ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by monster mafia »

this is cool.

famicommander

Post by famicommander »

rovert wrote:
Roque11 wrote:So all this hoopla over Fish and Rush leaving, yet they're still going to be working for ROH. LOL!
Cool gimmick post. Listen to the Between The Ropes podcast. Fish inferred him joining WWE in June.
I find it surprising WWE would sign a guy like Fish at age 40. I mean, Styles and Roode were pretty old when they finally got there but both were multi-time world champs at major promotions before they signed.

But good for Bobby, if that's what they do. Maybe they'll keep reDragon together... the one place WWE is pretty thin company-wide is tag teams. You could probably book one good tag division if you combined every tag team from Raw, SD, and NXT but it still wouldn't be great.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Have Cole, O'Reilly, and Fish come into NXT together as a heel trio.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

JTCole wrote:Have Cole, O'Reilly, and Fish come into NXT together as a heel trio.
THIS!!!!
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

famicommander wrote:
rovert wrote:
Roque11 wrote:So all this hoopla over Fish and Rush leaving, yet they're still going to be working for ROH. LOL!
Cool gimmick post. Listen to the Between The Ropes podcast. Fish inferred him joining WWE in June.
I find it surprising WWE would sign a guy like Fish at age 40. I mean, Styles and Roode were pretty old when they finally got there but both were multi-time world champs at major promotions before they signed.

But good for Bobby, if that's what they do. Maybe they'll keep reDragon together... the one place WWE is pretty thin company-wide is tag teams. You could probably book one good tag division if you combined every tag team from Raw, SD, and NXT but it still wouldn't be great.
Sure it wouldn't be...

New Day
Usos
Revival
DIY
American Alpha
Fandango & Tyler Breeze
reDRagon
Hardyz
LUke Harper & Erick Rowan
Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson
TM61
Kings of Wrestling*
Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens*
Wolves Among Men*

*late 2017/early 2018 reunions, with Sheamus being fucked off to NXT by Ohno due to Cesaro's "betrayal"; Wolves Among Men would be unlikely pairing of Strowman & Corbin
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Well if we get to just make up tag teams then I'm putting Okada and Dalton Castle on a tag team.

But seriously... American Alpha, the Usos, Harper & Rowan, Breeze & Fandango, Golden Truth, Shining Stars, Enzo and Cass, Hype Bros, Vaudevillians, Ascension, Sheamus & (insert unfortunate bastard here) ... they don't do much for me. I like Rhino and Slater (mostly just Rhino), New Day, the Hardys, reDragon, TMDK, DIY, Kings of Wrestling, Steen & Generico, and Gallows & Anderson (mostly just Anderson) but most of those teams are either hypothetical or not yet in WWE.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

supersonic fantasy WWE 2K17 looking good.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

JTCole wrote:Even if the non-contracted talent are staying in ROH they'll never be pushed to any meaningful role.
Which is a mindset that ROH really needs to get out of.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

reDRagon is back on April 30th for a Premier Wrestling Xperience (PWX) show:

rovert

Post by rovert »

famicommander wrote:
rovert wrote:

Things in Wrestling in general are very much up in the air. I'd believe it when I see it.

WWE and WWE talent relations have so many shiny toys or concerns between now and June - the UK, Women's Tournament etc. And so much talent they are not utilising fully.

The only WWE signing I'd call a lock is Adam Cole. Much like War Machine Kyle O'Reilly getting a strong offer from New Japan is foreseeable. With Fish following his lead.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

JTCole wrote:Even if the non-contracted talent are staying in ROH they'll never be pushed to any meaningful role.
yeah having half a roster full of guys who you cant put the title on isnt ideal
Roque11

Post by Roque11 »

rovert wrote:
famicommander wrote:
[/quote wrote:
Things in Wrestling in general are very much up in the air. I'd believe it when I see it.

WWE and WWE talent relations have so many shiny toys or concerns between now and June - the UK, Women's Tournament etc. And so much talent they are not utilising fully.

