ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BurningHammer

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by BurningHammer »

I do find it funny that AEW is the promotion of the people, maybe the woke ideal and sign Lethal, while Effy is about to debut in ROH.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

BurningHammer wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:40 am I do find it funny that AEW is the promotion of the people, maybe the woke ideal and sign Lethal, while Effy is about to debut in ROH.
Nothing funny. Quite a few people not very happy about both people being in each place. Which ultimately I think everyone should work where they get paid and treated well unless the person is a bad person.
Captain Podcast
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

I don't know, I feel like AEW would be ok with Lethal making an appearance at Final Battle. He doesn't have to wrestle, maybe just stay in Gresham's corner during his match or something like that.

Either way good for Lethal regardless of what happens with RoH. He has done it all and I think that unlike Briscoes he was not really able to find new things to do and was basically spinning wheels for last couple of years.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Lethal leaving unfortunately derails whatever storyline they were setting up between The Righteous and The Foundation. But the hiatus basically blew everything out of the water anyways, so it's not as if it matters that much. A week ago they set it up to look as if Rhett Titus was unhappy with his teammates since they didn't help him out. This week's episode set up the seed of doubt with The Righteous. Who knows what they will have in place for Final Battle at this point if more people leave over the next couple of weeks.
AnHonorableMention

Jay said it himself, he won't be at Final Battle. Stop this mystical thought of wrestlers giving a fuck where they work when there's a place to be paid more elsewhere.
Captain Podcast
Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

Zhuge1 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:05 pm Lethal leaving unfortunately derails whatever storyline they were setting up between The Righteous and The Foundation. But the hiatus basically blew everything out of the water anyways, so it's not as if it matters that much. A week ago they set it up to look as if Rhett Titus was unhappy with his teammates since they didn't help him out. This week's episode set up the seed of doubt with The Righteous. Who knows what they will have in place for Final Battle at this point if more people leave over the next couple of weeks.
Gresham tweeted that "the war ends" w/ the Brody match from Honor for All. Might be him spinning it since he knew Lethal was leaving, but ostensibly means Foundation/VU feud is finished.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Wavelet Transform wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:24 pm
Zhuge1 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:05 pm Lethal leaving unfortunately derails whatever storyline they were setting up between The Righteous and The Foundation. But the hiatus basically blew everything out of the water anyways, so it's not as if it matters that much. A week ago they set it up to look as if Rhett Titus was unhappy with his teammates since they didn't help him out. This week's episode set up the seed of doubt with The Righteous. Who knows what they will have in place for Final Battle at this point if more people leave over the next couple of weeks.
Gresham tweeted that "the war ends" w/ the Brody match from Honor for All. Might be him spinning it since he knew Lethal was leaving, but ostensibly means Foundation/VU feud is finished.
That makes sense, but I was referring to the storyline they had been setting up the last two weeks (on television) between The Righteous (Vincent's group) and The Foundation. They seemed to hinting at Vincent attempting to recruit Lethal.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:43 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:40 am I do find it funny that AEW is the promotion of the people, maybe the woke ideal and sign Lethal, while Effy is about to debut in ROH.
Nothing funny. Quite a few people not very happy about both people being in each place. Which ultimately I think everyone should work where they get paid and treated well unless the person is a bad person.
Why would anyone be unhappy with Effy in ROH, I realise he has said in the past he never would but really he is someone that could mean a huge amount to the industry being in ROH. He also seems an alright guy too.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:15 pm Jay said it himself, he won't be at Final Battle. Stop this mystical thought of wrestlers giving a fuck where they work when there's a place to be paid more elsewhere.
Though i think hes not coming to Fibal Battle, lets pretend these instances( wrestlers says hes not showing up at a show ) have never been a swerve.

Honestly Jay never fit the Foundation imo. Neither does Rhett.

