ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

From Biff Busick (Now Oney Lorcan):
@_StarDESTROYER 8h8 hours ago
I'm waiting for you @roderickstrong
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

OK Lorcan I can get behind as a name, it's Irish for "little fierce one"' but drop Oney please.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote: What "other business venture"?
He's going to school and hanging out in 5 frats.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

BUT GUYZ, IF MOOSE LEAVES, WE MIGHT ALSO LOSE THE VALUABLE TALENTS OF STOKELY HALFWEIGHT.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Sardonic Artery wrote:BUT GUYZ, IF MOOSE LEAVES, WE MIGHT ALSO LOSE THE VALUABLE TALENTS OF STOKELY HALFWEIGHT.
... I really like Stokely Hathaway?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I like Big Stoke too. Wish they had him cut promos more because he's really well spoken and if used more, could probably get a lot of heat.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Stoke called Timothy Thatcher a "fake British person" last Evolve so he's OK in my book.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I see major money in Saxton or Hathaway as prima donna super athlete Jason Jordan's on-screen agent mouthpiece.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

It's kind of surprising that they're telling us this the right before the PPV. Seems to me like it'd be better to try to sign Roddy to one more date (like the Baltimore show on 7/8 which he is already on the poster for) where you can do a proper goodbye show without the booking constraints (i.e. who gets to be in the main event) or the time constraints of TV or PPV.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

DO NOT CLICK ON LINK UNLESS YOU'RE ON A PRIVATE COMPUTER AND HAVE POP-UP BLOCKERS. YOU WILL STILL SEE SMUT ADS SINCE DAVE SCHERER AND MIKE JOHNSON ARE SCUMBAG MOTHERFUCKERS.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/102905 ... r.html?p=1
Mike Johnson wrote:Former ROH champion Roderick Strong will be finishing up with ROH this weekend. His final scheduled appearance for the company will be at this Saturday's TV taping in North Carolina. Strong, 32, has held every ROH championship over the course of his run with the company and with the exception of The Briscoes, was the longest tenured talent in the company. He initially debuted for the company in 2003 during the Murphy Rec era after breaking out on the Florida independent scene and as part of Generation Next, was an important part of the company's resurgence in 2004. Strong was so loyal to ROH that when he was also working for TNA at the same time and was ordered by TNA to leave a ROH event to avoid a blizzard that was to hit NYC the night before a TNA PPV in Orlando in 2006, Strong still wrestled on the ROH event and arrived late due to the weather - leading to TNA suspending him and eventually playing a role in his departure from the company. Strong morphed into one of the best in-ring performers in the world over the course of his ROH run and was coined "Mr. ROH" for his role in the company. Over the past several years, he really found himself and was able to bring out his personality in a major way. He leaves a hell of a legacy behind and was pretty much a guaranteed great match any time he was on a big event. In many ways, he was the ROH measuring stick for many years and will absolutely be missed. His ROH deal expires this month. He will face Mark Briscoe at the Best in the World PPV Friday and Dalton Castle at the ROH TV Taping on Saturday 6/25 in Concord, NC.

It also appears that Quinn Ojinnaka aka Moose, 32, will be also finishing up this summer. We have heard from multiple sources that Moose has relayed he is finishing up with the company at the end of August. Moose, who was backstage at WWE NXT Takeover, is believed to be on the WWE radar. He's has tryouts for WWE in the past. He debuted with ROH in 2014 after a successful professional football career in the NFL.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
With Moose and Roderick Strong’s contracts both expiring, neither has signed a new deal and ROH is going with the idea that both are leaving. It doesn’t take much to connect the dots regarding Moose, whose contract expired on 6/19 and is expected to work through around the end of July here. He is expected to undergo medicals and if he passes, then be offered a WWE contract and debut as part of what WWE is looking for as a major September newcomer class. Regarding Strong, he’s kept quiet about his next move but his departure is imminent

In reports regarding different talent such as Tommy End and Big Damo mentioned last week and WWE deals or Moose and the strong rumors. None of these wrestlers have technically been offered contracts. Moose’s contract with ROH technically expired this past week although he’s still working the PPV on Friday. But in all cases of people mentioned, the protocol is they are contacted and then have to go through a battery of medical tests. If they pass those tests, then they will be offered a contract. So nobody is signed, but the names mentioned are all expected t be undergoing their medicals shortly
Brada

Post by Brada »

I stand corrected. Man was I wrong. Sad to see Roddy go.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/06 ... -raw-draft
Justin Barrasso wrote:Dean Ambrose’s title reign is a monumental shift in the direction of professional wrestling.

Unlike a flurry of former WWE champions–most notably Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk–Ambrose does not have a Ring of Honor pedigree. He competed there briefly in 2007, wrestling two dark matches, but Ambrose is a proud disciple of Gabe Sapolsky.

Sapolsky was the original booker in Ring of Honor, but the company cut ties in 2008. He then reinvented himself with Dragon Gate USA and EVOLVE, and Ambrose is his greatest success story. Sapolsky also worked closely with Daniel Bryan, but Bryan was already a much bigger name than Ambrose on the independents when he connected with Sapolsky.

Ten of ROH’s twenty-two world champions–Rollins, Bryan, Punk, Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries (two title reigns), Low Ki, Jerry Lynn, and Jamie Noble–have competed on WWE’s main roster, but the route to the WWE has changed. Sapolsky’s EVOLVE is viewed by many in the business as the premiere breeding ground for NXT and WWE.

