ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Lynx

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by Lynx »

Meltzer has been wrong or misleading on his recent RoH reports so I'd trust Pwinsider more on stuff regarding Marty.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Lynx wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:02 pm Meltzer has been wrong or misleading on his recent RoH reports so I'd trust Pwinsider more on stuff regarding Marty.
Thats because Hunter is his source.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I wouldn't buy Meltzer's full take on the story, since (as already mentioned) it's been long rumored that Delirious (and I think Joe Koff as well, don't quote me on that) have been Meltzer sources inside ROH for a number of years. Hence why people have been critical of Meltzer's reporting, or lack thereof, of serious ROH issues (I generally think Meltzer is great obviously, but this is certainly a blindspot of his). I'm sure Delirious is indeed still working for the promotion in some capacity (I know the term "executive producer" has been thrown around), but I'm working under the belief that the PWInsider story is the correct version of the story.

Also, to touch on Jeff Cobb briefly, I'm not shocked he turned down signing with ROH again, and opting to go on a per-date basis instead. Of course, it's pretty clear that he wants to continue working with New Japan (hence his presence on the upcoming tour in the Southeast), but I recall seeing an interview last year (or maybe it was late 2018, not sure) where he mentioned not being a fan of signing a long-term deal. I believe he specifically mentioned turning down a two year deal with Impact in 2018 because he thought it was too long (if someone can find this interview, that'd be awesome).

It seems like Cobb was really shook after getting trapped in one of those ridiculous Lucha Underground deals (he was one of the guys who needed to lawyer up to get out of his deal with Lucha Underground went on ice for so long). If I were him, I would be weary of longer contracts as well, especially after what he went through.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

Well this forum/thread took a turn,

Logged in to take a victory lap on Marty staying with ROH. Same with ROH and NJPW still working together.

Still waiting for AnHonorableMention to back up his illogical claims about me. No should take him as credible as he does. Any charity of his choice if can back it up. Name the value.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Keep the positive momentum rolling, Woods.

In hindsight I kinda wish Woods was that "third man" Silas and Bruiser teased that ended up being Milonas. Silas, Woods, and Bruiser would be an effective trio and any combination of the three an effective tag while the third is in a singles match.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Is Woods the guy who most improved in 2019? At this time last year I wouldn't have expected to care about whats next for Woods at all.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Lynx wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:31 pm Is Woods the guy who most improved in 2019? At this time last year I wouldn't have expected to care about whats next for Woods at all.
I would say so. I think Taylor improved a lot too, but he was already way better than Woods when the year started.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Silas does well getting guys to improve and get over. They are trying it with Black now. Lets see if he can get us to care about Johnson
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Really happy for Woods it’s finally starting to click for him and I hope it continues. Hopefully the new contract shows a belief in him and his confidence will go up even more. He could really be a success story for ROH in the future.

Side note, I would love to see him on the Bloodsport event. Think it would do him wonders.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Pwinsider reports pj black signed a new multi year deal with roh
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:19 am Pwinsider reports pj black signed a new multi year deal with roh
That's another good sign. PJ has had a pretty solid year despite some oddities in his storylines (originally cheating, then trying to join LifeBlood, and now on to mentoring Brian Johnson).
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

It took Black alittle whilew to get his legs back and adjust to this style but hes been very good last 8 months or so.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I don't care much for Black. Just find him to be bland as fuck. Got that WWE factory made look and feel to him. Much of the same reason I just can't get behind Juice Robinson in NJPW.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I think Black is underrated. He can strike, he can fly, he can mat wrestle, he can go hardcore, he can brawl, he's got good throws. There's nothing in the ring he doesn't do very well at a minimum.

His character has left something to be desired in ROH for sure but he never had that problem in Lucha Underground, which is where in my opinion he did his best overall work.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

The Briscoes have re-signed as well
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

cgstong wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:26 pm The Briscoes have re-signed as well
Remember the website announcing a 3 year deal 6 months ago? Yeah crisis management 101, finally locked them up for real
Captain Podcast
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:27 pm I think Black is underrated. He can strike, he can fly, he can mat wrestle, he can go hardcore, he can brawl, he's got good throws. There's nothing in the ring he doesn't do very well at a minimum.

His character has left something to be desired in ROH for sure but he never had that problem in Lucha Underground, which is where in my opinion he did his best overall work.
Agreed. I have found Black to be a solid performer and can work with anyone on the roster.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Anthony Henry announces he’s done with Evolve and basically a free agent.

ROH has been signing a lot of talent, so I don’t know if I’d call him a must sign guy... but I think he’d fit in perfectly. Especially with a pure title coming. Could see him being a good fit for MLW, NWA, even NjpW-Us. Impact might work, but they do a lot of promos and segments. Same with aew. Not sure that’s a great fit right now.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:02 am Anthony Henry announces he’s done with Evolve and basically a free agent.

ROH has been signing a lot of talent, so I don’t know if I’d call him a must sign guy... but I think he’d fit in perfectly. Especially with a pure title coming. Could see him being a good fit for MLW, NWA, even NjpW-Us. Impact might work, but they do a lot of promos and segments. Same with aew. Not sure that’s a great fit right now.
https://twitter.com/Antnyhenry/status/1 ... 3327591425

You may be onto something.