ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
christopherclinton55

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by christopherclinton55 »

Ugh ACH has been tremendous in evolve Zach Sabre Jr. Match was great at evolve 80 the AAW matches against AR Fox and pentagon jr was good to great. The Fred yehi match was on the verge of being great but ended too soon.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

It doesn't matter how good his matches are. Nobody has ever said he isn't a good wrestler, his overall attitude is shit and he's immature which are his problems. Low Ki is a great wrestler, at one point arguably one of the best in the world, but he had a shit attitude and that held him back.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

ACH had the opportunity to wrestle the absolute best in the world that ROH brought in, including AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kenny Omega, and Tetsuya Naito, and he made those matches I couldn't give less of a shit about and only took up another matchup that could have happened. When Samoa Joe came back, how many people were chomping at the bit to see him against ACH? When ROH brought Nakamura, Omega, and Naito, how many fans were out there saying that they needed to see them against ACH? Booking them against ACH was a lazy move where they'd do their greatest hits, ACH would do flips, and then job. ACH couldn't adapt. I'm glad he's gone from ROH, and I'm glad that he was immature enough for PWG to say "This guy's not worth it". Lio Rush is already better at adapting than ACH ever was and he's been around for only a few years. I doubt that ACH vs. Scurll from the Anniversary would have been nearly as good, and Rush vs. Sabre in an upcoming EVOLVE show should be better. If I never have to see another ACH match again, it'd be too soon.
christopherclinton55

The Dragon Saga wrote:It doesn't matter how good his matches are. Nobody has ever said he isn't a good wrestler, his overall attitude is shit and he's immature which are his problems. Low Ki is a great wrestler, at one point arguably one of the best in the world, but he had a shit attitude and that held him back.
I was replying to someone commenting on his matches in evolve. I not sure about his attitude problem but I did enjoy his matches more than others I imagine.
christopherclinton55

King of Indy Style wrote:ACH had the opportunity to wrestle the absolute best in the world that ROH brought in, including AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kenny Omega, and Tetsuya Naito, and he made those matches I couldn't give less of a shit about and only took up another matchup that could have happened. When Samoa Joe came back, how many people were chomping at the bit to see him against ACH? When ROH brought Nakamura, Omega, and Naito, how many fans were out there saying that they needed to see them against ACH? Booking them against ACH was a lazy move where they'd do their greatest hits, ACH would do flips, and then job. ACH couldn't adapt. I'm glad he's gone from ROH, and I'm glad that he was immature enough for PWG to say "This guy's not worth it". Lio Rush is already better at adapting than ACH ever was and he's been around for only a few years. I doubt that ACH vs. Scurll from the Anniversary would have been nearly as good, and Rush vs. Sabre in an upcoming EVOLVE show should be better. If I never have to see another ACH match again, it'd be too soon.
The crowd was into the ACH/Nakamura and the ACH/Joe Match so for me I enjoyed those matches myself. I also enjoyed the ACH/Sabre match at evolve 80 so yeah he been great for me. I get what you are saying though because what you describe ACH is the way I feel about Ospreay and I don't enjoy his matches.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

King of Indy Style wrote:ACH had the opportunity to wrestle the absolute best in the world that ROH brought in, including AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kenny Omega, and Tetsuya Naito, and he made those matches I couldn't give less of a shit about and only took up another matchup that could have happened. When Samoa Joe came back, how many people were chomping at the bit to see him against ACH? When ROH brought Nakamura, Omega, and Naito, how many fans were out there saying that they needed to see them against ACH? Booking them against ACH was a lazy move where they'd do their greatest hits, ACH would do flips, and then job. ACH couldn't adapt. I'm glad he's gone from ROH, and I'm glad that he was immature enough for PWG to say "This guy's not worth it". Lio Rush is already better at adapting than ACH ever was and he's been around for only a few years. I doubt that ACH vs. Scurll from the Anniversary would have been nearly as good, and Rush vs. Sabre in an upcoming EVOLVE show should be better. If I never have to see another ACH match again, it'd be too soon.
Did I really care to see ACH against most of those guys? No (although I did want to see him against AJ and Omega). But in a lot of those cases ROH wasn't left with many options because New Japan wanted certain people protected and ROH wanted certain people protected, and the fact that ACH was so badly misused meant that he was able to lose so because he is both a great wrestler and was able to lose, he was put in those spots. Same with his Joe match, really. ROH needed some guys for Joe to quickly beat so that they could build him up for a title match, so they found some guys to fit the bill, and ACH was one of them.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Possible Adam Cole update:

PWG has an event scheduled in May with his name in the title. He's also facing Sami Callihan. In 2013, Cole was Callihan's farewell opponent. Full circle farewell for Cole before relocating to Orlando?
Brada

Post by Brada »

supersonic wrote:Possible Adam Cole update:

PWG has an event scheduled in May with his name in the title. He's also facing Sami Callihan. In 2013, Cole was Callihan's farewell opponent. Full circle farewell for Cole before relocating to Orlando?
yes sir.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Sydal just popped up in TNA. No clue as to ROH doesn't air the stuff that they filmed w/ him, or he can appear for both
The Dragon Saga

I saw this a couple hours ago.

