ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by monster mafia »

adam cole to wwe...oh my god..unexpected.!!!!!!
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

So do we expect Ospreay back? Don't think he's been in since May, and missing the UK tour feels damning.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

God even knows. He keeps saying in interviews and stuff hes committed but they never seem to use him. Him living in Australia now won't help too much.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I wonder what Lio Rush will do in WWE. I assume they brought him in for 205 live... however i wonder if he'll be given a serious character. His size seems like that would be something they would exploit. I'd imagine he'd be in NXT before 205, so we'll see what happens there.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Dijak is now an official WWE wrestler. Great for him! I think he could be something big in WWE with his body and all the moves he is able to do. Loved his work in ROH, with other booker, he could have been a strong upper-carder. I saw a lot of potential in him,
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Dijak should have been great for ROH. Really thought he was beginning to find himself with Search & Destroy when he left. He did look awesome in EVOLVE and other promotions especially his series on the indies with Keith Lee (who could have been something big too) one of the two matches I specifically went to see at EVOLVE 70 earlier this year was him & Elgin vs. Williams & Yehi just because those two (Dijak & Elgin) seemed like such an intriguing pairing kind of like an old school gaijin tandem in Japan (wish he could have went to NJPW to team with Elgin).
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Dijak should have been the face of roh...good luck to him,he is awesome.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

dhads7161 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:45 pm Dijak should have been great for ROH. Really thought he was beginning to find himself with Search & Destroy when he left. He did look awesome in EVOLVE and other promotions especially his series on the indies with Keith Lee (who could have been something big too) one of the two matches I specifically went to see at EVOLVE 70 earlier this year was him & Elgin vs. Williams & Yehi just because those two (Dijak & Elgin) seemed like such an intriguing pairing kind of like an old school gaijin tandem in Japan (wish he could have went to NJPW to team with Elgin).
Wow. I never thought of that, but a Dijak/Elgin tag team in NJPW would have been fucking sweet.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I did make a slight mistake. It was EVOLVE 80.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:26 pm
dhads7161 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:45 pm Dijak should have been great for ROH. Really thought he was beginning to find himself with Search & Destroy when he left. He did look awesome in EVOLVE and other promotions especially his series on the indies with Keith Lee (who could have been something big too) one of the two matches I specifically went to see at EVOLVE 70 earlier this year was him & Elgin vs. Williams & Yehi just because those two (Dijak & Elgin) seemed like such an intriguing pairing kind of like an old school gaijin tandem in Japan (wish he could have went to NJPW to team with Elgin).
Wow. I never thought of that, but a Dijak/Elgin tag team in NJPW would have been fucking sweet.
It would have...did Dijak ever get to go to Japan through ROH? I just see WWE shitting the bed with him. He's there ideal guy so they'll drop the ball huge and pigeonhole him with a big man role where he doesn't grow as a character. He'll be the next Galloway...an obvious Vince McMahon boner giver who Vince has no idea to book.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Will Ospreay is returning in October. He’ll be working on the combined NJPW & ROH shows that month, as well as the show in Philadelphia. The plan is also for him to work most of the November ROH shows.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Cody has signed a domestic exclusive contract with ROH http://rohworld.com/cody-rhodes-signs-d ... -contract/
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Whatever. I like Cody as a person, and he's a better wrestler than, say, Ryback. I might even like him in ROH if he and Marty switched roles. I just hope that the contract isn't for so much that ROH is obligated to keep him in the main event forever, match quality be damned.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

When Cody's reign ends, I wouldn't have a problem if he is a strong mid-uppercarder. Let the great wrestlers have strong main events so Cody could work in the midcard and having good matches (***1/2) just like he did with Lethal when he arrived.

This contract it's good for ROH's economy, I just could stand him as the World Champ. He's a phenomenal guy, works hard and help ROH a lot; but man, he can't have great main events. Not his fault, not everybody is an in-ring master.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

i guess he will be dropping the NEW title soon then.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Bye, bye Tempura Boyz:

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

AlexROH wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:18 am Bye, bye Tempura Boyz:

Is there any team that doesn't win those belts pretty much right away? Gedo has got to be the most overrated booker in the wrestling industry by miles.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:18 am
AlexROH wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:18 am Bye, bye Tempura Boyz:

Is there any team that doesn't win those belts pretty much right away? Gedo has got to be the most overrated booker in the wrestling industry by miles.

Look at the other major bookers right now

ROH - Delirious
CMLL - Ultimo Guerrero and others
AAA - Vampiro and others
Impact - John Gaburick and others
WWE - Road Dogg, HHH, Vince McMahon, and others

I'd trade you all those dudes and a first round draft pick for Gedo.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

But would you rather have Gabe or Gedo?