ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by Montana »

Looks like Cody is a free agent. TK just posted a thank you note on Twitter.

Rumor is he wasn’t happy CM Punk had a bigger contract and sounds like TK kept his offer where it was at. There have been Jericho to WWE rumors as well.

Seems to be wwe bound, but kind of late breaking news.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Who started the CM Punk rumor? They should get a job with Fox News.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Kelly Kinkaid AKA Quinn McKay has leveled up to NXT.
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:07 pm Who started the CM Punk rumor? They should get a job with Fox News.
Cody made it pretty clear on his 1/19 promo ; saying he's the one that started AEW and the revolution while CM Punk sat out. Said it was not the contract offer he wanted from TK. I heard the offer he got was around 3M and Punk got around 5M ; thus he thought he should be equal to punk. Don't recall where i heard it; but assume it was something from Dave/Bryan. So i assume TK was stuck on that initial offer; and thought that's what he's worth.
AnHonorableMention

Montana wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:59 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:07 pm Who started the CM Punk rumor? They should get a job with Fox News.
Cody made it pretty clear on his 1/19 promo ; saying he's the one that started AEW and the revolution while CM Punk sat out. Said it was not the contract offer he wanted from TK. I heard the offer he got was around 3M and Punk got around 5M ; thus he thought he should be equal to punk. Don't recall where i heard it; but assume it was something from Dave/Bryan. So i assume TK was stuck on that initial offer; and thought that's what he's worth.
So on hand you say you heard the offer but don't know from who that it was to be equal. Then you assume it was Alvarez & Meltzer. All I can tell you was those numbers are wrong and not talent brought in had anything to do with Cody's choice.
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:25 pm
So on hand you say you heard the offer but don't know from who that it was to be equal. Then you assume it was Alvarez & Meltzer. All I can tell you was those numbers are wrong and not talent brought in had anything to do with Cody's choice.
Im sure it wasn’t the only factor, but sounds like the main factor. Cody wanted more money for founding the company, but TK didn’t need to spend the money, because he had bought other more valuable/expensive wrestlers.

Read below.

https://wrestlingnews.co/aew-news/cody- ... dy-in-aew/

https://411mania.com/wrestling/cody-rho ... fter-exit/
AnHonorableMention

Montana wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:17 am

Im sure it wasn’t the only factor, but sounds like the main factor. Cody wanted more money for founding the company, but TK didn’t need to spend the money, because he had bought other more valuable/expensive wrestlers.

Read below.

Again, money isn't the issue. Stop using secondary sourced info, and you might get a better picture of the actual story. Cody never had a dollar of financial stake in the company either. Only one person does, Tony Khan.
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:31 pm

Read below.

Again, money isn't the issue. Stop using secondary sourced info, and you might get a better picture of the actual story. Cody never had a dollar of financial stake in the company either. Only one person does, Tony Khan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EBNtIGA78c

Literally all the sites are reporting it was a money issue. As far as financial stake in the company, yes, just TK.
AnHonorableMention

Montana wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:50 pm

Read below.

Literally all the sites are reporting it was a money issue. As far as financial stake in the company, yes, just TK.
Secondary source. Wrestle Talk LOL. A very legitimate journalist reported on the story today. Find it, you'll have your answer. Not a money issue.
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:21 pm

Secondary source. Wrestle Talk LOL. A very legitimate journalist reported on the story today. Find it, you'll have your answer. Not a money issue.
Or you could send a link, because as i said, every source i'm seeing says it's a money issue.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Now the scuttlebutt is Cody wanted/more creative control. It will be another dozen reasons by friday.
AnHonorableMention

Montana wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:27 pm

Or you could send a link, because as i said, every source i'm seeing says it's a money issue.
SI.com the article is written by someone very close to Cody. Someone also very close to Tony Khan and professional sports in general. Cody has never been about money, EVER. It's always been about following a beautiful legacy. There's more to it than the SI story, it's not public nor is it my place to discuss. It's an unfortunate situation. Cody's a great guy, someone I empathize with and know exactly what he's balancing in his head. An incredibly difficult spot to be in and people on the internet shouldn't be speaking about what they think it's about when they don't know the agony of the situation.
Captain Podcast
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Fans are always going to speculate in these types of situations, and will do so until (presumably) more of the truth is revealed in the coming months or years. Fans STILL have strong opinions on Montreal even with pretty much everything about it ultimately pointing in one direction of blame. They STILL think Punk deserves more than the absolutely minimal blame for how things ended in WWE as well.
Montana

