ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Thelone

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by Thelone »

Except it's been pretty clear that this growth had little to do with ROH proper, but was mostly because of NJPW/BC/Elite, which is why everything has been crumbling down since the Elite left to create AEW/New Japan is backing down of this partnership.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:22 pm
Lynx wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:48 pm You are really reaching with your posts.

Simpsons were always on Fox and somehow it didn't stop them from becoming a household brand. Somehow being owned by Sinclair didn't stop RoH from growing every year either till AEW happened. And how exactly is RoH attaching themselves to Sinclair? Sinclair owns RoH, it is not like they can pick up stuff and leave. Like, if Sinclair hadn't bought RoH then we probably wouldn't even have RoH now at all.

Major difference in between Murdoch owning the network and Sinclair openly campaigning for a racist criminal.
I do you do reconsider this stance, especially considering he owns or used to and run the hate filled and politically motivated shit stain that is the Sun Newspaper over here in the UK. It is a paper that has subjected people of colour, creed and nationality to the worst forms of human thought all done under the guise of 'oh it's the sun' we are a cheap paper with nude girls in it. Check out the lies they misinformed the public over with Liverpool football club and it's fans from the Hillsborough disaster, all done under his watch and there is more than enough proof to show communication between editors and Murdoch himself. Murdoch is one of the biggest pieces of shit walking on this earth, he just hides it seemingly well enough that people don't realise, although, Fox news might be a good idea of what he thought about the world in generally. He shouldn't get a by because someone might be worse.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Thelone wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:20 am Except it's been pretty clear that this growth had little to do with ROH proper, but was mostly because of NJPW/BC/Elite, which is why everything has been crumbling down since the Elite left to create AEW/New Japan is backing down of this partnership.
Nobody is arguing that it was sustainable.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:01 am
Lynx wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:48 pm You are really reaching with your posts.

Simpsons were always on Fox and somehow it didn't stop them from becoming a household brand. Somehow being owned by Sinclair didn't stop RoH from growing every year either till AEW happened. And how exactly is RoH attaching themselves to Sinclair? Sinclair owns RoH, it is not like they can pick up stuff and leave. Like, if Sinclair hadn't bought RoH then we probably wouldn't even have RoH now at all.

Major difference in between Murdoch owning the network and Sinclair openly campaigning for a racist criminal.
I do you to reconsider this stance, especially considering he owns or used and run the hate filled and politically motivated shit stain that is the Sun Newspaper over here in the UK. It is a paper that has subjected people of colour, creed and nationality to the worst forms of human thought all done under the guise of 'oh it's the sun' we are a cheap paper with nude girls in it. Check out the lies they misinformed the public on with Liverpool football club and it's fans over the Hillsborough disaster, all done under his watch and there is more than enough proof to show communication between editors and Murdoch himself. Murdoch is one of the biggest pieces of shit walking on this earth, he just hides in it seemingly well enough that people don't realise although, Fox news might be a good idea of what he thought about the world in generally. He shouldn't get a by because someone might be worse.
Hammer, thanks for supplying this info. I generally didn’t know much about him beyond Fox and his partnership with scumbag Roger Ailes with Fox News. You hit a key point in that he hid his racism well with the fox network. Thanks for sharing this perspective and furthering my own knowledge.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Pwinsider says Roh has signed session moth martina
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:15 am

I do you to reconsider this stance, especially considering he owns or used and run the hate filled and politically motivated shit stain that is the Sun Newspaper over here in the UK. It is a paper that has subjected people of colour, creed and nationality to the worst forms of human thought all done under the guise of 'oh it's the sun' we are a cheap paper with nude girls in it. Check out the lies they misinformed the public on with Liverpool football club and it's fans over the Hillsborough disaster, all done under his watch and there is more than enough proof to show communication between editors and Murdoch himself. Murdoch is one of the biggest pieces of shit walking on this earth, he just hides in it seemingly well enough that people don't realise although, Fox news might be a good idea of what he thought about the world in generally. He shouldn't get a by because someone might be worse.
Hammer, thanks for supplying this info. I generally didn’t know much about him beyond Fox and his partnership with scumbag Roger Ailes with Fox News. You hit a key point in that he hid his racism well with the fox network. Thanks for sharing this perspective and furthering my own knowledge.
No worries man, having read a number of books, seen numerous interviews etc on the issue of Hillsborough it's something that is close to my heart as any outward tragerdy can be. It was something that not only affected a football club and the families that suffered so much loss but the everything that paper printed also affected an entire city and how many people in this country viewed them. It made life in Liverpool very difficult for many as the stain lingered for many years, until very recently when the truth of the matter was finally found out. Overall it made me very aware of the Sun as a newspaper and then Murdouch as a person and his generally views of life and his political motivations. He is far too aware of what a general low lying populous thinks about that I can only take away that he feels the same way, he is the type of person that would allow a paper to create hate where there needed to be any. He is or has been a very dangerous man in the media for a long time and even though he may not be what Sinclair is right now, the world in generall would be much better without people like him.

