ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
rovert1

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by rovert1 »

The Dragon Saga wrote:I saw this a couple hours ago.

Personally, I'd prefer if they didn't air it. Sydal is lucky to be working anywhere, but if he wants to work for Impact and ROH, I hope hes either made to make a choice or ROH tell him that they won't be doing business. Sydal's not Cody Rhodes who people actually pay to see and who has a decent sized fanbase. Sydal's almost three years out of the WWE. A good wrestler, but good enough to warrant special treatment.
That's pretty silly. He's one of the better wrestlers in the World and extremely well liked by other wrestlers.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

ROH trainee/WOH Wrestler Faye Jackson appeared on the EVOLVE show on Saturday accompanying Stokely Hathaway.

Not the actions of someone who is happy with ROH.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

rovert1 wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote:I saw this a couple hours ago.

Personally, I'd prefer if they didn't air it. Sydal is lucky to be working anywhere, but if he wants to work for Impact and ROH, I hope hes either made to make a choice or ROH tell him that they won't be doing business. Sydal's not Cody Rhodes who people actually pay to see and who has a decent sized fanbase. Sydal's almost three years out of the WWE. A good wrestler, but good enough to warrant special treatment.
That's pretty silly. He's one of the better wrestlers in the World and extremely well liked by other wrestlers.
He probably meant that because of the arrest and jail time in Japan. Yeah, major companies could be afraid of that now.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Sydal will never be as good as he once was though due to age and that major leg injury.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

rovert1 wrote:ROH trainee/WOH Wrestler Faye Jackson appeared on the EVOLVE show on Saturday accompanying Stokely Hathaway.

So she's doing the same thing Stokely did last year. That means she's leaving ROH.

Btw, Starr also worked last night with EVOLVE, that means that his work with ROH was just a one night thing?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

JTCole wrote:Sydal will never be as good as he once was though due to age and that major leg injury.
He's still serviceable.
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

AlexROH wrote:
rovert1 wrote:ROH trainee/WOH Wrestler Faye Jackson appeared on the EVOLVE show on Saturday accompanying Stokely Hathaway.

So she's doing the same thing Stokely did last year. That means she's leaving ROH.

Btw, Starr also worked last night with EVOLVE, that means that his work with ROH was just a one night thing?
Not sure, but he was quick to get on Twitter after his appearance at the TV tapings to let it be known he hadn't signed with ROH and was still a free agent. Thinking that using talent in the undercard and not locking them into contracts is going to become the norm for companies like ROH, Impact and EVOLVE. Talent like Sydal, Starr, Jackson and Brandi Lauren have appeared for multiple groups in the past month
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

starr is working tv tapings in philly..he is free agent so he can do whatever he want.

sydal same thing...free agent..idk why you guys are saying that roh need to cut him off tv.

faye jackson free agent too, but...who cares? really.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Starr is working both. There will be some others that have worked ROH in the past that will be working EVOLVE soon as well.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

monster mafia wrote:starr is working tv tapings in philly..he is free agent so he can do whatever he want.

sydal same thing...free agent..idk why you guys are saying that roh need to cut him off tv.

faye jackson free agent too, but...who cares? really.
My thoughts exactly.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Speaking of free agents, I thought Bobby Fish was going to be a free agent and continue to work ROH shows from time to time, but he isn't listed for any of their upcoming shows. Will they actually have him back on future shows?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Zhuge1 wrote:Speaking of free agents, I thought Bobby Fish was going to be a free agent and continue to work ROH shows from time to time, but he isn't listed for any of their upcoming shows. Will they actually have him back on future shows?
until he goes to wwe...i think yes..he will be still working for roh.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

http://www.pwponderings.com/2017/05/01/ ... -roh-more/

keith lee on why he chose Evolve over ROH:

“It was very difficult. ROH made an offer at the very end of 2016, not long after that, maybe a week then Evolve made an offer. I took probably around three weeks of thinking, chatting, talking, brainstorming, talking to mentors and whatnot, weighing pros and cons. Considering Shane of course, and in the end after talking to mentors, friends, family and whatnot, it just felt like Evolve’s interest was way, way more fitting in my interest. They were looking to give me a chance to showcase Keith Lee, and that’s all I wanted was a chance to deliver and to be something that can build a company, and I think that I’m doing that.”
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

monster mafia wrote:http://www.pwponderings.com/2017/05/01/ ... -roh-more/

keith lee on why he chose Evolve over ROH:

“It was very difficult. ROH made an offer at the very end of 2016, not long after that, maybe a week then Evolve made an offer. I took probably around three weeks of thinking, chatting, talking, brainstorming, talking to mentors and whatnot, weighing pros and cons. Considering Shane of course, and in the end after talking to mentors, friends, family and whatnot, it just felt like Evolve’s interest was way, way more fitting in my interest. They were looking to give me a chance to showcase Keith Lee, and that’s all I wanted was a chance to deliver and to be something that can build a company, and I think that I’m doing that.”
Well, EVOLVE wanted to push Lee as a singles wrestler and ROH wanted The Pretty Boy Killers as a team. I understand Keith's decission. However, I saw Lee as a future single star in ROH.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

It's almost like ROH completely sucks at this "creating new stars" thing or something.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I think Keith Lee could have been a great singles guy in ROH that would have offered a lot of fresh interesting matchups for him.
Big Red Machine

Brada wrote:I think Keith Lee could have been a great singles guy in ROH that would have offered a lot of fresh interesting matchups for him.
But so does EVOLVE.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Thelone wrote:It's almost like ROH completely sucks at this "creating new stars" thing or something.
Singles division in ROH was pretty stacked at the time, ROH needed new tag teams. Made sense to want to keep Keith and Shane together, especially after they had just shown a ton of improvement in previous matches.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Big Red Machine wrote:
Brada wrote:I think Keith Lee could have been a great singles guy in ROH that would have offered a lot of fresh interesting matchups for him.
But so does EVOLVE.
agreed. Some awesome matchups coming for him there as well.
Big Red Machine

Brada wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
But so does EVOLVE.
agreed. Some awesome matchups coming for him there as well.
I think, for Lee, it came down to getting the chance to be a singles star as opposed to a tag guy in a company full of great tag teams. PBK were pretty limited in the heights they would be allowed to rise to by the presence of the Young Bucks as top heels, Briscoes as top babyfaces, and so many other talented teams running around.