a while) what happens to Gabe's ideas of using a lot Brittish talent, you can't exactly have a whole PPV not being able to broadcast matches due to WWE having an issue with Flo. It would be also be interesting to see what happens when talent see that the WWE isn't looking towards Evolve anymore for talent, Personally I can't see the likes of Rush, Lee etc heading there anymore, well unless Gabe keeps on promising all the talent titles or bigger spots.

I think with O'Reilly he is just trying to keep in ring shape while keeping everyone happy, and that includes himself. Also if you enjoy being a wrestler you are going and be in a match with Zaber in all honesty.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I wonder why he hasn't been working PWG.
Roque11

Post by Roque11 »

Actually Kyle turning down Evolve should finally make it obvious to people that he's not going to WWE. Anyways WWE is not even allowed access to any departing ROH talents for a long time to come. WWN Live still has a WWE connection since WWE is allowing their UK talents to appear on their Flo Sports broadcasts during Mania week, although ZSJ debuting in New Japan wearing the Evolve title shows that Nee Japan is about to steal away the relationship from WWE. This is more proof that Kyle will be with New Japan, ROH or TNA in the future.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Roque11 wrote:Actually Kyle turning down Evolve should finally make it obvious to people that he's not going to WWE.
Does it? I think otherwise. It might mean he's not entertaining any other offers but the WWE.
Roque11 wrote:Anyways WWE is not even allowed access to any departing ROH talents for a long time to come.
Yeah, okay. If you're that naive and behind the doors bullshit isn't happening, then you must still believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy and I can't help you.
Roque11 wrote:WWN Live still has a WWE connection since WWE is allowing their UK talents to appear on their Flo Sports broadcasts during Mania week, although ZSJ debuting in New Japan wearing the Evolve title shows that Nee Japan is about to steal away the relationship from WWE.

Gabe hasn't given one shit about talent going to work where they want because he wants them happy. So ZSJ shows up in NJPW with the Evolve title. So fucking what? He's probably thrilled it's free advertising for his product.
Roque11 wrote:This is more proof that Kyle will be with New Japan, ROH or TNA in the future.
You haven't proven jack shit.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

I'd love to believe that, because I am a big fan of O'Reilly's and I'd like to watch him wrestle more, but If he doesn't go up to the 'E, I'd be shocked.