I will find it interesting if Trump is seen to be loosing his next ellection and wether or not Sinclair changes tack and becomes less politically motivated and far more general it is product. It's why I feel they are trying to aquire so many sports orientated stations they can see a need to change the perception of them and without the need to promote a president anymore it will be much easier. I hope we both finally see out blonde haired muppet heads of state vanish away.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:35 am Pwinsider says Roh has signed session moth martina
If you want charachter or personality over pure wrestling talent there isn't much better than Martina, would put the Bouncers to shame with her drinking that's for sure.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I find it interesting that says Pwinsider martina turned down a deal with wwe to sign with Roh
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Irish female star Session Moth Martina has signed a full-time deal with Ring of Honor and will be appearing regularly for the company very shortly. We are told her ROH deal will allow her to continue to work for STARDOM in Japan and work independent dates in Europe.

Martina is a former ICW Women's Champion and has held the Over the Top Wrestling Women's Championship as well as the OTT Gender Neutral Championship.

WWE had been pursuing Martina of late, offering her a contract for the NXT UK brand, but Martina turned the deal down, choosing instead to sign with ROH.

Martina has been competing since 2011.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:05 am I find it interesting that says Pwinsider martina turned down a deal with wwe to sign with Roh
Good money and still having the chance to work all throughout Europe and Japan. ROH is going to be close to the best place you can work for European wrestlers.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

She's funny, but super gimmicky. Fits with what ROH likes nowadays. But the Allure is a big enough joke as it is. Now Kelly Klein has to wrestle Session Moth? Yikes. There's a ton of talented women wrestlers on those AWS shows and the other womens based indies. Weren't they bringing in chicks from Japan just last year? I remember a couple good womens matches last time they were in Vegas. What happened to that?
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

I have seen few of her matches from OTT shows and I think she is way better than KK. Thats not even counting in her comedy stuff.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

still some really good names available

Mercedes Martinez
Nicole Savoy
Kimber Lee
Indi Hartwell
Kris Statlander
Nicole Matthews

also karissa and tasha that are regular

martina have some buzz but they need better direction for the division.
AnHonorableMention

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:52 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:15 am

No worries man, having read a number of books, seen numerous interviews etc on the issue of Hillsborough it's something that is close to my heart as any outward tragerdy can be. It was something that not only affected a football club and the families that suffered so much loss but the everything that paper printed also affected an entire city and how many people in this country viewed them. It made life in Liverpool very difficult for many as the stain lingered for many years, until very recently when the truth of the matter was finally found out. Overall it made me very aware of the Sun as a newspaper and then Murdouch as a person and his generally views of life and his political motivations. He is far too aware of what a general low lying populous thinks about that I can only take away that he feels the same way, he is the type of person that would allow a paper to create hate where there needed to be any. He is or has been a very dangerous man in the media for a long time and even though he may not be what Sinclair is right now, the world in generall would be much better without people like him.

I will find it interesting if Trump is seen to be loosing his next ellection and wether or not Sinclair changes tack and becomes less politically motivated and far more general it is product. It's why I feel they are trying to aquire so many sports orientated stations they can see a need to change the perception of them and without the need to promote a president anymore it will be much easier. I hope we both finally see out blonde haired muppet heads of state vanish away.

Have you seen the Showtime bioseries on Roger Ailes? Interesting look at Murdoch's role in the conservative and simply put racist publicity Fox News creates.

I don't think Sinclair will minimize rhetoric if Trump loses, I actually think they'll double down on the "liberal agenda" and do so through those sports stations. Their perception is so toxic, and it's going to take a 2000% turnaround and a house cleaning corporate-wise to even begin a public trend in positive thought.

