ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

If your new japan you are the real winners given their talent on aew roh impact and mlw which brings exposure in the states
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Exactly do people really think they are going to let AEW come into Japan and try and get some stake in their nations audience. I seriously doubt it.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

BurningHammer wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:57 am Exactly do people really think they are going to let AEW come into Japan and try and get some stake in their nations audience. I seriously doubt it.
You think new japan will want their talent jobbing to aew or impact talent ive seen over the years new japan very strict on stuff like that
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:48 am
BurningHammer wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:57 am Exactly do people really think they are going to let AEW come into Japan and try and get some stake in their nations audience. I seriously doubt it.
You think new japan will want their talent jobbing to aew or impact talent ive seen over the years new japan very strict on stuff like that
I’ll think they’ll generally make sure any loss is covered and they win out in the end. Much like what happened with Jericho, I just can’t see Okada taking a fall on AEW TV. Also I doubt fans will be seeing the guys they want to win go over anytime soon unless against someone like Yoshi Hashi or Goto.

I could be very wrong on NJPW manages everything with AEW as they may feel they are on level playing field so to speak but that would be highly unusual for them, that said the booking style for New Japan has taken a very AEW style so there could be a reason for that.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Eli Drake is now in NXT; along with Taya Valkyrie, Blake Christian, Christian Cassanova, AQA, Saree, and Harlem Bravado.
Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

Montana wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:37 am Eli Drake is now in NXT; along with Taya Valkyrie, Blake Christian, Christian Cassanova, AQA, Saree, and Harlem Bravado.
One of these things is not like the others...
Good for him, but wow, would never have predicted that. Is Lancelot retired?
Montana

Post by Montana »

Sounds like Marty Scurll was backstage at the NJPW strong tapings. No word on anything from the NJPW side.

Big Show has been signed to All Elite Wrestling as a commentator and part time wrestler it sounds like.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Even WWE fans are sick of Show. Remember the "please retire" chants?
Montana

Post by Montana »

How much of that was due to WWE stagnant booking, flipping him heel/face every 6 months.. and basically being in the same role with WWE for 10-15 years. He was putting over talent since day 1 in WWE. Imagine AEW will be a breathe of fresh air for him; and he'll be involved in a semi-meaning feud. That being said, i'm sure they over paid for him; as i don't see Vince letting him walk for cheap.

My guess is AEW is doing fine financially; and aren't concerned about future live attendance numbers as they can break even on TV/PPV/Merch money. They dont seem to bat a eyelash, and dropping some serious money for a guy who really isn't going to move the needle that much.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Big Show is 49 and hasn't been good in a very long time. I fail to see what he brings to the table in 2021.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I haven't cared about Big Show since 1997.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

It’s a very them signing really, it ticks a lot of boxes they love, it will be interesting to see if it brings in the viewership I am guessing they are targeting with having him host the show.

I never thought Show was in anywhere near a good enough speaker to have long segments let alone commentary but it will be interesting to see how he does.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Ec3 signed with roh officially
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:30 am Ec3 signed with roh officially
Good to hear. Would have never expected him to land in ROH.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:34 am
its already started by impact fans saying he cant move anymore to his gimmick sucks even he must have had no other offers on the table that why he signed with roh
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I don’t know if we can say he’s the wrestler he once was, he’s had injuries and he had two severe concussions in WWE, plus he isn’t young so ROH might have to protect him. Even with all that his biggest assets has always been what he brings outside of the ring and if that connects he will have a great tenure and ‘impact’ in ROH. Will still might be surprised by what he can do.

Weirdly I think this is a bigger signing/moment than I’m feeling it to be but all I can see it being is a positive, especially when it comes social and media traction.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

I don't know, I think his current gimmick is a definition of "trying too hard" and it doesn't look like he can move very well so I'm not very hyped that he signed.
Montana

Post by Montana »

First off, who cares what Impact fans think. The fact of the matter is that hes already done everything there is to do in Impact. Impact choose to sign 8 other Ex-wwe guys (LUke Gallows, Karl Anderson, Heath, Curt Hawkins , Zack Ryder, Divari, Deonna Purazzo, Eric Young) instead of focusing on the top 2-3 guys. So they can cry me a river.

As for EC3 in ROH; i think he's a solid addition. I'd take him and Bennett over anyone that signed with TNA. I'm not a huge fan of this current style of EC3; but i think he'll evolve, and it will work out. He's kind of going to be in a "cody rhodes" type of role i assume. Think he can cut a promo; and with good booking; i think ROH can create some good buzz.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

My point is what with fans trashing a talent once that said talent leaves your favorite company
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:40 am
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:34 am
its already started by impact fans saying he cant move anymore to his gimmick sucks even he must have had no other offers on the table that why he signed with roh
Bro you GOTTA stop caring about what Impact fans say, or at the very least, stop telling us. Who CARES. None of us do. Don’t let them ruin your enjoyment of ROH.