ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I have heard the money is available to roh but joe likes saving money for sinclair I wonder if joe gets a bonus or something at the end of year for saving money for sinclair and running roh on a tight budget
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:55 pm
Memphis Mark wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:37 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:23 pm a President who won an election via the electoral college

I’ve been trying so hard to not enter this nonsense discussion, but... that’s literally how all presidents win elections in the United States...
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

EvanKnight wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:48 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:55 pm
Memphis Mark wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:37 pm

I’ve been trying so hard to not enter this nonsense discussion, but... that’s literally how all presidents win elections in the United States...
Yes, I am aware. But almost always, the popular vote also sides with the electoral college.
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:43 pm I have heard the money is available to roh but joe likes saving money for sinclair I wonder if joe gets a bonus or something at the end of year for saving money for sinclair and running roh on a tight budget
a wrestler just choose to sign with roh instead of nxt...what are you talking about?
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

I find it fascinating that AEW crew left RoH due to Sinclair's politics and not because they found a rich wrestling fan who'd like to run his own fed with them as the core of it.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:06 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:52 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:15 am

Hammer, thanks for supplying this info. I generally didn’t know much about him beyond Fox and his partnership with scumbag Roger Ailes with Fox News. You hit a key point in that he hid his racism well with the fox network. Thanks for sharing this perspective and furthering my own knowledge.
No worries man, having read a number of books, seen numerous interviews etc on the issue of Hillsborough it's something that is close to my heart as any outward tragerdy can be. It was something that not only affected a football club and the families that suffered so much loss but the everything that paper printed also affected an entire city and how many people in this country viewed them. It made life in Liverpool very difficult for many as the stain lingered for many years, until very recently when the truth of the matter was finally found out. Overall it made me very aware of the Sun as a newspaper and then Murdouch as a person and his generally views of life and his political motivations. He is far too aware of what a general low lying populous thinks about that I can only take away that he feels the same way, he is the type of person that would allow a paper to create hate where there needed to be any. He is or has been a very dangerous man in the media for a long time and even though he may not be what Sinclair is right now, the world in generall would be much better without people like him.

I will find it interesting if Trump is seen to be loosing his next ellection and wether or not Sinclair changes tack and becomes less politically motivated and far more general it is product. It's why I feel they are trying to aquire so many sports orientated stations they can see a need to change the perception of them and without the need to promote a president anymore it will be much easier. I hope we both finally see out blonde haired muppet heads of state vanish away.

Have you seen the Showtime bioseries on Roger Ailes? Interesting look at Murdoch's role in the conservative and simply put racist publicity Fox News creates.

I don't think Sinclair will minimize rhetoric if Trump loses, I actually think they'll double down on the "liberal agenda" and do so through those sports stations. Their perception is so toxic, and it's going to take a 2000% turnaround and a house cleaning corporate-wise to even begin a public trend in positive thought.

The mere notion of a Trump loss seems so far out of reach sadly. I absolutely adore a couple of the candidates on the democratic side but I don't know if they have the street cred or cult behind them Trump has manufactured.
The series is just about to start over here this month, I've been wanting to see it, since I saw the adverisement for it.

Yeah I can see either happening that's for sure, I just wonder if they find having their purchase of stations being affected by such negativity as well as share pricing dropping a bigger issue than having a complete buffon in office that may share their political adjenda but is doing very little to help it.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

kovs27 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:46 am I swear it was reported earlier this year that PCO got 2 years.
Out of curiosity on this subject and found an article from March that PCO did say he is signed for 1 year. His contract ends on December 1st.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/ ... oh-651498/
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

kovs27 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:21 am
kovs27 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:46 am I swear it was reported earlier this year that PCO got 2 years.
Out of curiosity on this subject and found an article from March that PCO did say he is signed for 1 year. His contract ends on December 1st.

There are bigger names that could be leaving that should be more of priority, especially when PCO's contract is so high, considering he is on close $200,000 you could save the money and build a much better roster all round with the money saved and in the end have much better matches on the card.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

BurningHammer wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:07 am
kovs27 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:21 am

There are bigger names that could be leaving that should be more of priority, especially when PCO's contract is so high, considering he is on close $200,000 you could save the money and build a much better roster all round with the money saved and in the end have much better matches on the card.
I agree. It was just bugging me because I swore I heard PCO say it was a 2 year deal.
AnHonorableMention

Lynx wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:31 am I find it fascinating that AEW crew left RoH due to Sinclair's politics and not because they found a rich wrestling fan who'd like to run his own fed with them as the core of it.
That’s not 100% of the reason but very much another part of the pile of reasons they left.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

BurningHammer wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:05 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:06 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:52 am

No worries man, having read a number of books, seen numerous interviews etc on the issue of Hillsborough it's something that is close to my heart as any outward tragerdy can be. It was something that not only affected a football club and the families that suffered so much loss but the everything that paper printed also affected an entire city and how many people in this country viewed them. It made life in Liverpool very difficult for many as the stain lingered for many years, until very recently when the truth of the matter was finally found out. Overall it made me very aware of the Sun as a newspaper and then Murdouch as a person and his generally views of life and his political motivations. He is far too aware of what a general low lying populous thinks about that I can only take away that he feels the same way, he is the type of person that would allow a paper to create hate where there needed to be any. He is or has been a very dangerous man in the media for a long time and even though he may not be what Sinclair is right now, the world in generall would be much better without people like him.

