ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

It seems sinclair and koff is happy where their at I think joe needs to be replaced along with delirious I think have billy corgan is head of creative with Dave lagana below and the rest of the team can be joey mercury kevin eck and if he needs to be around only make bully a consultant
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

when you dont see roh as a good platform and think it hurts your appeal in the long run...then you have a great problem

just wow.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Enzo and Cass really killed ROH momentum. Gotta be top 3 dumbests creative decisions ever.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

AlexROH wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:26 pm Enzo and Cass really killed ROH momentum. Gotta be top 3 dumbests creative decisions ever.
No one will really ever know what the cost of that decision may have been, though the G1 Supercard show seems now more than ever a culmination of a run for ROH. The audience that is emerging alongside AEW is practically absorbing so ROH's fanbase and the imagination of general English-speaking wrestling fans.

I'm very much of two minds about ROH's direction from here: to either accept a shrinking from a boom period and keep staking out what's next or to try something drastic to protect themselves from a seismic audience contraction.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AlexROH wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:26 pm Enzo and Cass really killed ROH momentum. Gotta be top 3 dumbests creative decisions ever.
Yeah it really was, the whole show showed ROH at its worst and it’s been a massive headache ever since.

What I will say is I’m not seeing any slowing down from talent as a whole, in fact there seems to be more intensity from many which is either a huge credit to everyone’s professionalism or the locker room really isn’t feeling too bad.

I don’t think bringing Corgan is any answer to this apart from buying the company but I don’t think that’s going to happen and really isn’t for the best. I think something that’s really interesting is that all three of the longest running promotions are struggling for a variety of reasons. It might just be the cycle of things and with two new promotions starting without any baggage it is just making everything a lot worse.

This might blow over and there could be some casualties along the way like Bully Ray (I would hope) if not it could mean the end or even a new beginning.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Wilson wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:32 pm
No one will really ever know what the cost of that decision may have been, though the G1 Supercard show seems now more than ever a culmination of a run for ROH.
Totally agree with this. During 2017-2018, ROH was selling out every arena, they became The Elite's company. After they left (tbh, from September to December of 2018 crowds weren't as big as they used to), ROH tried something different. During the first months of the year they were doing things good, crowds were smaller, but I thought they were gonna find a new/diferent fanbase.

G1 Supercard was the moment to do what they do best and specially, what they've done in tons of PPVs, put on a wrestling show in front of their biggest crowd ever and in a show with tons of new eyes on it. Insted of just doing the matches and present a strong under/midcard, they ruined everything with stupid segements and bad ""entertaiment":

- The Allure segment
- The Mega Ran/Bully/Pre-Street Fight segment
- ENZO AND FUKIN CASS

Without that, ROH would have avoid the bad press. I mean, NJPW was always gonna get the best and biggest matches, but at least people wouldn't be so unhappy with your part. They did everything they dont usually do on the biggest stage... And they fail. Man, even I felt like shit after the Enzo/Cass thing, it was like, man, I've done all this long travel to NYC to see how ROH books a segment that goes against the principles and valures that ROH was built on.

They are now in a really bad moment, not regarding booking or even match quality, but from a brand perspective. In an era where people can watch everything, they aren't a thing. I mean, they are not the work rate promotion, nor the super indie with the dream cards nor that underground company with that special feel. They've become just a company and they dont know what to do to get all the people back.

I dont know what is gonna happen, but seeing Philly, Baltimore, Chicago and specially NYC tickets sales so low... Idk what to think, imagine running a show in a almost empty Hammerstein. From 2013 to 2018, they sold out Hammerstein every show and even with weeks/month of advantage, and that's even before The Elite period.

I enjoy the wrestling, but the feeling around the company is in the lowest level in recent memory and they really need some kind of re-branding. The sad part? I'm sure the office lives in their own bubble and they are not gonna do a thing. That's probably the saddest part. Koff loves Delirious, so creative isnt gonna chnage. Bully has tons of power, so he isnt gonna leave. And when Koff retires, Sinclair is gonna name a COO that doesnt love or care about wrestling.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I don't believe koff really knows how to run a company specially a wrestling company he not motivated to do anything and he gives the same answers in every interview he does and I have heard there is money to roh to grow but he doesn't want to use it for some reason
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:23 pm I don't believe koff really knows how to run a company specially a wrestling company he not motivated to do anything and he gives the same answers in every interview he does and I have heard there is money to roh to grow but he doesn't want to use it for some reason
He has an entire corporation to answer to. I am not a Joe Koff fan, but let's not blame this entire failure spasm on him. It's not his money.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:52 am It seems sinclair and koff is happy where their at I think joe needs to be replaced along with delirious I think have billy corgan is head of creative with Dave lagana below and the rest of the team can be joey mercury kevin eck and if he needs to be around only make bully a consultant
Dave Lagana is one thing but if you think Billy is doing anything besides funding the NWA you are mistaken. Lagana, probably isn't the best option either considering how tied in he is with various projects. You need someone to take on the job and make it their life. That's hard to come by. Which is all the more reason people like Chris Daniels should have been kept around to continue the lineage once you rid yourself of Delirious, Joey, and Bubba Ray. All 3 are clueless.
Captain Podcast
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Per PWinsider, Gresham has come to terms on a new contract and will take a bigger role in the Dojo

Plus Maria Mainiac has also signed, adding to Lady Frost also, it looks like they are finally giving the women's division a much needed injection of talent.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

gresham stays thank god.

good news about woh.
Captain_44

Post by Captain_44 »

Juice isn't coming back and the article on main page said New Japan talent didn't want to work ROH and felt it was a step down. To me just my opinion. They're unhappy with direction IMO. It is time for a booking overhaul.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Good news with Gresham. I hope we get that Lethal and Gresham tag run. Hope ROH can continue to lock up some more talent.

I like Juice, but i think he's missing a good opportunity. Look at a majority of the NJPW in ROH over the past few years, Jay White, Ropongi 3K/ Tempura Boys, Evil, Takahashi, all return to NJPW with great success. It's not like he's Okada or Niato, and not like he was a major star in the US prior to NJPW. Guess whatever floats his boat though.
Captain_44

Post by Captain_44 »

I agree on Juice. He is missing out. But imo there's more to this imo.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

María Manic will be great. She destroying The Allure is something I'd buy.

Hope we can get a Gresham title run.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I think we could add Tasha Steelz to the list of contracted talent and maybe Karissa Rivera, if they do come in full time it's def a start to rebuilding to the roster with the others.

If they can bring in Kris Stadtlander and a couple of others that is something to be happy with.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:13 am I think we could add Tasha Steelz to the list of contracted talent and maybe Karissa Rivera, if they do come in full time it's def a start to rebuilding to the roster with the others.

If they can bring in Kris Stadtlander and a couple of others that is something to be happy with.
At least two of those three will in WWE by year end.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

If ROH can have them for a few months, it’s still a shot and helps for a short term and if one signs then great.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

oh yeah wwe with 23455 womens on the roster..really nice.

fuck nxt.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Meltzer reported juice told roh officials that he was upset about reports that he didn't want to work for roh anymore it sounds like the wrestling community is turned on roh because aew is around and people could be making up stuff to make Roh look bad