ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by famicommander »

I would have liked to see Best Friends get a title run. Not a huge loss because they weren't consistently featured as a big act, but I am a fan.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

With her being BJ Whitmer's squeeze and dropping the WOH title, do you think Kelly Klein may be out the door headed to AEW?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

dhads7161 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:29 pm With her being BJ Whitmer's squeeze and dropping the WOH title, do you think Kelly Klein may be out the door headed to AEW?
Seems possible. Do we know when her contract expires?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Klein just signed a contract. I don't see why she losing the title means she's leaving. Not every title reign has to be 300 days long and it makes a lot of sense ROH wanting Mayu as a champ, at least for some months, going into the Garden to elevate the division, possibly, until the return of Tenille.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

AlexROH wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:52 am Klein just signed a contract. I don't see why she losing the title means she's leaving.
Just because of who she's romantically linked to. I think that it's fair speculation considering BJ left on seemingly bad terms.
Big Red Machine

AlexROH wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:52 am Klein just signed a contract. I don't see why she losing the title means she's leaving. Not every title reign has to be 300 days long and it makes a lot of sense ROH wanting Mayu as a champ, at least for some months, going into the Garden to elevate the division, possibly, until the return of Tenille.
I don't follow your logic that having Mayu as champion will somehow "elevate the division."

No, not every reign has to be 300 days, but if Mayu is not going to be with ROH full-time (or even at least most of the time) then putting the belt on her for any extended period of time makes no sense. This is not the Morishima with the ROH World Title because the WOH belt does not have the built-up cache of history behind it that the world title did at that time. What the WOH Title needs right now is visibility, with solid storylines and **** title defenses. Mayu not being around to defend the belt is counter-productive. And if she's getting a short title reign then that, too, is counter-productive, as the idea Camp Klein's interference being something LifeBlood surely has issue with and the whole "mystery attacker" angle is a built-in storyline to set up Kelly dropping the belt to Tenille when Tenille is ready to return, so taking the belt off of Kelly only get in the way of that.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

"What the WOH Title needs right now is visibility"

thats why they give mayu ( one of the best womens wrestlers in the world) the belt.

"Mayu not being around to defend the belt is counter-productive."

we dont know that yet.
Big Red Machine

monster mafia wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:10 am "What the WOH Title needs right now is visibility"

thats why they give mayu ( one of the best womens wrestlers in the world) the belt.

She can have all the ****3/4 matches she wants. But if they don't happen in ROH or aren't shown on ROH's TV then it's not getting the title any visibility. And please don't say that she'd be making the title more visible in Japan because that's completely irrelevant if ROH is only going to run Japan once a year.
monster mafia wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:10 am "Mayu not being around to defend the belt is counter-productive."

we dont know that yet.
You are correct that we don't know this yet, but if she were, one would think they would have announced some dates today.
Based on their website, STARDOM appears to be off until April, but even if Mayu is around as champion and drops the belt WM weekend, I still don't think it helps the belt that much because it doesn't build up faith in the women are going to be staying behind that they can have those great matches without her (and that's assuming that ROH even gives her the time to have worthwhile matches. According to ROH's own website, this big match pitting ROH's best against STARDOM's best and resulting in a world title change went a mere ten minutes).
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i hope we can see mayu vs tenille in the garden...i dont know about tenille injury status but that needs to be the match.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Correct me if i'm wrong but Shane Strickland has not signed anywhere yet. And it sounds like Joe Hendry sounds like he's a free agent now from impact as well. Wonder where they will end up.
Montana

Post by Montana »

So LSG renews his ROH contract, and Madison Rayne leaves it looks like. A loss to the WOH group, but i say no sense having her be exclusive if she's rarely used.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

He talented but should retire because he gets injured too much
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

supersonic wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:44 am http://dlvr.it/R1Jzxg
That's too bad. He hasn't had a great role, though, after Alex Shelley retired.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I feel like there's an alternate universe where AJ Styles signed with WWE developmental in 2001 and Sabin ends up one of the biggest stars in the world in 2019. I feel like he was always criminally under rated because everything he did, AJ was better at. The Chavo to AJ's Eddie.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so tenille is gone or what?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

So Cobb dropped the NEVER Openweight Title to Taichi at Wrestling Dontaku Night 1. Wonder if he's having Lucha Underground issues and he may drop the ROH Television Title in short order? Lucha Underground really needs to push off if so. I can understand their beef with companies using people like Mack, Ryan, Ivelisse, Penta as they're not really different gimmicks outside LU. But like Thuder Rosa and Cobb are under completely different gimmicks than they are in LU.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

On a related note to your latter point, Willie Mack has signed with Impact.
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

dhads7161 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:57 pm So Cobb dropped the NEVER Openweight Title to Taichi at Wrestling Dontaku Night 1. Wonder if he's having Lucha Underground issues and he may drop the ROH Television Title in short order? Lucha Underground really needs to push off if so. I can understand their beef with companies using people like Mack, Ryan, Ivelisse, Penta as they're not really different gimmicks outside LU. But like Thuder Rosa and Cobb are under completely different gimmicks than they are in LU.
I think it’s less about the gimmicks and more about ROH being partners with AAA rival CMLL. Same deal as New Japan not wanting their talent working Impact (despite guys like DBS Jr and Elgin wanting to) because they’re a rival of ROH.

If Cobb can’t get out of the LU deal, he probably will have to drop the TV belt.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

There was an update with regards to the Cobb LU contract situation in that he will be free from the contract in a short time.

It maybe more to do with Cobb possibly signing with AEW. I had wondered about for a while after he signed with a certain management company that deals with a lot those guys. I don’t know if he has ever had a new Japan deal and his original ROH one is up soon.