I will find it interesting if Trump is seen to be loosing his next ellection and wether or not Sinclair changes tack and becomes less politically motivated and far more general it is product. It's why I feel they are trying to aquire so many sports orientated stations they can see a need to change the perception of them and without the need to promote a president anymore it will be much easier. I hope we both finally see out blonde haired muppet heads of state vanish away.

Have you seen the Showtime bioseries on Roger Ailes? Interesting look at Murdoch's role in the conservative and simply put racist publicity Fox News creates.

I don't think Sinclair will minimize rhetoric if Trump loses, I actually think they'll double down on the "liberal agenda" and do so through those sports stations. Their perception is so toxic, and it's going to take a 2000% turnaround and a house cleaning corporate-wise to even begin a public trend in positive thought.

The mere notion of a Trump loss seems so far out of reach sadly. I absolutely adore a couple of the candidates on the democratic side but I don't know if they have the street cred or cult behind them Trump has manufactured.
The series is just about to start over here this month, I've been wanting to see it, since I saw the adverisement for it.

Yeah I can see either happening that's for sure, I just wonder if they find having their purchase of stations being affected by such negativity as well as share pricing dropping a bigger issue than having a complete buffon in office that may share their political adjenda but is doing very little to help it.

I am far from a Russell Crowe fan but he’s fantastic in his portrayal.
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

WON on PCO and ROH: "It can be confirmed that PCO signed a one-year deal that will be expiring relatively soon"
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

According to eck files gia scott impressed roh officials during her dark matches on the global wars tour so she might be signing to
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Lynx wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:31 am I find it fascinating that AEW crew left RoH due to Sinclair's politics and not because they found a rich wrestling fan who'd like to run his own fed with them as the core of it.
While I'm​ sure the money played a major, major factor in it, the opportunity to work for someone who's political bullshit doesn't affect you probably didn't hurt. AEW proudly promotes having a transgender wrestler on their roster. Would SBG entertain that with their political connections? Doubtful.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:25 pm
While I'm​ sure the money played a major, major factor in it, the opportunity to work for someone who's political bullshit doesn't affect you probably didn't hurt. AEW proudly promotes having a transgender wrestler on their roster. Would SBG entertain that with their political connections? Doubtful.
If you described the Dalton Castle character, most people would agree it's not the sort of thing Sinclair would go for. And yet, here we are.

Ian was wearing the rainbow pin during pride month. There are several lighthearted jokes about other males being attracted to Rhett Titus and nobody seems to be putting a stop to it.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

hey guys...where is anthony henry?
IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

famicommander wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:00 pm
If you described the Dalton Castle character, most people would agree it's not the sort of thing Sinclair would go for. And yet, here we are.

Ian was wearing the rainbow pin during pride month. There are several lighthearted jokes about other males being attracted to Rhett Titus and nobody seems to be putting a stop to it.
For what it is worth, there was/is full support of the pin and the Pride Month t-shirt that will be for sale in perpetuity unless we release a different one. Dalton and the Sea Stars at various times have adorned the Pride Flag on their gear, tights, entrance garb, etc.

It's not even a "do it and hope no one notices" - it is a "wouldn't be cool if?" and an "absolutely!" I would tell you if it was different.
AnHonorableMention

monster mafia wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:12 pm hey guys...where is anthony henry?
Not in ROH because the story wasn't accurate, I assume you missed that post and Conrad correcting himself on twitter.
Captain Podcast
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

IanRiccaboni wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:54 pm

For what it is worth, there was/is full support of the pin and the Pride Month t-shirt that will be for sale in perpetuity unless we release a different one. Dalton and the Sea Stars at various times have adorned the Pride Flag on their gear, tights, entrance garb, etc.

It's not even a "do it and hope no one notices" - it is a "wouldn't be cool if?" and an "absolutely!" I would tell you if it was different.
I didn't see a chunk of ROH episodes so it's I quite likely I missed you wearing the pin. I still believe that there is a difference in promoting the ficitious Dalton Castle character vs. actively promoting an actual transgender wrestler.
IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:16 pm
IanRiccaboni wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:54 pm

I didn't see a chunk of ROH episodes so it's I quite likely I missed you wearing the pin. I still believe that there is a difference in promoting the ficitious Dalton Castle character vs. actively promoting an actual transgender wrestler.
I've said this before and I'll say it again: not all folks who identify as LGBTQ+ choose to have that as part of their public identity and in my time in ROH all of those identities and more have been represented.