Ambrose’s title reign validates Sapolsky and EVOLVE, and shows that the avenues to WWE from the indies is quickly changing.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

supersonic wrote:http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/06 ... -raw-draft
Justin Barrasso wrote:Dean Ambrose’s title reign is a monumental shift in the direction of professional wrestling.

Unlike a flurry of former WWE champions–most notably Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk–Ambrose does not have a Ring of Honor pedigree. He competed there briefly in 2007, wrestling two dark matches, but Ambrose is a proud disciple of Gabe Sapolsky.

Sapolsky was the original booker in Ring of Honor, but the company cut ties in 2008. He then reinvented himself with Dragon Gate USA and EVOLVE, and Ambrose is his greatest success story. Sapolsky also worked closely with Daniel Bryan, but Bryan was already a much bigger name than Ambrose on the independents when he connected with Sapolsky.

Ten of ROH’s twenty-two world champions–Rollins, Bryan, Punk, Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries (two title reigns), Low Ki, Jerry Lynn, and Jamie Noble–have competed on WWE’s main roster, but the route to the WWE has changed. Sapolsky’s EVOLVE is viewed by many in the business as the premiere breeding ground for NXT and WWE.

Ambrose’s title reign validates Sapolsky and EVOLVE, and shows that the avenues to WWE from the indies is quickly changing.
Yeah, not really
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

That is some... circular logic if I've ever read any.

Let's take a look

*Cites guy most recently beaten for WWE title as ROH guy. Implies no more ROH guys will get looks. Right.

*Neglects to mention two of his cited names had meaningful WWE runs prior to being in ROH (or in the case of Lynn, were vets of almost 20 years) and a third was in developmental as a protégé of a consensus all-timer. Low Ki was the absolute hottest Indy name for a while prior to and during ROH and Samoa Joe was doing well enough that he got a WWE look prior to ROH.

So, this guy whiffed pretty hard on an opportunity to rag on ROH but also failed to give them credit for having one half or one third of the current WWE main event.

This was bad. There's more too be said but that was dumb, circular, and misses the point pretty hard.

It's a shame because I think there is something interesting to be said about Ambrose coming through the EVOLVE ranks. It would be interesting to see how or why he missed out on ROH considering he was with CZW and they were still running Philly heavy when ROH was. An interesting thing to find out would have been why did he slip through the cracks at the HD Net tapings? Who missed him? How'd they miss him? Was it Ambrose's choice not to go there?

Instead, the writer misses the mark with an odd statement while simultaneously providing the name of the other half or third of the likely main event match for the next WWE PPV while also providing the name of pretty solid merchandise mover (Owens).

Thumbs down on that piece of writing. It's a shame, too. There probably is something very interesting to be said about Ambrose, too.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

If I recall correctly Jon Moxley work several tryout matches. Adam Pearce had planned to add Moxley to the roster but he was fired before Jon 's start date. So , Delirious decided not to book Moxley .

Gabe was filling out Evolve cards with talent ROH did not want to book for one reason or another. I do not know why Delirious did not want to book Jon Moxley , Johnny Gargano , Sami Callihan and Brodie Lee . I guess they had to hold spots for Grizzly Redwood and the Head Bangers.

Anyway this article is way off base . Vince decides who he is going to push and no one else. Everyone knows that Vince does not watch wrestling , he does not know who worked for Evolve , ROH , PWG , NJPW or CMLL . Vince decides who the gets pushs and who fails in the WWE .

Gabe Sapolsky has nothing to do with former ROH and / or Evolve talent getting over in the WWE. Gabe is a non factor. The talent gets signed by their own hard work . The concept that Gabe is some type of WWE star maker is a joke.

Right now the WWE is just using Evolve to store new talent , without having to pay the talent. That could all change if Vince suddenly decides to go in another direction.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

It’s at least true that the trend of former ROH talent becoming WWE main event wrestlers will soon stop being as prevalent. For the majority of independent wrestlers, this probably works in their favor that ROH isn’t the only major non-McMahon training ground.

Though I do see what they were trying to say about Ambrose finally finding a foothold in the main event, his success doesn’t really reflect Gabe’s honing and certainly isn’t reflective of Evolve. Still, for the time being, more WWN stars finding success should be expected.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Wilson wrote:It’s at least true that the trend of former ROH talent becoming WWE main event wrestlers will soon stop being as prevalent. For the majority of independent wrestlers, this probably works in their favor that ROH isn’t the only major non-McMahon training ground.

Though I do see what they were trying to say about Ambrose finally finding a foothold in the main event, his success doesn’t really reflect Gabe’s honing and certainly isn’t reflective of Evolve. Still, for the time being, more WWN stars finding success should be expected.
It will be interesting to see how the WWE repackage the like of End, Gulack, Thatcher considering they are all similar in styles.

ROH will certainly have to be stronger in the talent market in the next few months which overall will be good for everyone, I still personally think that no matter what Evolve does the better main roster talents will come out of ROH because of the demand it's fans will always have.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

I am glad Moose is gone , really not a good worker. I found trying to watch Moose wrestle to be a real chore . However is perfect for the WWE style. I hope that Moose has a long run in the WWE and never returns to ROH .Good Bye , Moose.

Time for Strong to go , he done everything in ROH . I am sure he is headed to NXT . There is really nowhere else to go. Evolve would be a waste of his time . Enjoyed his ROH and PWG work , too many great matches to mention , I will miss watching him work.