ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Wilson

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by Wilson »

ROH really, really earned this. Some of the staff has to grow up and get better.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Both War Machine members are now expected to leave.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

rovert wrote:
monster mafia wrote: if dijak leaves too...

Let me guess the forum's "Princess and pea" like reaction: "no big loss"?
The thing is, most of those departures really aren't a big deal because of the way they've been booked to be meaningless in the product overall.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

JTCole wrote:Both War Machine members are now expected to leave.
really? tag team scene is fucking dead at this point men.

bring kes back.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Both Rowe and Hanson are 32 and have been wrestling since 2002 so I completely understand wanting a WWE shot if offered.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Wilson wrote:ROH really, really earned this. Some of the staff has to grow up and get better.
Amen to that! I think the saying "your folly be upon your own head" (or something to that degree) is very appropriate right now. I'm still a fan, but at the end of the day, everything that's happening right now is on them. I've got no sympathy.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

I never liked War Machine.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

PWInsider is reporting that

Adam "Hangman" Page and ring announcer Bobby Cruise have both come to terms with Ring of Honor and have signed new deals.

Donovan Dijak appears to be finishing up here as he's not currently scheduled for anything beyond the February TV taping in Pittsburgh (although one source noted that could change). That may be a by-product of WWE interest as the word that has been making the rounds the last two weeks is that WWE isn't comfortable offering anyone who was under a ROH deal an offer until they are 60 days out of their ROH deal expiring, obviously because they don't want to be accused of contract tampering. So, it's a case of talents now having to give notice to ROH, then wait a few months while working the indy scene to see if they will get a WWE offer. That likely explains why Kyle O'Reilly disappeared after his contract expired on 12/31.

As we noted last week, Keith Lee signed with WWNLive while having a ROH deal on the table. We are told that Lee and former tag team partner Shane Taylor were each offered contracts at the same time. Taylor signed immediately while Lee told ROH that he had other offers on the table. He informed ROH that he was going to sign with WWN over the weekend at the Atlanta TV taping and ROH told him they would finish him out in Texas against the Briscoes, obviously with the idea of closing the storyline out and putting The Briscoes over. Lee announced he was signing with WWN the next day and there's no clearcut answer to whether he'll actually work his final dates with the company.

Since we have gotten a few emails asking about this, ROH's Greg Gilliand, not booker Hunter Johnston is the point person responsible for handling the ROH contracts and getting them signed. Johnston is the booker and is behind the creative direction but Gilliand is responsible for all the major business decisions.

Cary Silkin is the guest this week on Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling podcast. Silkin has been pondering writing a book about his life working in the rock and roll scene in the old days of Times Square, which sounds like a lot of fun.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Brada

Post by Brada »

Losing Dijak definitely stings long term.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

So they claim Lee did in fact tell ROH he was leaving.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

dijak too?

oh men... :(
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

I never got the whole contract tampering thing. If WWE (or ROH for that matter) was interested in a talent if their contract was coming up I see no problem in the company contacting them early.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

cgstong wrote:Since we have gotten a few emails asking about this, ROH's Greg Gilliand, not booker Hunter Johnston is the point person responsible for handling the ROH contracts and getting them signed. Johnston is the booker and is behind the creative direction but Gilliand is responsible for all the major business decisions.
[cornette]

ROH's midcard has been criminally undervalued for years. This was an inevitable fulmination of talent challenging benefits and booking.

In some ways this recent spate of news leaves me lifted with the feeling that things might soon change, because now they're on the precipice of disrepair, and real change must happen to avoid swiftly becoming Another TNA.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Man, didn't expect Dijak leaving. He's such a great wrestler and I've always seen him as the next big thing. O'Reilly, Cole, Dijak and Lee out in four months, that sucks.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

JTCole wrote:I never got the whole contract tampering thing. If WWE (or ROH for that matter) was interested in a talent if their contract was coming up I see no problem in the company contacting them early.
It is not legal recruit people that are under contract , does not matter what industry .
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Why did Joe Koff hire Greg ? Just have a SBGI accountable handle the books and leave the personnel decisions to Kevin Kelly or Daniels. It looks like Cornette was right about Greg the office Boy .
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Memphis Mark wrote:
JTCole wrote:I never got the whole contract tampering thing. If WWE (or ROH for that matter) was interested in a talent if their contract was coming up I see no problem in the company contacting them early.
It is not legal recruit people that are under contract , does not matter what industry .
I didn't mean recruiting them, just asking them if they were interested in signing.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Not a big Dijak fan but Ill agree there was more that could have been done with him.

He always struck me as a basketball player trying to wrestle.

I still say there's still plenty of legit talent to be had by ROH.

They just have to find it.

May I suggest Chase Stevens?
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

JTCole wrote:
Memphis Mark wrote:
I didn't mean recruiting them, just asking them if they were interested in signing.
Well it is like the NBA. None of the teams are allowed to talk to the other terms players . Unless their contacts are completed and the contract talks are during the free agent. Same deal here. ROH has paid Dijack a fee for his services . He cannot talk to the WWE , TNA or Lu about business dealings until the contract and/or the non-compete agreement is over.

What compounds this interference issue for the WWE is that ROH , Impact , LU and NJPW have really good lawyers.
Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer »

AlexROH wrote:Man, didn't expect Dijak leaving. He's such a great wrestler and I've always seen him as the next big thing. O'Reilly, Cole, Dijak and Lee out in four months, that sucks.
Why wouldn't Dijak leave? He really hasn't been pushed and he is a taller guy that can fly a bit. He could move quickly up the food chain in NXT possibly and go to the main roster within 18 months.