ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:35 am Listening to the podcast they are setting up mike helping taven against vincent and mike wants to go somewhere he can go be a wrestler and have good matches he mentions roh and njpw allowed him to do that
They don't do shoot interviews on the show, of course it sets up Bennett's angle. Doing the obvious angle isn't always the right one though.
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:19 pm
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:49 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:26 pm

Both guys have families, why not take the time to stay home, take the money and relax? Mike and Maria coming in, to do that as well. ROH doesn't care about growing because they don't have the infrastructure to care. Too much money spent on "investigations"
Have they not been relaxing for the last 3 months? How many jobs in the US get 3 months of vacation? Impact and ROH running at their top have a very light schedule. They would be spending more time with their family once they stop being with WWE. AEW runs once a week as well. That’s not plenty of family time???
When you're a professional athlete and train daily, in addition to being husbands, parents, and business owners, you don't really relax. My dad said it best when I started my company TEN(holy shit that's nuts) years ago, kiss vacations and relaxation good bye you'll never have a mental day off ever. Knowing Karl as I do, and have for almost 18 years, he's likely happy to get out of the house for a day or two and happier to be home with his kids. With Gallows he's a wild card but a great dad. Being home 6 days for most parents means wanting to be home for 7. I know Karl's sister in law moved in to help out, he's got 4 boys. That's a handful.
What he said is 100% true. I own 2 businesses (was 3 before covid), i have wife and 4 kids. I dont have a day off and even on vacation my wife & i are glorified babysitters most of the time. We complain about it but our oldest is (maybe) off to college in few weeks & my wife is already crying about it every few hours.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Anyone know what's Alex Shelley status? I assume he's a free agent / free lance wrestler. Thought he was scheduled to be in the pure tournament. I wouldn't mind a small Impact/ROH working relationship.... but just like 1-3 wrestlers from each side.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:39 am Anyone know what's Alex Shelley status? I assume he's a free agent / free lance wrestler. Thought he was scheduled to be in the pure tournament. I wouldn't mind a small Impact/ROH working relationship.... but just like 1-3 wrestlers from each side.
Free agent. He isn't interested in signing with anyone.
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

Nicole Savoy showed up as Big Swole's partner in the AEW Women's Tag Team tourney.

One-off or is she done with ROH?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

She was also on roh week by week today
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://twitter.com/luchalibreonlin/sta ... 59233?s=21
EXCLUSIVE ]: Hugo Savinovich and Lucha Libre Online confirm that ROH World Heavyweight Champion El Ingobernable Mayor, El Toro Blanco, Rush, terminates his contract with ROH in December. In that month your contract is scheduled to expire.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Some people are acting like this is a shock. We all knew it was a 2 year deal. That translation is a little off. Hes not terminating...he can always re-sign by then.
Montana

Post by Montana »

This would be a huge loss for ROH, mainly because they've spent so much time investing in building him up in 2019. Could see him re-signing as i have to imagine ROH is high on him. He may want to test the waters elsewhere though too.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Honestly, i dont care if we lose Rush. i dont want him to.leave but id rather ROH sign guys like Fred Yehi, Tracy Williams, Rust Taylor. I want a pure wrestling style promotion going forward. I still want other styles but i want the pure style front and center. I want those guys in main event spots. Rush isnt really impressive. Hes got star power but honestly, his best match in ROH was vs Taven.

I care more about losing Dragon Lee
Captain_44

Post by Captain_44 »

indyfan wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:43 am Honestly, i dont care if we lose Rush. i dont want him to.leave but id rather ROH sign guys like Fred Yehi, Tracy Williams, Rust Taylor. I want a pure wrestling style promotion going forward. I still want other styles but i want the pure style front and center. I want those guys in main event spots. Rush isnt really impressive. Hes got star power but honestly, his best match in ROH was vs Taven.

I care more about losing Dragon Lee
I agree 💯
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Ring Of Honor Wrestling released the following video, revealing that Danhausen has been offered a contract with the company, with the added stipulation that he will only become a member of the ROH roster should he win a match before the end of 2020.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

finally.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Not that it is a big surprise.... but Jeff Cobb is no longer on the roster page. I assume he was removed with Marty, Dan Maff, Ryan Nova, Shaheem Ali. I gotta think there could be more to this list coming up on the end of the year; where ROH likes to add/drop wrestlers. Seems like they've signed DanHausen; beyond that... no one at the moment.

