ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
maxx_powerz
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by maxx_powerz » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:41 pm

Surprised WWE is still interested in Japanese wrestlers after KENTA and Nakamura haven't really panned out, although I imagine in terms of expectations Kushida would be closer to Tozawa than those two.

famicommander
Posts: 815
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:15 am

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by famicommander » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:07 pm

I'm always willing to take a shot at WWE. Until they stop sucking, at which point I will take all the credit.

So really, you should all be thanking me.

dhads7161
Posts: 1441
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 11:23 pm
Location: Southeast Missouri

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by dhads7161 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:43 pm

205 is going to need better booking and stronger names when they begin touring as a brand. Kushida would be good for the brand.

User avatar
supersonic
Posts: 6073
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:53 pm
Location: Edgar Martinez Dr S
Contact:

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by supersonic » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:59 pm

Any chance Kushida would have an ROH farewell against Shelley?

dhads7161
Posts: 1441
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 11:23 pm
Location: Southeast Missouri

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by dhads7161 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:43 pm

If he had an ROH farewell I'd want it to be Kushida with Shelley and Sabin vs. The Elite.

Mr. Mojo Risin
Posts: 2193
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:37 am
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:46 pm

maxx_powerz wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:41 pm
Surprised WWE is still interested in Japanese wrestlers after KENTA and Nakamura haven't really panned out, although I imagine in terms of expectations Kushida would be closer to Tozawa than those two.
Yeah, this is kind of what I was thinking. I don't know. Vince doesn't seem to give a fuck about the Japanese guys. The one guy that was super over, Nakamura, is shit now. Vince jobbed him out to the talentless roid head Jinder Mahal...because breaking into the Indian market was much more important. Nakamura's has shit value now. Didn't help he was mailing it in after his classic debut match with Sami Zayn in NXT. KENTA has been injured constantly. Doesn't matter. Vince wouldn't do shit with him anyway. Towaza is a safe booking performer on 205 Live and that's where I expect KUSHIDA to be. Depressing news.

LJimmy
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:50 pm

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by LJimmy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:21 am

I'm not sure where this thing about Kushida is coming from. The tweet says they have told promoters they won't be taking any more bookings past the middle of January. Where does Kushida work besides New Japan and their affiliates? Whoever they're talking about is clearly someone who works a ton of indies in between tours.

User avatar
supersonic
Posts: 6073
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:53 pm
Location: Edgar Martinez Dr S
Contact:

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by supersonic » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:38 am

VoW also says it’s unrelated to 205 Live house shows.

Big Red Machine
Posts: 3430
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by Big Red Machine » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:33 pm

kovs27 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:51 pm
dhads7161 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:47 am
Kushida. Read somewhere earlier this year WWE were looking at him.
If they won't move him up to the heavyweight division there really isn't anymore he can do in NJPW.
He can stay around NJPW/ROH/CMLL/RevPro having awesome matches with Ospreay, Scurll, Hiromu, BUSHI, ACH, Rocky Romero, Taguchi, Dragon Lee, Titan, Volador Jr., Josh Bodom, Travis Banks, Zack Sabre Jr., Desperado, Kanemaru, Kawato, David Starr, Jay Lethal, Gresham, (and hopefully soon Austin Aries). Maybe he can find a partner and go after the tag titles and have matches against the Young Bucks and Roppongi 3K and so forth, and just stay around New Japan as the ace of the Jr. Heavyweight Division and basically become an all-time legend? Doesn't sound like a bad gig at all to me.

Maybe Gedo could even get creative (wishful thinking, I know) and actually make use of the word "Openweight" in the NEVER Openweight Title as a way to set KUSHIDA up for matches against guys like Omega and Tanahashi and Suzuki and Ibushi and so forth?

kovs27
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 10:00 am

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by kovs27 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:02 pm

Big Red Machine wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:33 pm
kovs27 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:51 pm
dhads7161 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:47 am
Kushida. Read somewhere earlier this year WWE were looking at him.
If they won't move him up to the heavyweight division there really isn't anymore he can do in NJPW.
He can stay around NJPW/ROH/CMLL/RevPro having awesome matches with Ospreay, Scurll, Hiromu, BUSHI, ACH, Rocky Romero, Taguchi, Dragon Lee, Titan, Volador Jr., Josh Bodom, Travis Banks, Zack Sabre Jr., Desperado, Kanemaru, Kawato, David Starr, Jay Lethal, Gresham, (and hopefully soon Austin Aries). Maybe he can find a partner and go after the tag titles and have matches against the Young Bucks and Roppongi 3K and so forth, and just stay around New Japan as the ace of the Jr. Heavyweight Division and basically become an all-time legend? Doesn't sound like a bad gig at all to me.

