ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by AlexROH »

We all agree that the problem in ROH is Koff/Delirious. Me just said, only a phew guys, that we don't like WWE product but we understand and respect people who think the opposite way.

Rovert, I think you are a great user here, but I don't know why the hell you disrespect everyones opinion if we think different from you. Yeah, I don't like WWE and I think their product sucks, what's the fucking problem? Not everybody have to love watching the same company.

We are not idiots if we don't like WWE. The funny thing here is that we all write long posts explanning why we like/dislike a thing. In a good way, not disrespcting someone's opinion. In the other hand, you just post things like "with this I stopped reading" or "how do we expect our opinióm to be taken seriously". Man, that behaviour sucks.

Other thing that annoys me a lot is you always laughing At everybody. You always treat us fanboys that never talk bad about ROH... We are always critical with the product in a constructive way because we all fell in love with this company some time ago and because we all think this forum is a great placer to discuss things and have fun.

Please, change or stop posting here. You only come for two things:

1. To tell us insider things, which is Great. But expecting everyone to tell you show Great you are lol.

2. Disrespect everybody's opinion and tell us how irracional we are and how this place is TNA Mecca.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I look at Delirious as I would a baseball manager or a football or basketball coach/general manager. They don't give two shits about their teams financial status or income trends.

Their job is to work under specific budget constraints. Put the absolute best team on the field or in this case in the ring with the allotted money they have to spend.

I would presume it works in the following way. Delirious goes to the office and says, "I want to bring in wrestler X and wrestler Y."

The office does their due diligence in regards to what it would cost to bring in wrestler X and wrestler Y, and gives him the yay or nay.

If it's a nay, then go to plan B and see about bringing in the next 2 choices.

My point here is in this process, Delirious shouldn't concern himself with attendance, gate figures, PPV revenues, or any other company financials other than how it affects the overall booking budget from the standpoint of talent recruitment.

In those regards, IN MY OPINION, there have been some questionable decisions made as of late.

I'm not trying to hate on the product. Like some of you posted, the company grabbed my attention as a fan many years ago. From that, I was able to have many memorable moments watching shows as a fan, memorable moments hanging out and building friendships with the talent that I was in awe of in the ring, and great times with life long friends that centered around ROH. For those reasons, it would be hard pressed for me not to stay a ROH lifer.

I also agree that it takes one hot story line to get things going again. I just wanted someone to get the creative juices flowing and give us something to latch on to.

Jay Briscoe hanging upside down bleeding all over Jimmy Jacobs as Age of the Fall were introduced, CM Punk signing his WWE deal on the ROH title and telling everyone he was taking it with him, the Danielson/McGuinness wars, ROH/CZW saga, there have been many moments that are unforgettable.

It is just time for another one.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

indyfan wrote:Just want to jump in here.

I agree with Supersonic. My ROH Fandom is exactly like his. I was tired of what WWE was doing in 2006.

Fast forward to today and I feel that way about ROH. I love ROH but I find it hard to get behind them.

On other wrestling forums, ROH is laughed at. Evolve is praised. Hating on WWE in 2017 is funny and sad because what they offer is a steal. They put on great matches on every ppv. And have amazing stuff like CWC.

I just recently finished All Star Extravaganza 2015 that had a 14 min ppv main event. I'm struggling to finish up 2015 and from what I hear 2016 isn't anything to care about.

Blaming WWE is ridiculous. It's ROHS fault and Gabes fault for splitting the indy scene. Difference is Gabe has a much better eye for for talent.

Another thing worth pointing out is how much better guys are outside of ROH. Guys are slugging along in ROH and tearing it up in PWG.

ROHS glory is in 2003-end 2009 and then again in 2010. I enjoyed stuff in 2014 and 2015 as well.

I will always have a soft spot for ROH. They need to change bookers quick and stop letting guys go to Evolve.

I will continue to support and defend them but let's be reasonable here. They are dropping the ball
Lump me in with this guy and supersonic. My viewing interest in the WWE/F ended for the most part in...1992. Around the time Flair won the Royal Rumble and subsequently lost it to Savage at WrestleMania 8. Yep even the Attiitude Era didn't catch my attention as I thought it was just a homogenized knockoff of ECW. Having said that, for the past few years or so I find myself watching the product more and more. The reason being that the workrate is so much better nowadays all across the board. In large part because of the former ROH/indie guys and women. AJ Styles is pretty much on a different fucking planet then everyone else and his WWE matches have been really good to exceptional. Combine him with the renaissance of Samoa Joe, Rollins, Owens, Nakamura, Strong, etc., and the product is really good.

I have no love lost for the McMahons. Can't stand them. But I am not going to deprive myself of good wrestling because of the guy in charge. If that was the case I wouldn't be watching ROH because of the Koff/Delirious regime.
Last edited by Mr. Mojo Risin on Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

WWE is improving but the same problems as always are still there, and no matter how much talent they amass they never let their talent (except John Cena) be the best possible version of themselves.

Look at the Steen/Generico feud in ROH/PWG and compare it to the Owens/Zayn feud in WWE. Both feuds had a ton of enjoyable matches, but the WWE's environment is just too sterile.

By the same token, I'll take Styles/Nakamura from Wrestle Kingdom 10 over anything and everything they've done in WWE so far.

AJ Styles is fantastic no matter where he is or what he does, but I'd still rather see him untethered if given the choice.
rovert

Post by rovert »

AlexROH wrote:We all agree that the problem in ROH is Koff/Delirious. Me just said, only a phew guys, that we don't like WWE product but we understand and respect people who think the opposite way.

Rovert, I think you are a great user here, but I don't know why the hell you disrespect everyones opinion if we think different from you. Yeah, I don't like WWE and I think their product sucks, what's the fucking problem? Not everybody have to love watching the same company.

We are not idiots if we don't like WWE. The funny thing here is that we all write long posts explanning why we like/dislike a thing. In a good way, not disrespcting someone's opinion. In the other hand, you just post things like "with this I stopped reading" or "how do we expect our opinióm to be taken seriously". Man, that behaviour sucks.

Other thing that annoys me a lot is you always laughing At everybody. You always treat us fanboys that never talk bad about ROH... We are always critical with the product in a constructive way because we all fell in love with this company some time ago and because we all think this forum is a great placer to discuss things and have fun.

Please, change or stop posting here. You only come for two things:

1. To tell us insider things, which is Great. But expecting everyone to tell you show Great you are lol.

2. Disrespect everybody's opinion and tell us how irracional we are and how this place is TNA Mecca.
Obviously people are entitled to their opinion or to have a preference. My issue is how the opinion is formed. How is AJ Styles vs Cena or Owens vs Reigns greatly different or worse than pick a ROH match?

The contrast between WWE and ROH has never been closer. ROH has influenced the WWE product greatly the last decade. While ROH has gotten more sports entertainment. Memphis Mark is acting like WWE is 1995 WWF standard. That IS nonsense. If the 205 multi man from this week happened somewhere else King of Indie Style would praise it.

It is all Wrestling to me.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Donovan Dijak..class act.

Brada

Post by Brada »

very cool. Wish Dijak nothing but the best.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

I liked Dijak in the ring. Wish him best.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

It's a great move by him and hopefully it means there isn't too much bad blood it's just the situation of Dijak wanting to be able to wrestle for Beyond and WWE sooner rather than later.

I hope he genuinely does feel that way, because despite where he is now and what ROH has done with him, he still like said wasn't much and they gave him the biggest platform he had ever been on has been on so far.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I thought Dijak has improved through his time in ROH.
rovert

Post by rovert »

Lio Rush is joining EVOLVE full time:

https://www.facebook.com/BookItGabe/pos ... 9360200311
Brada

Post by Brada »

already taken down...
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

rovert wrote:Lio Rush is joining EVOLVE full time:

you have a review of the ppv,you see it? was bad or good?
rovert

Post by rovert »

Brada wrote:already taken down...
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

rovert wrote:
Brada wrote:already taken down...
Don't blame Gabe one bit for boasting about this. He has his cards totally stacked.
Last edited by Mr. Mojo Risin on Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
rovert

Post by rovert »

monster mafia wrote:
rovert wrote:Lio Rush is joining EVOLVE full time:

you have a review of the ppv,you see it? was bad or good?
When you write an actual sentence or once admit to being wrong when you dispute me.

This isn't the thread for PPV reviews. Also you stalk my Twitter you know I live tweeted and enjoyed it.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

you dont talk about wreslting...never..you need the praise of the people for your scoops and that stuff, also you have a fantasy rivalry with meltzer,but anyway.

a big shame if rush leaves but that cant be a surprise if you saw the recent events. :cry:

very smart gabe putting that after an amazing ppv of roh.
Last edited by monster mafia on Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Fuckkkkk, Lío Rush is leaving? I thought he was booked for SCOH. Man, I love Gabe but he really wants to see his EVOLVE destroy ROH bc they fired him.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Sucks about Rush. That dude was awesome. Though as long as I get to still see him in PWG I'll be fine.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

AlexROH wrote:Fuckkkkk, Lío Rush is leaving? I thought he was booked for SCOH. Man, I love Gabe but he really wants to see his EVOLVE destroy ROH bc they fired him.
Really isn't that much work when ROH is giving him every weapon imaginable and the perfect alibi.

Now let's see how long it will take for Scurll to leave. I mean, he still has to wrestle someone who isn't on his way out (Dijak, Rush) or some outside jobber (Dutt, Robinson, Lee, Ospreay).
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.