ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Memphis Mark

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by Memphis Mark »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:58 pm And now TNA has lapped ROH with the jump to AXS. Amazing how incompetent booking and having ownership from a Trump branded promotion can kill off a great company's chance to grow.
ROH has nothing to do with the President. SBGI being anti - progressive. has nothing to do with wrestling. These things are not even remotely connected . Vince and Linda are big Trump supporters , has not hurt the WWE.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:06 pm If axs does own roh hdnet footage that means impact now owns the roh footage
What?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

People have said axs which used to be hdnet might own the roh footage when it aired on hdnet if that is true anthem/impact now owns Roh footage that aired when roh was on hdnet
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

People said...ok.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I assume ROH owns the footage as it's on Honorclub. Wouldn't expect any issues with Impact/ROH.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Montana wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:04 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:58 pm And now TNA has lapped ROH with the jump to AXS. Amazing how incompetent booking and having ownership from a Trump branded promotion can kill off a great company's chance to grow.
Ironically i just upped my cable package today to include AXS, and before the announcement i was kind of pissed i didn't have Pursuit (after figuring out what channel they were on now). Glad to hear they should be on AXS soon.

In terms of Impact lapping ROH i wouldn't go there just yet. ROH has about 10 guys i'd rather have on my roster before i take 1 from Impact. In terms of a product, i also prefer ROH and even MLW better.
Direct TV doesn't have BeIn Sports anymore which is a shame because I have every channel under the sun and moon it seems. Impact is not something I watch regularly although I do talk to people who work there. Everyone is pretty excited. Nice to see a united roster and staff make a move to get ahead.

New Japan is now in a very interesting spot as to whom they utilize as their American partner.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Memphis Mark wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:26 pm
ROH has nothing to do with the President. SBGI being anti - progressive. has nothing to do with wrestling. These things are not even remotely connected . Vince and Linda are big Trump supporters , has not hurt the WWE.
LOL. SBG is a major negative into why companies like AEW exist. Anti-gay, racist, conservatives associated with the racist, criminal president who should be in jail is not a good look for a wrestling company not on top of their industry with no chance of being knocked off. ROH cannot afford any mistakes in culture.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Is far is new japan I think they want to be doing things solo and it sucks for Roh in a way because everyone going to be talked about in October except roh
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:19 pm People have said axs which used to be hdnet might own the roh footage when it aired on hdnet if that is true anthem/impact now owns Roh footage that aired when roh was on hdnet
Every time I read his posts, I just shake my head. Eventually my neck is gonna break.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Montana wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:13 pm I assume ROH owns the footage as it's on Honorclub. Wouldn't expect any issues with Impact/ROH.
Sinclair 1000% owns the footage.
Captain Podcast
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:23 pm
LOL. SBG is a major negative into why companies like AEW exist. Anti-gay, racist, conservatives associated with the racist, criminal president who should be in jail is not a good look for a wrestling company not on top of their industry with no chance of being knocked off. ROH cannot afford any mistakes in culture.
Oh please. Rupert Murdoch is a big time conservative. He owns the Fox Network. Fox has been airing "The Simpsons" for three decades. "The Simpsons" has had guest appearances by dozens of liberal celebrities who hate Murdoch. I don't know if Janeane Garofalo or Keith Olbermann or Susan Sarandon got paid for their cameos, but they didn't get Murdoch's money, they at least got on his airwaves.
AnHonorableMention

Reaper G wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:49 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:23 pm

Oh please. Rupert Murdoch is a big time conservative. He owns the Fox Network. Fox has been airing "The Simpsons" for three decades. "The Simpsons" has had guest appearances by dozens of liberal celebrities who hate Murdoch. I don't know if Janeane Garofalo or Keith Olbermann or Susan Sarandon got paid for their cameos, but they didn't get Murdoch's money, they at least got on his airwaves.
Again, established brand with built in never going away audience vs. what's left of ROH's fans. Attaching yourself to a morally bankrupt philosophy driven by people who belong in prison is a bad idea. It's why people have left and will leave.
Captain Podcast
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

You are really reaching with your posts.

Simpsons were always on Fox and somehow it didn't stop them from becoming a household brand. Somehow being owned by Sinclair didn't stop RoH from growing every year either till AEW happened. And how exactly is RoH attaching themselves to Sinclair? Sinclair owns RoH, it is not like they can pick up stuff and leave. Like, if Sinclair hadn't bought RoH then we probably wouldn't even have RoH now at all.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:19 pm
Montana wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:04 pm
Ironically i just upped my cable package today to include AXS, and before the announcement i was kind of pissed i didn't have Pursuit (after figuring out what channel they were on now). Glad to hear they should be on AXS soon.

In terms of Impact lapping ROH i wouldn't go there just yet. ROH has about 10 guys i'd rather have on my roster before i take 1 from Impact. In terms of a product, i also prefer ROH and even MLW better.
Direct TV doesn't have BeIn Sports anymore which is a shame because I have every channel under the sun and moon it seems. Impact is not something I watch regularly although I do talk to people who work there. Everyone is pretty excited. Nice to see a united roster and staff make a move to get ahead.

New Japan is now in a very interesting spot as to whom they utilize as their American partner.
I don't think this changes anything in terms of NJPW's US partner. NJPW's TV show has already been airing on Fight Network in Canada (as does ROH), so it's not like NJPW airing on a platform owned by Anthem is anything new.

Further, Impact presently works with both AAA and Pro Wrestling NOAH.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

also remember guys njpw and noah hate each other.
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

monster mafia wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:35 pm also remember guys njpw and noah hate each other.
Impact would drop NOAH so fast you’d get whiplash from your head spinning if it meant a deal with NJPW (let MLW have NOAH). AAA would likely be the issue
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Well think njpw would take it's chances and leave axs and either buy their own network or find a better station because njpw has a better track record
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NJPW cannot buy a cable TV network.

They will almost definitely stay on AXS. Anthem already broadcasts NJPW TV and ROH TV in Canada.
AnHonorableMention

Lynx wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:48 pm You are really reaching with your posts.

Simpsons were always on Fox and somehow it didn't stop them from becoming a household brand. Somehow being owned by Sinclair didn't stop RoH from growing every year either till AEW happened. And how exactly is RoH attaching themselves to Sinclair? Sinclair owns RoH, it is not like they can pick up stuff and leave. Like, if Sinclair hadn't bought RoH then we probably wouldn't even have RoH now at all.

Major difference in between Murdoch owning the network and Sinclair openly campaigning for a racist criminal.
Captain Podcast
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

So why was RoH still growing till AEW happened?