Maybe Gedo could even get creative (wishful thinking, I know) and actually make use of the word "Openweight" in the NEVER Openweight Title as a way to set KUSHIDA up for matches against guys like Omega and Tanahashi and Suzuki and Ibushi and so forth?
I love your idea of putting the NEVER Openweight Title on KUSHIDA so he can wrestle heavyweights. That opens the door to so many new match-ups for him.

dhads7161
Posts: 1441
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 11:23 pm
Location: Southeast Missouri

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by dhads7161 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:16 pm

Tag titles partner would be Taguchi probably.

User avatar
King of Indy Style
Posts: 615
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:50 pm
Contact:

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by King of Indy Style » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:38 pm

God I wish that they'd make the NEVER Openweight Title an actual Openweight Title again. I love that it's the BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF EACH OTHER belt but they are really missing out on some neat matches. I'd have much rather seen KUSHIDA wrestle Suzuki for the NEVER Belt at the Dome instead of another MEH Goto-Suzuki match.

Mr. Mojo Risin
Posts: 2193
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:37 am
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:00 pm

King of Indy Style wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:38 pm
God I wish that they'd make the NEVER Openweight Title an actual Openweight Title again. I love that it's the BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF EACH OTHER belt but they are really missing out on some neat matches. I'd have much rather seen KUSHIDA wrestle Suzuki for the NEVER Belt at the Dome instead of another MEH Goto-Suzuki match.
THIS x 1000

Big Red Machine
Posts: 3430
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by Big Red Machine » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:11 pm

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:00 pm
King of Indy Style wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:38 pm
God I wish that they'd make the NEVER Openweight Title an actual Openweight Title again. I love that it's the BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF EACH OTHER belt but they are really missing out on some neat matches. I'd have much rather seen KUSHIDA wrestle Suzuki for the NEVER Belt at the Dome instead of another MEH Goto-Suzuki match.
THIS x 1000
Not only that, but just doing it once and putting it on a Jr. Heavyweight would allow them to use it as essentially a second Jr. Heavyweight singles title for a bit, which could then be used to set up some sort of match down the line, either champion vs. champion or after the NEVER champ loses the belt to a heavyweight.

monster mafia
Posts: 2514
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:13 am

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by monster mafia » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:21 pm

kushida in wwe? oh god no.

dhads7161
Posts: 1441
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 11:23 pm
Location: Southeast Missouri

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by dhads7161 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:52 pm

A Kushida vs. Sabre feud over the NEVER title would be great.
Kushida & Tanahashi would be cool as a championship tag team.
Kushida chasing the IC or US title would be alright too especially if Jay White beats Tanahashi at the dome.

User avatar
The Dragon Saga
Posts: 2738
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 11:06 am
Location: Ireland

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by The Dragon Saga » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:04 am

So apparently ROH has interest in bringing Eddie Edwards back once his contract with Impact expires in February, where it's unlikely he'll stick around because Impact are going to be paying everyone except for Del Rio on per-day contracts and not salaries like the ones EE, EC3 and Lashley are on.

I think Edwards has been gone long enough so that him returning would be fresh.
Image

Big Red Machine
Posts: 3430
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by Big Red Machine » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:34 am

The Dragon Saga wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:04 am
So apparently ROH has interest in bringing Eddie Edwards back once his contract with Impact expires in February, where it's unlikely he'll stick around because Impact are going to be paying everyone except for Del Rio on per-day contracts and not salaries like the ones EE, EC3 and Lashley are on.

I think Edwards has been gone long enough so that him returning would be fresh.
He's also an excellent wrestler, a former world champion coming home, and a guy who a lot of fans feel a special connection to due to him still wrestling a Ladder War the night after breaking his arm. They'd be crazy not to bring him back.

monster mafia
Posts: 2514
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:13 am

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by monster mafia » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:56 am

Eddie Edwards?oh yeah baby.

famicommander
Posts: 815
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:15 am

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by famicommander » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:55 pm

Is Eddie still GHC Heavyweight Champ? I imagine that will change when he leaves Impact either eay. I'd love to see him back.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests