ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
rovert

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by rovert »

Roque11 wrote:
rovert wrote:
famicommander wrote: So now you're saying what I've been saying all along regarding War Machine, Fish and O'Reilly. :lol:
Nope you've been saying this for months. All parties left ROH contractually.
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

From this week's WO:

It’s also notable that even though WWE was attempting to buy the company as well, that ROH had gotten WWE to back off on deals with a number of wrestlers, names we know of being Donovan Dijak, Ray Rowe, Kyle O’Reilly and Bobby Fish, threatening WWE with tampering charges

Fish did an interview with The Sporting News saying that he would continue to work for ROH even though his contract expired on 3/27. He was just not going to sign a new contract and would also be taking independent dates. He said the only difference is he’s no longer exclusive to ROH. “In no way did I not want to continue working with Ring of Honor,” he said. He said as far as his future goes that he was flying by the seat of his pants. “It’s kind of nerve-wracking but exciting at the same time.” This coming weekend he’s working for both ROH and What Culture in Orlando. The story largely hinted he’d be in NXT in June but Fish said he has no idea. As best I can tell, nobody has exact dates on when they are reporting to WWE after the hold-up but the belief has been that it was a matter of when and not if. I had asked Paul Levesque about this and he was understandably vague but in reference to O’Reilly said that he would be in WWE doing great things at some point. He’s also hinted that he and O’Reilly would be teaming again “probably sooner than expected.
rovert

Post by rovert »

Also in that issue:
Kyle O’Reilly will be starting with Evolve on 4/22 in Queens, NY and will appear there regularly until WWE brings him in and soon, although not this coming weekend
Shock of all shocks Roque11 was wrong.
Rich of Honor

Post by Rich of Honor »

Another bites the dust: Taeler Hendrix tweeted that she will not be working with ROH any longer

https://twitter.com/Taeler_Hendrix/stat ... 5545767940

"Want to thank @ringofhonor for all the opportunities given to me! I'm forever grateful. I wish you well, and I look forward to the future!"

This doesn't feel super surprising as she hasn't been on ROH programming since the summer and the division itself still lacks consistency.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Rich of Honor wrote:Another bites the dust: Taeler Hendrix tweeted that she will not be working with ROH any longer

https://twitter.com/Taeler_Hendrix/stat ... 5545767940

"Want to thank @ringofhonor for all the opportunities given to me! I'm forever grateful. I wish you well, and I look forward to the future!"

This doesn't feel super surprising as she hasn't been on ROH programming since the summer and the division itself still lacks consistency.
But it is decently significant because she was one of the two most pushed women in the division.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Almost everyone in the WOH division deserves better, and Taeler especially so. I hope this means she’ll be in the WWE, as that is such a bigger breakthrough for female talent than compared to male, whom of course already struggle enough on the independents.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

another one:

baltimore tv tapings will be lio rush final appearance for roh.

only 1 year in the company...a shame.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Bobby Fish is figured into the booking plans going forward. He’ll work here as a regular going forward but also work more indie dates. He’s reluctant to sign a new deal because that would lock him up from going to WWE, but for now he’s doing ROH, maybe New Japan as well as indies. Similarly, Adam Cole’s contract is up on 4/30, but he’s expected to follow a similar path, working here, New Japan and indies as opposed to signing a long-term deal that would keep him from WWE. Another wrinkle in this is with New Japan getting so enthusiastic about its U.S. prospects due to the quick sellouts, whether they’d make a play to be the home base promotion for both of them, where they could figure strongly into the New Japan plans but also work ROH and indies.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Fish, Cole, any other potential Full Sail participant needs to be contract free for around 90 days before "the ball gets rolling"....
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Brada wrote:Fish, Cole, any other potential Full Sail participant needs to be contract free for around 90 days before "the ball gets rolling"....
Which is still bullshit. I'm not saying WWE is right for talking with talent while under contract, but the fact is the guys aren't under legal deals anymore. They should be signed right away if they want.
Brada

Post by Brada »

agreed......its kind of funny that a single picture being posted online caused every bit of this...
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so this is why a lot of wrestlers let roh or do not sign contracts ? because maybe they can fall into blacklist with wwe?
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

It's not even blacklisting, it's that wrestlers don't want to have to wait two or three months to be signed.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

JTCole wrote:It's not even blacklisting, it's that wrestlers don't want to have to wait two or three months to be signed.
that is true.

they need to sign good people that are not under wwe radar in the moment..idk (gresham,stalion...etc)

so adam cole still around for a while? cool i guess.
Brada

Post by Brada »

If what I heard was true, Cole will get his Bullet Club exit on the way out the door from the Cleaner.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Brada wrote:If what I heard was true, Cole will get his Bullet Club exit on the way out the door from the Cleaner.
You mentioned in the NJPW thread that their relationship with ROH looks to be on its last legs and we know Omega has a lukewarm relationship with ROH. I'd love to see Kenny get an extended run like AJ's 2014 / 2015, but it feels like wishful thinking.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

How come the departures thread has 3 times as many posts as the new talent thread?
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I suspect the question is rhetorical. But while there have been a lot more departures than signings the last year, I also think there is a lot more stressing over impending departures than celebrating possible new signings. Not sure if that is something particular to ROH fans because of generally negative feelings about the direction of the company or just human nature to worry about things that could happen. Probably both.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

maxx_powerz wrote:I suspect the question is rhetorical. But while there have been a lot more departures than signings the last year, I also think there is a lot more stressing over impending departures than celebrating possible new signings. Not sure if that is something particular to ROH fans because of generally negative feelings about the direction of the company or just human nature to worry about things that could happen. Probably both.
Kudos man. Yeah it was rhetorical. Great answer.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

maxx_powerz wrote:I suspect the question is rhetorical. But while there have been a lot more departures than signings the last year, I also think there is a lot more stressing over impending departures than celebrating possible new signings. Not sure if that is something particular to ROH fans because of generally negative feelings about the direction of the company or just human nature to worry about things that could happen. Probably both.
ROH's talent drain and booking are ongoing areas of concern and for good reason. There are more big departures than arrivals in the last few years so naturally that's what people are going to talk about.

But there is also a tendency for fans to panic and/or pile on when wrestling companies appear to be struggling. Anyone who has ever been a TNA fan on the internet knows this well. That company has been a gong show and probably should have died multiple times by now, but I literally cannot remember a time when people online weren't talking about their impending doom. TNA has been about to die since about 4 days after it started.

It's pretty similar for every major promotion in the world except WWE, NJPW and CMLL. NOAH, AAA, DG, Lucha Underground, AJPW, etc. I'm not trying to downplay the financial struggles of any of those companies, nor TNA or ROH. But I must have read 500 news stories and 50,000 forum posts saying that one of those companies was due to die any day, and they're all still here.

You rarely see a headline on the wrestling news sites that says, "[insert promotion here] is pretty much operating as normal". They're either the next big thing or they're on their death bed.