ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by monster mafia »

good luck to bobby fish...he is awesome.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Regarding War Machine, since they’ve been asked about a lot this week with Bobby Fish showing up in NXT and others like Kyle O’Reilly and Adam Cole expected to follow, they are free agents right now. They were on the PPV in the tag title match, although they weren’t the ones who lost the fall. But they lost to the Motor City Machine Guns in their only match at the TV tapings. They are still working New Japan at this point. Regarding their future, the way it’s been described to me is that they are in the drivers’ seat right now
Bobby Fish was the first of the recent ROH guys to start here, at the 6/23 NXT tapings. At the beginning of the year, Fish, Kyle O’Reilly, Donovan Dijak were all going to start here and it was pretty much expected that Adam Cole would follow when his contract expired. Due to legal threats, where the ones getting screwed unfortunately was the talent, WWE backed off on everyone for months. O’Reilly, who had already given notice to ROH and New Japan ended up screwed the most. Fish kept wrestling with ROH, signed a short-term deal, and when that ran out, continued to work there, but was obviously in a position where they weren’t going to push him past a certain level. What’s notable is Fish debuted on NXT and the first thing they did with him was have him put over Aleister Black
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I don't see much coming of Fish in his NXT run. At best they'll realize he's extremely charismatic and use him in a speaking role, as a manager or an announcer or something, but his age is a big issue and unlike Daniels, Fish shows his age. Worst case scenario is that this NXT run doesn't go to plan and he's back out on the indies, in which case ROH will need to decide whether to use him or not.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:33 am I don't see much coming of Fish in his NXT run. At best they'll realize he's extremely charismatic and use him in a speaking role, as a manager or an announcer or something, but his age is a big issue and unlike Daniels, Fish shows his age. Worst case scenario is that this NXT run doesn't go to plan and he's back out on the indies, in which case ROH will need to decide whether to use him or not.
He'll do the same as Hero: Strong name, will do some matches, will put some other talents over and he'll be a Special part of the Performance Center teaching younger wrestlers.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:33 am I don't see much coming of Fish in his NXT run. At best they'll realize he's extremely charismatic and use him in a speaking role, as a manager or an announcer or something, but his age is a big issue and unlike Daniels, Fish shows his age. Worst case scenario is that this NXT run doesn't go to plan and he's back out on the indies, in which case ROH will need to decide whether to use him or not.
Bobby is like 10 years younger than Daniels. How does he show his age ?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Zhuge1 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:44 am
Bobby is like 10 years younger than Daniels. How does he show his age ?
Yeah. I don't see it, either.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Also, can I just add that if I could do what Fish or Daniels do at their respective ages... I've been blessed.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

When I look at Bobby and you tell me he's 37, I believe it. He looks his age if not somewhat older. I know he keeps fit and his athletic and does Crossfit, etc, which is all cool and dandy, but his physique has been gradually dropping off to me and it has been visible for the last year or so in ROH.

When you tell me Daniels is 47, I don't believe it, because he doesn't look it. He looks like he's not a day over 40. Daniels has aged magnificently while I don't think Bobby will. It does help however that Bobby started late, hasn't taken half the amount of bumps most with his experience would have and that working exclusively for ROH he hasn't had a full-time schedule over the last couple years. He'll hold up, but, I don't know. I just hope it goes well for him and that he doesn't end up back on the indies after making a few dollars working NXT and that ROH would be in a position to bring him back, if they wanted to.
Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:25 pm When I look at Bobby and you tell me he's 37, I believe it. He looks his age if not somewhat older. I know he keeps fit and his athletic and does Crossfit, etc, which is all cool and dandy, but his physique has been gradually dropping off to me and it has been visible for the last year or so in ROH.

When you tell me Daniels is 47, I don't believe it, because he doesn't look it. He looks like he's not a day over 40. Daniels has aged magnificently while I don't think Bobby will. It does help however that Bobby started late, hasn't taken half the amount of bumps most with his experience would have and that working exclusively for ROH he hasn't had a full-time schedule over the last couple years. He'll hold up, but, I don't know. I just hope it goes well for him and that he doesn't end up back on the indies after making a few dollars working NXT and that ROH would be in a position to bring him back, if they wanted to.
Daniels looks like he's 50+ actually. The bald head doesn't help him at all.
Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer »

cgstong wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:17 pm Also, can I just add that if I could do what Fish or Daniels do at their respective ages... I've been blessed.
When I was 37, I could do what Fish does. Hell, at age 43 I could do the same things. At age 47, I can't anymore. Fish keeps himself in great shape and even keeps up with the popular hairstyles of today.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:25 pm When I look at Bobby and you tell me he's 37, I believe it. He looks his age if not somewhat older. I know he keeps fit and his athletic and does Crossfit, etc, which is all cool and dandy, but his physique has been gradually dropping off to me and it has been visible for the last year or so in ROH.