I would have thought with him doing NJPW; he would still do some ROH dates. That's too bad. I think Jeff Cobb was in the perfect spot at the perfect time for ROH. Can't blame him though; if NJPW was his ultimate goal; and he's reached it.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Shitty news about Cobb. Hopefully we see him down the road at some point
Montana

Post by Montana »

Jeff Cobb NJPW update

Jeff Cobb currently hasn’t had any matches for NJPW on its most recent tour but The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that he is still in Japan and will be staying through New Year’s Dash. He has been living at the dojo and training during his time there.

Cobb has no role in the company currently, and a possible spot in the Empire went to NJPW’s own trainee Great O’Khan. He was set to be in the tag team tournament, but the partner they planned for him, Mikey Nicholls, couldn’t get to Japan in time.

It was reported back in September that Cobb signed with NJPW.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Montana wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:27 pm Not that it is a big surprise.... but Jeff Cobb is no longer on the roster page. I assume he was removed with Marty, Dan Maff, Ryan Nova, Shaheem Ali. I gotta think there could be more to this list coming up on the end of the year; where ROH likes to add/drop wrestlers. Seems like they've signed DanHausen; beyond that... no one at the moment.

I would have thought with him doing NJPW; he would still do some ROH dates. That's too bad. I think Jeff Cobb was in the perfect spot at the perfect time for ROH. Can't blame him though; if NJPW was his ultimate goal; and he's reached it.
Why was Nova dropped? The 3S thing just didn't work out, but they kept Isom since he shows a bit more promise?

Also, I thought LSG left (and Ali stayed) when C2C split up, but LSG is on the roster page and Ali is not.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Zhuge1 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:25 pm
Montana wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:27 pm Not that it is a big surprise.... but Jeff Cobb is no longer on the roster page. I assume he was removed with Marty, Dan Maff, Ryan Nova, Shaheem Ali. I gotta think there could be more to this list coming up on the end of the year; where ROH likes to add/drop wrestlers. Seems like they've signed DanHausen; beyond that... no one at the moment.

Why was Nova dropped? The 3S thing just didn't work out, but they kept Isom since he shows a bit more promise?

Also, I thought LSG left (and Ali stayed) when C2C split up, but LSG is on the roster page and Ali is not.
Not sure about Ryan Nova. If i had to guess; ROH desperately needed a make over; and with no live events in the near future they didn't need to keep him? He's solid in the ring; but lacks the look/size. I would say Isom shows more promise.

I think you are right about C2C. Not sure on the details; but my guess is that LSG would fit the Pure style better than say Ali. Could also just be where both are at in their career too/other opportunities.

=================================================================================================================
Looks like the Rascalz from Impact are done. Specfically Trey Miguel, Zach Wentz, and Dez. While they had a good run; i think this is a pretty big loss for Impact. They brought in veterans like Heath, Eric Young, Good Brothers; but for one reason or another; it doesn't look lik the Rascalz are staying. No bad blood. I assume to test the Free agent waters.

I'm a fan of these guys; and i think they would fit ROH great. If i had to choose i'd probably go Trey, Wentz, then Dez; but all seem to have a pretty good mat game; plus can fly. I imagine most all companies would consider these guys. Not sure if they'll break/split up.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Montana wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:01 am
Zhuge1 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:25 pm

Not sure about Ryan Nova. If i had to guess; ROH desperately needed a make over; and with no live events in the near future they didn't need to keep him? He's solid in the ring; but lacks the look/size. I would say Isom shows more promise.

I think you are right about C2C. Not sure on the details; but my guess is that LSG would fit the Pure style better than say Ali. Could also just be where both are at in their career too/other opportunities.

=================================================================================================================
Looks like the Rascalz from Impact are done. Specfically Trey Miguel, Zach Wentz, and Dez. While they had a good run; i think this is a pretty big loss for Impact. They brought in veterans like Heath, Eric Young, Good Brothers; but for one reason or another; it doesn't look lik the Rascalz are staying. No bad blood. I assume to test the Free agent waters.

I'm a fan of these guys; and i think they would fit ROH great. If i had to choose i'd probably go Trey, Wentz, then Dez; but all seem to have a pretty good mat game; plus can fly. I imagine most all companies would consider these guys. Not sure if they'll break/split up.
I would of loved Rascalz in ROH but they are WWE bound. They'll have a fun run in NXT for a year, then moved to main roster where they'll be on Main Event vs Lucha House Party until they get released
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

BREAKING NEWS.