The only WWE signing I'd call a lock is Adam Cole. Much like War Machine Kyle O'Reilly getting a strong offer from New Japan is foreseeable. With Fish following his lead.
So now you're saying what I've been saying all along regarding War Machine, Fish and O'Reilly. :lol:
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

The thing about Japan is you pretty much have to sacrifice your personal life to work full time there.
85Live

Post by 85Live »

NJPW is "full"...just watch. Words of Tiger himself.
Roque11

Post by Roque11 »

JTCole wrote:The thing about Japan is you pretty much have to sacrifice your personal life to work full time there.
Still most wrestlers will choose New Japan over WWE if they have to choose between the two. The mentality of wrestlers today is to copy the movesets of their favorite wrestlers from Japan and the UK or to try to imitate whatever they see in UFC fights. Wrestlers today care more about having the match of the year than they do in drawing real money with charisma, characters, mic work and storylines.

I've said it from day one, people like Kyle are too elite of competitors to choose WWE over New Japan.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

If Kyle wants to wrestle in Japan over WWE he'll do it.

And honestly I don't think WWE would even offer him much to join, he's not a guy they can build around. Maybe he'd do better in NXT but even there they have a ton of guys more worthy. Not insulting him, just that I believe Hero, Strong, and even Lorcan are better fits.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Roque11 wrote:Still most wrestlers will choose New Japan over WWE if they have to choose between the two. The mentality of wrestlers today is to copy the movesets of their favorite wrestlers from Japan and the UK or to try to imitate whatever they see in UFC fights. Wrestlers today care more about having the match of the year than they do in drawing real money with charisma, characters, mic work and storylines.
Yeah, totally not an issue in today's pro wrestling.
I've said it from day one, people like Kyle are too elite of competitors to choose WWE over New Japan.
Are you actually buying that horseshit you're writing ?

O'Reilly isn't cut to be a super serious no-nonsense badass. He doesn't wrestle like a badass (maybe he should dump stupid spots like the spaghetti legs and "i'm trying so hard to reach the ropes") nor act like one (I almost expect him to cry whenever he's """acting""" tough and mean). Again, his most noteworthy run was being one half of a tag team and acting like a smarmy dickhead.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Roque11 wrote: So now you're saying what I've been saying all along regarding War Machine, Fish and O'Reilly. :lol:
You’re being disruptive and dismissive.

rovert has always mentioned that O’Reilly would not be with the company and that War Machine could leave because at least one member of the team is seriously considering it. rovert has also been providing follow-throughs or updates to all three talent, which seem to be plausible on their face and are often later corroborated by news outlets.

You’ve just been saying it because you want it to be true. Case in point:
Roque11 wrote:Still most wrestlers will choose New Japan over WWE if they have to choose between the two. The mentality of wrestlers today is to copy the movesets of their favorite wrestlers from Japan and the UK or to try to imitate whatever they see in UFC fights. Wrestlers today care more about having the match of the year than they do in drawing real money with charisma, characters, mic work and storylines.

This is such a wildly inaccurate expression that it’s hard to even counterargue. Every wrestler has different professional values and different values to specific environment that stating something so monolithic is bound to make you sound like a weird goobus. The reasons for War Machine perhaps wanting to work with NJPW rather than WWE or ROH would be so much different to Kyle’s, and so on.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Kyle would be fine in NXT as an obnoxious heel.

I don't see him being successful in any other role due to his own limitations.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Thelone wrote:
Yeah, totally not an issue in today's pro wrestling.
Are you actually buying that horseshit you're writing ?

O'Reilly isn't cut to be a super serious no-nonsense badass. He doesn't wrestle like a badass (maybe he should dump stupid spots like the spaghetti legs and "i'm trying so hard to reach the ropes") nor act like one (I almost expect him to cry whenever he's """acting""" tough and mean). Again, his most noteworthy run was being one half of a tag team and acting like a smarmy dickhead.
Thelone was spot on and hilarious.