The mere notion of a Trump loss seems so far out of reach sadly. I absolutely adore a couple of the candidates on the democratic side but I don't know if they have the street cred or cult behind them Trump has manufactured.
Captain Podcast
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:23 pm
Memphis Mark wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:26 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:58 pm And now TNA has lapped ROH with the jump to AXS. Amazing how incompetent booking and having ownership from a Trump branded promotion can kill off a great company's chance to grow.
ROH has nothing to do with the President. SBGI being anti - progressive. has nothing to do with wrestling. These things are not even remotely connected . Vince and Linda are big Trump supporters , has not hurt the WWE.
LOL. SBG is a major negative into why companies like AEW exist. Anti-gay, racist, conservatives associated with the racist, criminal president who should be in jail is not a good look for a wrestling company not on top of their industry with no chance of being knocked off. ROH cannot afford any mistakes in culture.
Man. You are so wrong. You are merely giving your personal views not facts. Please stick to wrestling. I don't agree with anything you say , it is all wrong. Too bad you did not like the election results. Too bad. I got news for you , people in Tennesssee and Texas could care less for your " culture " Have a nice night , kid.
AnHonorableMention

Memphis Mark wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:37 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:23 pm
Memphis Mark wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:26 pm

ROH has nothing to do with the President. SBGI being anti - progressive. has nothing to do with wrestling. These things are not even remotely connected . Vince and Linda are big Trump supporters , has not hurt the WWE.
LOL. SBG is a major negative into why companies like AEW exist. Anti-gay, racist, conservatives associated with the racist, criminal president who should be in jail is not a good look for a wrestling company not on top of their industry with no chance of being knocked off. ROH cannot afford any mistakes in culture.
Man. You are so wrong. You are merely giving your personal views not facts. Please stick to wrestling. I don't agree with anything you say , it is all wrong. Too bad you did not like the election results. Too bad. I got news for you , people in Tennesssee and Texas could care less for your " culture " Have a nice night , kid.
Here's the reason America is in the shape it's in. Someone states a view point and is shouted down via temper tantrum. I think it's pretty much fact Sinclair is a right wing media organization who amps up a President who won an election via the electoral college who has criminal ties to multiple organizations and people in jail, under investigation, as well as has been under investigation himself.

Having grown up a in state slanted very much toward the conservative side, I actually am a proudly registered independent. I don't feel the need to label myself a democrat or republican. As for how it relates to professional wrestling, ROH doesn't pay enough for many to put aside their political viewpoints, where as WWE does. I am glad however, Tennessee(note the proper spelling), and Texas folk have room in their care meter to not care as much about my "culture" which unfortunately doesn't have gun regulation, mental health advocacy, free healthcare for all, or every vote that counts. You have a nice night as well, individual I don't know your age who doesn't have an open mind.
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

lets talk about wrestling.
AnHonorableMention

monster mafia wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:02 pm lets talk about wrestling.
Or we can practice the great thing known as free speech where dictating the conversation doesn't always stay on the same topic.
Captain Podcast
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

It's time to rein in the American politics here. Overall, I can sense a strain of really general conservatism underlying ROH, but I doubt there's anyone that would guess that it's parent owner is a far-right news network based on the shows alone. Even though a lot of people know SBG sucks, I rarely find wrestling fans who claim that as their primary issue with ROH over, like, basic booking issues.

I'm actually kind of psyched about the Martina signing! WOH right now needs twofold of every hierachal position in a division, and Martina is a great fit as an entertaining midcard performer who can also be heated as a title challenger when need be.
AnHonorableMention

Wilson wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:24 pm It's time to rein in the American politics here. Overall, I can sense a strain of really general conservatism underlying ROH, but I doubt there's anyone that would guess that it's parent owner is a far-right news network based on the shows alone. Even though a lot of people know SBG sucks, I rarely find wrestling fans who claim that as their primary issue with ROH over, like, basic booking issues.

I'm actually kind of psyched about the Martina signing! WOH right now needs twofold of every hierachal position in a division, and Martina is a great fit as an entertaining midcard performer who can also be heated as a title challenger when need be.
The biggest connection is talent that flat out refuses to work for Sinclair more so than fans. David Starr, Eddie Kingston, in particular outside of the entire AEW crew who have left because of Sinclair's views and who they have running the wrestling side.
Captain Podcast