ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by Big Red Machine »

famicommander wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:59 pm I don't blame ROH for not making him a main event talent. Every single interview he's talking about doing something different in the future. Wants to stay in NJPW forever, wants to do ROH, doesn't want to do ROH, wants to go to WWE, doesn't want to go to WWE, wants to stay and help the British indie scene, wants to move to Australia.

I'd rather have Will Ospreay than no Will Ospreay but that doesn't mean I think he should be in the main event.
This. You need a firm commitment from someone before you make them a top player.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Agree..makes sense to me. Great talent, but not committed to any one company, other than New Japan. Don't mind him being used as a special attraction moving forward. Maybe we'll get some war of the worlds appearances.

Nice grab for Gabe, even if it is just a handful of shows.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

According to the observer, the Kingdom have apparently signed exclusive domestic contracts with ROH
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I would have figured Taven was already signed
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

famicommander wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:50 pm I would have figured Taven was already signed
I think Meltzer wanted to say O'Ryan and Marseglia. Taven has been ROH's US exclusive for a while. On the other hand, O'Ryan and Marseglia just ended their indy dates with the latest NEW show when they lost the tag titles.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Actually, Matt Taven wasn't exclusive to ROH. His contract expired the same time as Bennett and Maria, but if you recall he injured himself - tore his ACL if I recall correctly? But anyways, ROH continued to pay him without a contract and when he returned he only signed a short term one, so this entire time he hasn't had an exclusive deal and has been regularly working indies when he's off.

It appears ROH is going to get behind him a lot more right now though which I'm not actually against. I think hes worked hard to improve his look and character somewhat, and that he and TK O'Ryan have a lot of potential. Marseglia still needs a lot of work though and needs to stop acting as goofy as he does.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Silas just tweeted this

Been in Florida since new year's day and I just realized my contract expired and im a free agent holding some important gold!! Weather is shitty, if only there was something else to do in the Orlando area.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Beer City Bruiser tweeted this:

It's official, I have re-signed with @ringofhonor wrestling. I will be taking limited independent bookings.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

So Bruiser is contracted but the ROH World TV Champion has apparently yet to re-sign? Makes sense.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

obviously storyline.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

i havent seen Taven booked for any stateside indies in more than a year. if he wasnt under exclusive contract already id be surprised
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Silas signed a exclusive 1-year deal during 2017 so he's under contract.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

pwtorch:

Current ROH World TV Champion Silas Young is currently a free agent. Young recently tweeted about his current status. PWTorch has confirmed that Young is a free agent and has not signed a new deal after his old deal expired recently. Young also tweeted about his desire to work with the best talent from all over the world in 2018. Young was previously under an exclusive deal with ROH in 2017.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Meltzer:
Those who report to Orlando on Tuesday to start in WWE are War Machine, Ricochet, Candice LeRae, Kacy Catanzaro, Kavita Devi, Rinku Singh (the former minor league baseball player who got WWE ESPN coverage yesterday about his debut), Shadia Bseiso, Nasser Alruwayeh and Nicolai Salchow (a former MMA fighter).
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

gresham contract is up?

he is going to wrestle for czw again.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Daddiego is no longer listed on the roster with the launch of the new site, so I'm assuming perhaps he's officially gone? I don't think he's wrestled since the middle of last year?
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Zhuge1 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:09 am Daddiego is no longer listed on the roster with the launch of the new site, so I'm assuming perhaps he's officially gone? I don't think he's wrestled since the middle of last year?
Do you REALLY need any update on Joey Daddiego ? :lol:
ImageImage
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

AssShooter wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:33 am
Zhuge1 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:09 am Daddiego is no longer listed on the roster with the launch of the new site, so I'm assuming perhaps he's officially gone? I don't think he's wrestled since the middle of last year?
I for one, am, in fact, slightly happier with actual confirmation that he's gone.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

AssShooter wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:33 am
Eh, I think confirmation would be good to have one way or the other. I don't totally get the hate for the guy (although I realize he wasn't a great in-ring performer), but maybe I'm in the dark on something else. I still think they should have paired him up with Cheeseburger for the "feud" with Ferrara and Titus as it would have made more sense than leaving Cheeseburger by himself (or pairing him with Delirious).