ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by famicommander »

That's a better fit for him anyway.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

famicommander wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:16 am That's a better fit for him anyway.
Same people who hate him now will be going crazy about his GCW matches even tho they'll be the same fucking things he did in ROH.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Shanahan wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:37 am
famicommander wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:16 am That's a better fit for him anyway.
Same people who hate him now will be going crazy about his GCW matches even tho they'll be the same fucking things he did in ROH.
When I saw he was going to do 40 dates for GCW I giggled and rolled my eyes. That's a very poor investment.
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:28 pm
When I saw he was going to do 40 dates for GCW I giggled and rolled my eyes. That's a very poor investment.
More power to him for getting consistent work in his mid 50's but I hope he is booked in mostly 6 way's where his skill set is best suited for.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Figthful thinks pco heading to impact
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Shanahan wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:08 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:56 pm
DougN wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:51 pm

I think Danhausen is probably the extent of gimmicky ROH should get away with because there's no extra suspension of disbelief needed for his character, unlike a PCO.
Yeah agreed, especially as he is such a fan favourite, there is a lot more upside to him than say Sledge and PCO who are on the wrong side of thirty and have shown little progression throughout their time in ROH.

I think ROH has it right when they do stuff like DR Black and Coleman’s pulpit, it’s lighthearted enough but creates charachter depth and interaction.
That 30 sec skit with Flip & Black was funnier than anything on BTE in last 6 months.
I think if you want to rehabilitate both to an audience considering their past and general lives then it’s a good start for them. I don’t know if Flip will ever be see as a racist, COVID denier but it may at least soften him to the wrestling world.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

GCW will just make an example of his recklessness which for them works really well, for ROH it looks tremendously out of place now. There can be a serious amount of professionalism in ROH both in and out of the ring but PCO, Sledge and a couple of others are glaring examples that stand as being sub par for ROH.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

KL_ wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:41 pmLet's add the fact that RUSH got the ROH World title back from PCO when Marty Scurll became the head booker. I wonder what would happen if it was still Delirious that day.
I always assumed that PCO winning the title and Marty becoming the booker was part of the same deal. Well obviously it wasn't written in Marty's contract that PCO will become champ, but that RoH were trying to please Marty and his guys in VE.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Ospreay is heading to MLW soon. it would be cool if he stopped by ROH too
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Fuck Ospreay. He did nothing of value in his last ROH run and then he revealed himself to be a giant moron shitbag.
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:09 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:28 pm

More power to him for getting consistent work in his mid 50's but I hope he is booked in mostly 6 way's where his skill set is best suited for.
Yeah certainly don't want my views on him as a wrestler to reflect by all words the person PCO is. Wish him the best.
Captain Podcast
DougN

Post by DougN »

Good for him for getting work this late in his career.

But I have no interest in watching him at all, even in a multi-man tag match.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

I like PCO. I thought the Quebecers were under-rated, and after his jacket stealing/match with Bret Hart I honestly thought he was going to be something big. I was excited when he and Jacques resurfaced in WCW. When I heard rumblings about him resurfacing and making waves a few years back, I actively sought him out which is well outside the norm for me as I do not deep follow indie wrestling any longer. I was excited when he came into ROH, but his team with Brody was somehow underwhelming when it should have been a modern Doc & Gordy scenario and then he has continuously evolved into this 1980's WWF comedy thing that I've grown to actively dislike. I think he dragged down the 6-man on TV recently.

Sledge I think is perfectly fine because he hasn't been featured as a main player and he can enhance the undercard.
DougN

Post by DougN »

I don't mind comedy and gimmick wrestlers, but they shouldn't be main event regulars and NEVER should they be the top champ.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Lawlor leaving MLW. I hope he stays with NJPW & also works ROH in 2022. Team Filthy vs STP would be fun.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Not a fan of Lawlor but respect his dedication to pro-wrestling. That being said, hope he stays with NJPW which will probably happen since he's the STRONG champion.

Like to see a limited talent exchange between ROH & NJPWofAmerica. Both pre-record their television programs & can help each other build up their products ... Without interfering with long-term goals & wrestlers' development.

P.S. G1 Climax 31 Finals surprise match ... ZSJ vs. Shibata 5 minutes exhibition match under UWF rules.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

LETHAL: ALL ELITE
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

That was hard for me to watch. I figured it would happen considering he wasn't on poster for FB
AnHonorableMention

lol and people act like lethal never worked anywhere else besides ROH. Another guy that gets modern wrestling and has experience. No downside to that.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Shanahan wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:24 pm That was hard for me to watch. I figured it would happen considering he wasn't on poster for FB
Already has aew shirt