Personally, I'd prefer if they didn't air it. Sydal is lucky to be working anywhere, but if he wants to work for Impact and ROH, I hope hes either made to make a choice or ROH tell him that they won't be doing business. Sydal's not Cody Rhodes who people actually pay to see and who has a decent sized fanbase. Sydal's almost three years out of the WWE. A good wrestler, but good enough to warrant special treatment.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Why yes, ROH should most definitely demand an assumedly non-contracted talent to drop another source of income.
The Dragon Saga

When that "other source of income" is their competition, then yes, they should.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

The Dragon Saga wrote:When that "other source of income" is their competition, then yes, they should.
If both companies like Sydal enough to use him but not enough to sign him to an exclusive contract, what's the problem?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

maxx_powerz wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote:When that "other source of income" is their competition, then yes, they should.
If both companies like Sydal enough to use him but not enough to sign him to an exclusive contract, what's the problem?
Agreed.
TNAmarkFrmIndia

Post by TNAmarkFrmIndia »

Honestly, ROH and Impact would benefit a lot more if they worked together to do the occasional talent exchange. It showed great potential with the Hardys but sadly that didn't work out so well. Hope that experience doesn't deter ROH from cooperating with Impact in the future.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

TNAmarkFrmIndia wrote:Honestly, ROH and Impact would benefit a lot more if they worked together to do the occasional talent exchange. It showed great potential with the Hardys but sadly that didn't work out so well. Hope that experience doesn't deter ROH from cooperating with Impact in the future.
CMLL and AAA don't like each other.
NJPW and NOAH don't like each other.
ROH and Impact don't like each other.

Way too much politics between the six companies for ROH and Impact to have meaningful working relationships, beyond Fight Network airing ROH TV.
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

famicommander wrote:
TNAmarkFrmIndia wrote:Honestly, ROH and Impact would benefit a lot more if they worked together to do the occasional talent exchange. It showed great potential with the Hardys but sadly that didn't work out so well. Hope that experience doesn't deter ROH from cooperating with Impact in the future.
CMLL and AAA don't like each other.
NJPW and NOAH don't like each other.
ROH and Impact don't like each other.

Way too much politics between the six companies for ROH and Impact to have meaningful working relationships, beyond Fight Network airing ROH TV.
I don't think they need a working relationship so much as an understanding to stay out of each other's way and stop impeding each other with this exclusive deal mess.

Using Cody Rhodes as the poster child, imagine how much talent would love to work some combination of ROH/Impact/NJPW/NOAH/AAA/CRASH/CMLL/WOS where they'd control their schedule and never have a free weekend they didn't want?

I could see some WWE guys not being used well jumping ship for that and some Indy guys earmarked for WWE rethinking that plan
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

You want to put your belts on your stars, and you want to have guys holding your belts signed to exclusive deals.

It's always ugly when a title holder signs with another company before dropping a belt.
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

famicommander wrote:You want to put your belts on your stars, and you want to have guys holding your belts signed to exclusive deals.

It's always ugly when a title holder signs with another company before dropping a belt.
Obviously, you lock your core guys up. But guys like Cody and Sydal show there's no need to do it across the board. You got guys like Fish and MCMG working ROH without an exclusive deal and Impact has guys in the same boat. Letting those guys bounce around will make both the ROH/NJPW/CMLL and the Impact/NOAH/AAA alliances more appealing imo
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Wrestlingisback wrote:
famicommander wrote:You want to put your belts on your stars, and you want to have guys holding your belts signed to exclusive deals.

Obviously, you lock your core guys up. But guys like Cody and Sydal show there's no need to do it across the board. You got guys like Fish and MCMG working ROH without an exclusive deal and Impact has guys in the same boat. Letting those guys bounce around will make both the ROH/NJPW/CMLL and the Impact/NOAH/AAA alliances more appealing imo
Until said freelance talent gets injured on the competition's card and all hell breaks loose. Everyone from promoters to fans go apeshit over that talent not being locked up and the blame games begin.