ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by monster mafia »

Silas Young, 39 years-old and ROH have come to terms on a new three-year deal that will keep him with the company at least through January 2022.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=122164
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Great newsss!!
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

rovert1 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:38 am I will say there's another departure too. But it is more lower card and doesn't make much difference in the grand scheme of things.
Who?
WHG

Post by WHG »

I may be way off base on this, but it feels like the sudden Elite departures are a work of sorts. Cody announcing FB as his last ROH match weeks ago is what made me think of it.

By all accounts Cody and the Bucks a)Have a pretty solid relationship with ROH management; and b)View the industry much differently from a black and white “we’re not working here anymore so we can start our own thing” mentality.

My theory is that some combination of Cody, the Bucks and Paige win the titles at FB and run a reverse invasion angle where they’re starting their own promotion and taking the titles with them.

To be clear, I do believe that AEW is real and that they aren’t signing new deals...but think they’ve agreed to this storyline as a way to launch their new promotion (kind of a reverse invasion storyline) over the next year. Why wouldn’t they want to continue to use that platform to promote their new venture...while also earning a regular paycheck before their promotion gets underway?

Koff openly talking about them leaving ahead of Final Battle seems fishy as well. Why would he admit his title matches are almost certain to turn out a certain way?

As I said, I could be way off (and it’s a crazy theory), but I think we could be in for a ROH vs. Elite/AEW angle dominating the creative in 2019.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

WHG wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:44 pm I may be way off base on this, but it feels like the sudden Elite departures are a work of sorts. Cody announcing FB as his last ROH match weeks ago is what made me think of it.

By all accounts Cody and the Bucks a)Have a pretty solid relationship with ROH management; and b)View the industry much differently from a black and white “we’re not working here anymore so we can start our own thing” mentality.

My theory is that some combination of Cody, the Bucks and Paige win the titles at FB and run a reverse invasion angle where they’re starting their own promotion and taking the titles with them.

To be clear, I do believe that AEW is real and that they aren’t signing new deals...but think they’ve agreed to this storyline as a way to launch their new promotion (kind of a reverse invasion storyline) over the next year. Why wouldn’t they want to continue to use that platform to promote their new venture...while also earning a regular paycheck before their promotion gets underway?

Koff openly talking about them leaving ahead of Final Battle seems fishy as well. Why would he admit his title matches are almost certain to turn out a certain way?

As I said, I could be way off (and it’s a crazy theory), but I think we could be in for a ROH vs. Elite/AEW angle dominating the creative in 2019.
This... actually makes a lot of sense. You're right that it's completely out of character for such things to be talked about so openly, and I could definitely see Delirious being desperate enough to agree to something like this just to get some more dates out of these guys.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

that could be awesome...good scenario right there
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

WHG wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:44 pm I may be way off base on this, but it feels like the sudden Elite departures are a work of sorts. Cody announcing FB as his last ROH match weeks ago is what made me think of it.

Certainly possible until a TV deal is in place. Nothing would shock me but the only way to present this with credibility to is make Koff or Delirious an on screen part of ROH management and I can't imagine anyone wants to see that or do that(Koff/Delirious not wanting the authority role)
Captain Podcast
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:36 pm

Certainly possible until a TV deal is in place. Nothing would shock me but the only way to present this with credibility to is make Koff or Delirious an on screen part of ROH management and I can't imagine anyone wants to see that or do that(Koff/Delirious not wanting the authority role)
They've already done it with Koff in the Bully Ray story.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

It's something I've been thinking about and talked with others about for a while, It wouldn't surprise me if all three titles changed over to the Elite. I think having that moment would certainly add alot to the aftermath of the PPV and everything coming in the future. I've always been surprised that Cody has been so open to say that this is his last date, because it just takes any drama or feeling out of the match and if he learnt anything from his dad the build is the most important thing.

This is where you can also have ROH bring in more guys to defeat the Elite thus adding to your roster in the process. I'd be warry of trying to portray them as heals within ROH because their popularity would just burn ROH in that scenario, just have that they beat everyone bar say Coast to Coast and have them be the guys the beat the Young Bucks for the title to really put them over as a team and cement them in ROH
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I dont see this happening. Cody and the Bucks have a good relationship with the company and Koff talked about that bc he would have looked stupid if he didnt admit that they are leaving since everybody knows It.

Plus, they are spending money on new deals and talent, so I dont see this storyline happening.

Also, if AEW have a lot of money behind and a big tv deal, why would you Showcase talent that isn't under contract on your shows? This isn't 2006 and aew isn't czw, IMO
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I could see Koff in a desperate state needing to ink his champions to a contract as a major angle for the Philly TV episodes. Maybe make the final episode of those tapings end with the four turning ultra babyface and putting over ROH huge about "Oh, we were never serious about leaving, we want to stay here for what ROH has done for us and for what we've done for them." And "sign contracts" to close the episode.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

Not happening.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I've pretty much accepted that the Elite are gone but I hope this isn't the end of SCU in ROH. Especially Daniels. That dude belongs here.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

famicommander wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:51 pm I've pretty much accepted that the Elite are gone but I hope this isn't the end of SCU in ROH. Especially Daniels. That dude belongs here.
They are leaving. For sure Daniels and Kaz.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:03 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:36 pm

They've already done it with Koff in the Bully Ray story.
Minimal appearances are one thing but this type of angle would require a lot of work and verbal effort. It's a featured act, not some fat schlub who has no business being on TV anywhere in 2018.
Captain Podcast
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

WWE are interested in KUSHIDA and Karen Q.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Vía PWI:

Ring of Honor has hired former WWE Creative team member Kevin Eck full-time going forward. Eck had been working on material for the ROH website and other content on a part-time basis.

Matt Winchester aka Beer City Bruiser noted the following on his Facebook page on 12/3: "Excited to share what I have in store for 2019 after my contract expires Dec. 31!" One would think that would mean Winchester is departing but there's always a chance his deal will expire and he'll keep working for the company on a nightly basis, which we've heard is a possibility for some of the deals that are expiring at the end of the year. There was talk a few months ago that WWE had interest in Winchester.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

They are expanding their creative team
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Add Milonas to that and I'm happy.