If I were just guessing based on looks alone (before going and checking), I would have assumed Daniels was around 45 and Fish was somewhere between 36 and 40. Both guys are in great shape. I think Bobby looks a bit older because of the facial hair.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Buzz Sawyer wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:01 am
cgstong wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:17 pm Also, can I just add that if I could do what Fish or Daniels do at their respective ages... I've been blessed.
When I was 37, I could do what Fish does. Hell, at age 43 I could do the same things. At age 47, I can't anymore. Fish keeps himself in great shape and even keeps up with the popular hairstyles of today.
I thought this was the perfect summation for quite possibly the weirdest fucking topic this forum has seen in some time. And it was funny too.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:00 pm
I thought this was the perfect summation for quite possibly the weirdest fucking topic this forum has seen in some time. And it was funny too.
Haha, right, right. Now we just have to wait for the ROHbots to appear from the woodwork to say that their ages are a work.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

PWInsider:
Former CZW champion and ROH star Lio Rush announced during tonight's CZW event that he would make a final appearance for Combat Zone Wrestling on 8/5 against Joey Janella in Voorhees, NJ. The word going around backstage at CZW is that Rush was in Orlando earlier this week at the WWE Performance Center and has been offered an NXT deal.

Rush, 22, was originally trained at the MCW school in Baltimore (his first tag team partner was current NXT talent "Velveteen Dream" Patrick Clark) and was under contract to ROH from 2015-2017 before exiting the promotion.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Wilson wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:57 am
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:00 pm

Haha, right, right. Now we just have to wait for the ROHbots to appear from the woodwork to say that their ages are a work.
I'm a Christopher Daniels birther. I need to see his birth certificate before I believe he's in his mid-40's. Otherwise I believe he is 25.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

good luck to lio rush and his 3-5 minutes matches on 205 live!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

monster mafia wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:44 am good luck to lio rush and his 3-5 minutes matches on 205 live!
I am not one to shit on a guy trying to fulfill his dream job like Lio Rush is, but this is gonna be a fucking disaster. Vince will eat vomit for the IRS before Lio Rush even smells Braun Strowman's jock strap.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

King of Indy Style wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:27 pm I'm a Christopher Daniels birther. I need to see his birth certificate before I believe he's in his mid-40's. Otherwise I believe he is 25.
Too soon, KOIS.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:05 pm I am not one to shit on a guy trying to fulfill his dream job like Lio Rush is, but this is gonna be a fucking disaster. Vince will eat vomit for the IRS before Lio Rush even smells Braun Strowman's jock strap.
It’s worth keeping in mind that Rush has a young child. Security to him is probably more important than the state of 205 or his place in NXT. He’s still young enough that if he did flounder for years in a system that wouldn’t utilize him, he could still easily carve out a secondary phase of his career anywhere else, still with great mileage.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Wilson wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:24 am
King of Indy Style wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:27 pm I'm a Christopher Daniels birther. I need to see his birth certificate before I believe he's in his mid-40's. Otherwise I believe he is 25.
Too soon, KOIS.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:05 pm I am not one to shit on a guy trying to fulfill his dream job like Lio Rush is, but this is gonna be a fucking disaster. Vince will eat vomit for the IRS before Lio Rush even smells Braun Strowman's jock strap.
It’s worth keeping in mind that Rush has a young child. Security to him is probably more important than the state of 205 or his place in NXT. He’s still young enough that if he did flounder for years in a system that wouldn’t utilize him, he could still easily carve out a secondary phase of his career anywhere else, still with great mileage.
Agreed. Security and having a child changes things. Even if he does flounder in WWE, it's financial security that can't be matched on the indie scene.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Kevin Kelly just posted this on Twitter:

"To focus on @njpw1972 as well as new opportunities, I will no longer announce for @ringofhonor. Thanks to all whom made last 7 yrs so fun!"

I know he was "only" doing PPVs and post-PPVs tapings this year, but I really loved his work and experience commentating. Despite liking Cabana and Riccabonni's work, I miss the Corino/Kelly duo.