Gresham, Tracy, Rust, and Ridegeway should be the Foundation
AnHonorableMention

indyfan wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:58 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:15 pm Jay said it himself, he won't be at Final Battle. Stop this mystical thought of wrestlers giving a fuck where they work when there's a place to be paid more elsewhere.
Though i think hes not coming to Fibal Battle, lets pretend these instances( wrestlers says hes not showing up at a show ) have never been a swerve.

Honestly Jay never fit the Foundation imo. Neither does Rhett.

Gresham, Tracy, Rust, and Ridegeway should be the Foundation
He’s not coming why even harp on it. The scrums aren’t a work.

Ridgeway is uk based so throw that idea out. If anyone was the foundation of ROH it’s Rhett. Lastly rust ran off to wwe as fast as he could.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

BurningHammer wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:31 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:43 pm
Why would anyone be unhappy with Effy in ROH, I realise he has said in the past he never would but really he is someone that could mean a huge amount to the industry being in ROH. He also seems an alright guy too.

I don’t know Effy or recall seeing him in person, maybe once but I may be wrong. I do know some people feel his character doesn’t fit ROH and I think that’s up to the individual. No issues with Effy here but let’s also not pretend there will be an ROH for Effy to work in.
Captain Podcast
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

My take on the Lethal/Hendrix situation

I actually believe both of them, I believe the situation with how she stopped being used made her feel like it was because she turned Jay down but I can also believe that had nothing to do with the reason for her ROH departure.
My take: Lethal shot his shot with her around the same time the House of Truth disbanded and Taeler turned him down. Next thing she knows, Ring of Honor decides to go in another direction with Lethal's character and the services of her and Truth Martini are no longer needed so ROH ceases to use them. Taeler with her recent interaction with Jay and Jay being one of the ROH top guys, she feels as he pulled strings to get her removed for turning him down but really it was an office decision and he had no say in the decision.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

dhads7161 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:50 am My take on the Lethal/Hendrix situation

I actually believe both of them, I believe the situation with how she stopped being used made her feel like it was because she turned Jay down but I can also believe that had nothing to do with the reason for her ROH departure.
My take: Lethal shot his shot with her around the same time the House of Truth disbanded and Taeler turned him down. Next thing she knows, Ring of Honor decides to go in another direction with Lethal's character and the services of her and Truth Martini are no longer needed so ROH ceases to use them. Taeler with her recent interaction with Jay and Jay being one of the ROH top guys, she feels as he pulled strings to get her removed for turning him down but really it was an office decision and he had no say in the decision.
When people get let go, they will usually try to take someone else down with them or blame someone else.
AnHonorableMention

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:49 am
dhads7161 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:50 am My take on the Lethal/Hendrix situation

When people get let go, they will usually try to take someone else down with them or blame someone else.
The timing of this stupid and ignorant thought doesn't add up.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Ken dixon at the tapings for aew
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Fightful Select has learned that legendary Ring of Honor tag team are slated to be backstage at tonight's episode of AEW Dynamite in Norfolk, Virignia. We can't confirm that they'll be on the show or even come into AEW, and one source claimed that they were to be there visiting. The brothers live less than three hours away in Maryland, and the trip is about 150 miles with a shot through the Chesepeake Bay bridge tunnel.

Briscoes have long worked for Ring of Honor Wrestling, but the company is in an uncertain period as all wrestlers were released from the company effective at either the end of 2021 (if their deals are through the year) or March 31, 2022 if the deals extend beyond that. ROH has also been working with talent to release them early if desired. Jay Lethal exercised that option and joined AEW this past weekend.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:17 pm Ken dixon at the tapings for aew
Big loss if true!!
Montana

Post by Montana »

Looks like PCO has signed with Impact officially , and is allowed to work indies as long as it doesn't interfere with impact tapings.

Brody King supposedly signed with AEW a while ago.
AnHonorableMention

Montana wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:05 am Looks like PCO has signed with Impact officially , and is allowed to work indies as long as it doesn't interfere with impact tapings.

Brody King supposedly signed with AEW a while ago.
Indies without television, yes.
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

gonna miss brodie.