ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Lynx

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by Lynx »

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:48 amI think the good thing about all this, it limits the amount of Indy dates these guys have to do, plus will I imagine allow someone like Flamita do New Japan US but keep his Dragon Gate dates.
https://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2019/11 ... -of-honor/
Flamita has been a frequent guest wrestler in Dragon Gate since 2013. As best I know, that will come to an end for now and Ring of Honor will be top priority.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Lynx wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:56 am
BurningHammer wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:48 amI think the good thing about all this, it limits the amount of Indy dates these guys have to do, plus will I imagine allow someone like Flamita do New Japan US but keep his Dragon Gate dates.
https://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2019/11 ... -of-honor/
Flamita has been a frequent guest wrestler in Dragon Gate since 2013. As best I know, that will come to an end for now and Ring of Honor will be top priority.
That is really interesting, even more convinced we will see him in New Japan at some point. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Crash and ROH being a more formal partnership, no matter what MLW have put out.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Interesting...but not surprised... based on my gut feelings a few post ago.

ROH is going to need to spend now, as they are starting on Fox Sports now. They can't lose they core roster. Go big or go home. Also, if they are spending big, i assume they means they aren't looking to sell.

Also something felt fishy with the Butcher and the Blade signing for AEW, especially with the timing of numerous ROH contracts running out. Cost cutting for sure.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

It can't be a shock to anybody that AEW brought in Pepper Parks considering they're booking his wife Allie regularly. Those two have popped up together in ROH, Impact, all over the indies, and now AEW.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Montana wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:13 pm

ROH is going to need to spend now, as they are starting on Fox Sports now. They can't lose they core roster. Go big or go home. Also, if they are spending big, i assume they means they aren't looking to sell.

Also something felt fishy with the Butcher and the Blade signing for AEW, especially with the timing of numerous ROH contracts running out. Cost cutting for sure.

How does Butcher and Blade have to do with cost cutting anywhere?
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:42 pm

There are much better/more expensive free agents out there. AEW doesn't really need anymore tag teams, yet they signed them. That Twitter article said, Tony Kahn had regrets with over paying for talent.... so essentially he brought in cheaper talent.

And if for some reason they weren't cheap... then they overpaid again, because a majority of people watching AEW were wondering who they even were, and why attack Cody.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Hopefully by xmas all roster questions are answered so i can sit back, enjoy holidays and look forward to a fresh (hopefully) start.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Montana wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:31 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:42 pm

There are much better/more expensive free agents out there. AEW doesn't really need anymore tag teams, yet they signed them. That Twitter article said, Tony Kahn had regrets with over paying for talent.... so essentially he brought in cheaper talent.

And if for some reason they weren't cheap... then they overpaid again, because a majority of people watching AEW were wondering who they even were, and why attack Cody.
They’ve been signed for a while. I don’t like to talk other people’s money but I don’t think Tony is regretting anything right now, he’s still hiring people to be part of the team. This is a long term investment.
Captain Podcast
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Maybe ROH should just pay per appearance and contracts should guarantee the talent their pay per appearance and their booking. No reason wrestlers should be exclusive if you're only paying them $20K. Can keep them TV exclusive to ROH but still let them work the top level independents like PWG, AAW, GCW, Revolver, etc. as long as it doesn't conflict with an ROH date.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

dhads7161 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:30 am Maybe ROH should just pay per appearance and contracts should guarantee the talent their pay per appearance and their booking. No reason wrestlers should be exclusive if you're only paying them $20K. Can keep them TV exclusive to ROH but still let them work the top level independents like PWG, AAW, GCW, Revolver, etc. as long as it doesn't conflict with an ROH date.
I was thinking about that while watching AEW last night since they let some signed talent work indies still. I figure it would take one person suffering a major injury to stop that and make everyone exclusive.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

The people who are getting $20,000 ARE working indies too. Nobody signed to a fully exclusive deal is getting paid that little.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

famicommander wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:48 am The people who are getting $20,000 ARE working indies too. Nobody signed to a fully exclusive deal is getting paid that little.
worst part is...thats the perception thats going around
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Vow :We've been told Ryu (ex-Dragon) Lee signed a 1-year deal with New Japan

What this means for roh ? I was realy looking forward for a dragon lee tv tittle run
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

monster mafia wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:21 pm Vow :We've been told Ryu (ex-Dragon) Lee signed a 1-year deal with New Japan

What this means for roh ? I was realy looking forward for a dragon lee tv tittle run
The president of NJPW said that the talent exchange between NJPW and ROH will continue and that we'll see ROH talent on NJPW America shows, so I think Lee will be doing big NJ tours and then some dates in the US with his brother in ROH. I see him winning the title next Friday, tbh.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Shane Taylor has a countdown clock on his Instagram labeled the next chapter and it has 22 to go
Xias

Post by Xias »

AlexROH wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:04 pm
monster mafia wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:21 pm Vow :We've been told Ryu (ex-Dragon) Lee signed a 1-year deal with New Japan

The president of NJPW said that the talent exchange between NJPW and ROH will continue and that we'll see ROH talent on NJPW America shows, so I think Lee will be doing big NJ tours and then some dates in the US with his brother in ROH. I see him winning the title next Friday, tbh.
Dave Meltzer also got a quote from Joe Koff in this past week's Observer Newsletter reacting to that statement by Kidani, and Koff apparently told him on the record that as of today they have no future dates on any NJPW talent. Obviously that statement (and the fact that he was willing to tell Dave this on the record, to be quoted in the Observer) is very interesting and sort of directly contradicts what Harold Meij told Fox Sports Australia, so I think it's very up in the air as to what exactly the NJPW/ROH "relationship" currently entails (and what it might mean for Dragon Lee's future now that he's signed with NJPW). With that said, I expect Lee to be booked in Japan a lot next year from what I've heard so I don't know how often he'll be available anyway. He's likely going into a long feud with Hiromu over the junior title.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Shane Taylor "confirmed" that he is leaving ROH:

https://twitter.com/shane216taylor/stat ... 6578180100
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

good and long run with the tv tittle for him...improve a lot his skills, in the end i really dont understand his storyline if he is really leaving anyway..
Montana

Post by Montana »

The whole Shane Taylor thing is sooo odd to me. From what it seems like... ROH booking loved him, keeping him as champ for 6-9 months, building him up , elevating his character , and game. ROH management seems to have made up their mind a long time ago, basically thinking he's a waste. and/or wanting to move the company in a fresh direction with new talent.

Either way, they need to get on the same sheet, as it seems like Shane was a guy ROH booking was planning on keeping.

Now, (that Greg's text have leaked) Shane's leaving and they've wasted all this time building up Taylor. Not a good look, especially with all the other talent that's probably leaving.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Montana wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:13 am

Now, (that Greg's text have leaked) Shane's leaving and they've wasted all this time building up Taylor. Not a good look, especially with all the other talent that's probably leaving.
Pretty much all the storylines seem to fizzle into a waste these days.

If he's truly gone, then that's too bad. I really liked how he improved over the past couple of years and the Shane Taylor promotions story line could have been an interesting one

On an unrelated note, I'm sad to see Colt Cabana finished up with the company. I enjoyed his commentary but do feel that they could have used him more in the ring. At least he's getting to do that in NWA though.