Post by Montana »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:13 pm

SI.com the article is written by someone very close to Cody. Someone also very close to Tony Khan and professional sports in general. Cody has never been about money, EVER. It's always been about following a beautiful legacy. There's more to it than the SI story, it's not public nor is it my place to discuss. It's an unfortunate situation. Cody's a great guy, someone I empathize with and know exactly what he's balancing in his head. An incredibly difficult spot to be in and people on the internet shouldn't be speaking about what they think it's about when they don't know the agony of the situation.
So basically your taking the opinion of SI's journalist Justin Barrasso over wrestling journalist Wade Keller. While i don't disagree with anything that Barrasso said, clearly Wade Keller added more detail and depth on the situation. I'd assume AEW would want to control the narrative of why one of their founders is leaving the company. Arguably face of the company. Pretty sure it was multiple reasons; but seems quite strange to leave a job where your a top guy backstage; EVP in name at this point; a company you founded, for a job with potentially significantly less backstage power. But leaving because they "lost power". All we likely know, is one offer, was better than other offer and the whole package (Money and power) I suppose at some point we find out how much power Cody has in WWE; but my guess is WWE paid him more; and will give him some limited backstage power.

Either way you slice it; potentially one of the biggest blunders of TK management of AEW thus far. Time will tell; but to bring in a hoard of talent; only to let one of the most important pieces to walk isn't a good look. Who's the bigger star that will put over new talent now. Jericho? Mox? Omega, Punk???.... or the younger guys like Darby Allin, MJF, etc. Who's the new face of the company, Danielson/Punk? Do guys like MJF , and Wardlow follow Cody. How does Warner feel about all this. Should be interesting to see this unfold in the upcoming weeks, months, years.
AnHonorableMention

Montana wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:54 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:13 pm

So basically your taking the opinion of SI's journalist Justin Barrasso over wrestling journalist Wade Keller. While i don't disagree with anything that Barrasso said, clearly Wade Keller added more detail and depth on the situation. I'd assume AEW would want to control the narrative of why one of their founders is leaving the company. Arguably face of the company. Pretty sure it was multiple reasons; but seems quite strange to leave a job where your a top guy backstage; EVP in name at this point; a company you founded, for a job with potentially significantly less backstage power. But leaving because they "lost power". All we likely know, is one offer, was better than other offer and the whole package (Money and power) I suppose at some point we find out how much power Cody has in WWE; but my guess is WWE paid him more; and will give him some limited backstage power.

Either way you slice it; potentially one of the biggest blunders of TK management of AEW thus far. Time will tell; but to bring in a hoard of talent; only to let one of the most important pieces to walk isn't a good look. Who's the bigger star that will put over new talent now. Jericho? Mox? Omega, Punk???.... or the younger guys like Darby Allin, MJF, etc. Who's the new face of the company, Danielson/Punk? Do guys like MJF , and Wardlow follow Cody. How does Warner feel about all this. Should be interesting to see this unfold in the upcoming weeks, months, years.
I can tell you first hand what Justin wrote wasn't opinion. Wade is being blasted by so many for his treatment of the story, rightfully so. He's a self-righteous reporter that had an inside to TK but got beat out on the story. When Amanda Huber is calling you out, you probably should come correct.

As I said there is a very non-AEW & non-wrestling element to this exit that played into this, you can continue to speculate as much as you want on this but until you actually know the details of the why and real world element that has zero to do with Tony or Cody you're going to be cornered into being someone reading NEWZ. Do not group me in with this we because I am not in this we. You know Eddie Kingston's tweet about Cody that has picked up steam. That's the real deal. Speculate more on that.

There's no blunder here. This was not a TK decision. It was a Cody & Brandi decision, a decision that was made to impact their lives for the best. Warner's feeling on Cody choosing to leave is a chicken and egg situation but until that appears on a NEWZ site I guess that's just speculation right? They just finished a kick ass tv show top to bottom. As much love & respect as I have for Cody & Brandi, they're not on tv every week. Max is not going, and Wardlow's not due for a while. Neither is repped by Cody's agent either.

As for the face of the company, next man up. That's how it works. The face of the company is the product. When the product falls off, then worry about it.
Captain Podcast
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Per PWInsider and confirmed by Fightful, Claudio Castagnoli (better known as Cesaro) did not come to terms on a WWE contract extension. Since this is a contract expiration instead of a release, he's a free agent available to work immediately.

For more info - https://www.pwinsider.com/article/15619 ... l.html?p=1 (POP UP AND POTENTIAL SPYWARE WARNING)

Fightful's confirmation - https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status ... 2640013316
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

He needs to work roh but he is gonna be aew bound i suppose.
roacheyyy

Post by roacheyyy »

We need KoW vs FTR
AnHonorableMention

monster mafia wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:51 pm He needs to work roh but he is gonna be aew bound i suppose.
Why does he need to work for a company that theoretically hasn't existed since December of 2021?
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

roacheyyy wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:57 pm We need KoW vs FTR
Yup. There's a zillion matches if Hero is up for it to be had.

FTR, reDRagon, Young Bucks, Private Party, Top Flight, all forms of Dark Order. That doesn't even really begin to cover it. If Hero is done, which considering he's taken off this long is possible(which makes me sad), Claudio as Danielson's heater against Moxley sounds like it writes itself.
Captain Podcast