ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
The Dragon Saga

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Pretty sure they have to. Can't just keep using CMLL talent and not send their own. ROH has had one of their best up and coming stars in Dragon Lee, a legend like Ultimo Guerrero, they have Volador Jr coming in for SCOH and in-return have sent Matt Taven and I believe Jay Lethal did a CMLL appearance in Costa Rica or Puerto Rico. If I were CMLL I'd be asking for some more than just two guys in six months.
Roque11

Post by Roque11 »

Remember when people claimed that War Machine were leaving for WWE? Well Kenny Omega said in his WOR interview that New Japan has War Machine. So ROH haters get it wrong yet again. There's still also O'Reilly who is working the same angle that Omega worked. Even those VOW guys have recently said that Kyle is scheduled for upcoming New Japan shows.
Roque11

Post by Roque11 »

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/kyle ... we-w463351

Yep, this sure sounds like someone who is confirmed to have left ROH and New Japan behind for WWE. LOL!

Also, this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPxf3j-jLvx/
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

some good quotes in that interview.

"I'm certainly not definitely done with Ring of Honor, but I'm just going to see what comes my way and remain optimistic"

"I'm sure if ROH would have come to me sooner with a contract that made sense, then maybe I would have stuck around. But we just really couldn't come to an agreement on terms"

"I do really cherish some concrete stability. It's been awesome wrestling exclusively for ROH and working just the one indy in PWG and then Japan. It's been enough for me. That's a lot on my plate as it is. Hustling indies? That's tough"

"There's some companies over in the UK that I'd love to work for like Progress Wrestling and Revolution Pro. In the states, EVOLVE of course is one I'd love to do"

"we may not be working together, but I think fans of reDRagon are going to be pleasantly surprised in the future."
rovert

Post by rovert »

He isn't legally allowed to talk to or about WWE until early March. He's keeping his options open and killing time.

^All things I've previously discussed here.

But keep trolling.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Would the WWE offer Kyle more money than ROH or NJPW ? Or would Kyle get one of these deals that pay $ 45, 000 and require you to move to Florida? Or will FLOSlam offer him a deal ? We shall see in March.
Brada

Post by Brada »

War Machine can definitely be successful in Japan. They could have a good run there.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

I see War Machine as guaranteed IWGP Tag Champs.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I think I agree with you there as well.
The Dragon Saga

Still don't see Kyle going to WWE.

War Machine aren't going to WWE.

And just to seem cocky, as I've said many times before, I don't see Adam Cole leaving ROH in 2017. He's out of shape, has been hurt or ill too many times in the last year, that issue with his face isn't going to help and the quality of his in-ring work has deteriorated a bit, most likely due to his injuries. Still plays a fantastic character and cuts great promos, but there are still signs for me that he isn't WWE bound this year.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

rovert wrote:He isn't legally allowed to talk to or about WWE until early March. He's keeping his options open and killing time.

But keep trolling.

trolling? the interview is real,keep posting mean tweets about sasha banks on twitter.
Roque11

Post by Roque11 »

Not only does Kyle talk like he isn't done with ROH, he makes even more clear that Japan is the place for him. It's like I say, he's a wrestler, not a sports entertainer. He even makes the crack about how WWE would have him play a nanny gimmick.

War Machine make it obvious that they want to do more in New Japan and that they love getting the opportunity to wrestle worldwide.
rovert

Post by rovert »

monster mafia wrote:
rovert wrote:He isn't legally allowed to talk to or about WWE until early March. He's keeping his options open and killing time.

But keep trolling.

trolling? the interview is real,keep posting mean tweets about sasha banks on twitter.
Terrible, poorly written reply.

You guys always question me but I am right 95% of the time.

People here couldn't be told that Kyle would be losing at Dome.
rovert

Post by rovert »

The Dragon Saga wrote: War Machine aren't going to WWE.

And just to seem cocky, as I've said many times before, I don't see Adam Cole leaving ROH in 2017.
You are very off base. I repeat myself over and over if I have to.

AGAIN there's a reason why ROH talent to WWE talk has dried up. They can't talk to WWE until early March.

AGAIN if talents were signing with ROH or New Japan it would have happened by now. Instead they are sitting in legal limbo until early March.

I am not anti-speculation. Just please use the established facts at hand.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I don't find this forum for my place to get official backstage scoops on the business.

Rovert, are you trying to be perceived as the guy that knows more than everyone here because you want to be thought of as the guy that has some form of inside connection with the company that a normal fan doesn't have?

I ask because you made comment that YOU are right 95% of the time.

Do you see your comments as being more valuable than anyone else's here?

Some of your posts come across to me as cold or condescending, that's why I ask.

If I am off base, then by all means tell me that and I will quickly apologize.
rovert

Post by rovert »

I take the time to read other poster's posts. I expect others to do the same.

I am not infallible but I've been right so far. It is tedious to outline the same information over and over.
Roque11

Post by Roque11 »

War Machine are going to wrestle in New Japan where they have the potential to become the next Doc and Gordy or Hansen and Brody. They're not going to go to WWE where they'd turn into the next Ascension.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Brada wrote:Do you see your comments as being more valuable than anyone else's here?

Some of your posts come across to me as cold or condescending, that's why I ask.
rovert wrote:I take the time to read other poster's posts. I expect others to do the same.

I am not infallible but I've been right so far. It is tedious to outline the same information over and over.
I take it that the quietness on condescension is a bit of a form of self-acknowledgment, then.

In general, your reporting without revealing the source makes these less facts but more probabilities corroborated by your so-far-so-good precedent. People might be much more willing to openly read you if you didn’t resort to namecalling or shouty syntax.

But I will once again concede that you write mostly good posts and that people would probably only gain from reading you seriously.

Regarding departures, the ones rumored seem to be very legitimately at the cusp of leaving. Just because Johnston/ROH sees anything other than wait-and-see as heretical doesn’t mean we have to.
The Dragon Saga

rovert wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote: War Machine aren't going to WWE.

And just to seem cocky, as I've said many times before, I don't see Adam Cole leaving ROH in 2017.
You are very off base. I repeat myself over and over if I have to.

AGAIN there's a reason why ROH talent to WWE talk has dried up. They can't talk to WWE until early March.

AGAIN if talents were signing with ROH or New Japan it would have happened by now. Instead they are sitting in legal limbo until early March.

I am not anti-speculation. Just please use the established facts at hand.
I'm not saying you're right or wrong, I was just stating how I'm reading the situations. Time will tell.
rovert

Post by rovert »

The Dragon Saga wrote: I'm not saying you're right or wrong, I was just stating how I'm reading the situations. Time will tell.
Cole was set to join NXT this time last year. But he badly injured himself so he re-signed with ROH as ROH were offering to pay him during his recovery. NXT wanted to put the NXT title instantly if he had signed that's what Meltzer reported. WWE was really high on him and still is. His main mentors Owens, Jacobs and Corino hold key positions in the company. There's been zero talk of Cole and ROH coming close to a deal. WWE has offered Cole offered a deal too good to refuse money wise. The ROH booking plans for him are playing out as I said they would months ago as posted on various places. I honestly don't know what you are reading.