ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
rovert

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by rovert »

Hate to burst bubbles but Kyle/EVOLVE was more an issue with Gabe's end than Kyle's. Also Fish has spoke to EVOLVE.

I've stated numerous times why Kyle isn't taking many bookings yet people ignore me and indulge in rampant nonsense even earnestly replying roque11. Kyle has been looking his health and family. It is as simple as that.
King of Indy Style wrote:I'd love to believe that, because I am a big fan of O'Reilly's and I'd like to watch him wrestle more, but If he doesn't go up to the 'E, I'd be shocked.
We get it already you hate WWE.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

rovert wrote:Hate to burst bubbles but Kyle/EVOLVE was more an issue with Gabe's end than Kyle's. Also Fish has spoke to EVOLVE.

I've stated numerous times why Kyle isn't taking many bookings yet people ignore me and indulge in rampant nonsense even earnestly replying roque11. Kyle has been looking his health and family. It is as simple as that.
King of Indy Style wrote:I'd love to believe that, because I am a big fan of O'Reilly's and I'd like to watch him wrestle more, but If he doesn't go up to the 'E, I'd be shocked.
It's not bursting anyone's bubble it's just discussion possibilities about what the issue could be, you may not have figured it out but not all are clued into everything that goes on, plus many of us don't necessarily care enough to know.

Personally I didn't want to speculate about his health because it isn't my business and it isn't something to be taken lightly considering the illness and the business he is in.

It would make sense for involved to with each other,
Brada

Post by Brada »

Kyle has been looking his health and family. It is as simple as that.

Health and family?

What exactly are his issues? He isn't injured. Does he have a dying family member?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Brada wrote:Kyle has been looking his health and family. It is as simple as that.

Health and family?

What exactly are his issues? He isn't injured. Does he have a dying family member?
He's diabetic, which he has said in the past occasionally presents him with some challenges to his wrestling career.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

rev pro "partner of roh"

that day is WAR OF THE WORLDS TOUR in TORONTO too.

so no marty in that show?? mmm

AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Oh men, that sucks! I mean, this match will be awesome, but I really wanted to see Marty vs some New Japan guys... :cry:

Again, just like it happened in February with the Honor Rising shows, Marty will be wrestling in the United Kingdom. RevPro always book their wrestlers with months of anticipation, but c'mon, it's WOTW !

The "good" part of this is that Toronto's show is the first one. So Marty could travel to the States for Dearborn (May the 10th), the PPV at NYC and the tapings at Philly (12 and 14th of May).
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

I guess we now know why ROH is letting their talent leave.

They're about to sell out.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Sean Radican of the Torch is calling bullshit on the WWE/ROH report.

Keep in mind though, Ryan Satin has a pretty spotless record while Radican was wrong on two pretty big stories in the past year.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

kyle for sports illustrated

SI.com: Why is Kyle O’Reilly no longer working for Ring of Honor? And is there ever a chance that we will see you in WWE or NXT?

O’Reilly: As a professional, I am always looking for new experiences and challenges. Ring of Honor was a place where I grew and found myself as a performer. However, in order to develop myself further as an artist, it was time to move on. After seven years with the company, their platform was no longer conducive to my artistic growth and my creativity.

For me to fully experience this industry I would certainly hope there’s a chance for me at WWE. I am open to all opportunities should they come my way and a chance to prove myself as a world-class athlete. There are many talented performers within that company I would be excited to work with and many proficient minds I would be grateful to learn from should the opportunity ever arise.

SI.com: People are invested in Kyle O’Reilly and Bobby Fish as singles talent, but also extremely invested in the two of you together as reDRagon. What has Bobby meant to you in your career? And will reDRagon ever team together again?

O’Reilly: Bobby is an extremely close friend, mentor, and a tremendous tag-team partner. We’ve set such a high standard for ourselves and for the quality of reDRagon’s matches that we’ve always pushed each other to be better all-around pro wrestlers. I don’t think anyone has seen the last reDRagon match and there is always the chance we will pop up again somewhere. I can almost guarantee it…
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

monster mafia wrote:kyle for sports illustrated

SI.com: Why is Kyle O’Reilly no longer working for Ring of Honor? And is there ever a chance that we will see you in WWE or NXT?

O’Reilly: As a professional, I am always looking for new experiences and challenges. Ring of Honor was a place where I grew and found myself as a performer. However, in order to develop myself further as an artist, it was time to move on. After seven years with the company, their platform was no longer conducive to my artistic growth and my creativity.

For me to fully experience this industry I would certainly hope there’s a chance for me at WWE. I am open to all opportunities should they come my way and a chance to prove myself as a world-class athlete. There are many talented performers within that company I would be excited to work with and many proficient minds I would be grateful to learn from should the opportunity ever arise.

SI.com: People are invested in Kyle O’Reilly and Bobby Fish as singles talent, but also extremely invested in the two of you together as reDRagon. What has Bobby meant to you in your career? And will reDRagon ever team together again?

O’Reilly: Bobby is an extremely close friend, mentor, and a tremendous tag-team partner. We’ve set such a high standard for ourselves and for the quality of reDRagon’s matches that we’ve always pushed each other to be better all-around pro wrestlers. I don’t think anyone has seen the last reDRagon match and there is always the chance we will pop up again somewhere. I can almost guarantee it…
This is now the third time this quote has been posted. Twice in the past three days. Why?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

the another one was from a rolling stone interview but maybe you are right...sorry.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

monster mafia wrote:the another one was from a rolling stone interview but maybe you are right...sorry.
Shit. My bad. You are right. This was new. I thought it was the same because it sounded like the exact same answer he gave to Rolling Stone. Again my apologies.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

rovert wrote:Hate to burst bubbles but Kyle/EVOLVE was more an issue with Gabe's end than Kyle's. Also Fish has spoke to EVOLVE.

I think we can move past this.
I will say that Rovert, if people in here don't necessarily believe your reports, you should just try to accept that. You have built credibility with some but don't take it personally if some just ignore your posts. Quite frankly there are those of us who hear certain things and you happen to choose to say them but at the same time it should be noted that while there are times you are correct, there are definitely times when what you say is just very broad and can't be substantiated.

For everyone else, if you don't agree or think Rovert is right, move past his post and just continue the conversation. No need to "disprove" him. We all get our information from places we trust and if Rovert isn't that guy for you, move on.

Anyway in the morning a fun post is going to drop about some things O'Reilly said to Sports Illustrated Extra Mustard feature. Some fun quotes in it. I'm too tired to copy n paste here. Yes... I'm lazy :(
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

monster mafia wrote:kyle for sports illustrated

Oh thank God. These were two of the interesting quotes though I found one more also interesting.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
rovert

Post by rovert »

cgstong wrote: I think we can move past this.
I will say that Rovert, if people in here don't necessarily believe your reports, you should just try to accept that. You have built credibility with some but don't take it personally if some just ignore your posts. Quite frankly there are those of us who hear certain things and you happen to choose to say them but at the same time it should be noted that while there are times you are correct, there are definitely times when what you say is just very broad and can't be substantiated.

For everyone else, if you don't agree or think Rovert is right, move past his post and just continue the conversation. No need to "disprove" him. We all get our information from places we trust and if Rovert isn't that guy for you, move on.
To be fair it isn't a case with me of being at times correct. I don't believe I've been wrong since I joined here.

People can read my posts about Kyle from beginning to end in this thread. Everything I've posted has been correct. You've now got it from the horse's mouth that he's gone from ROH and looking to get into WWE. News I broke.

I'll look to curtail the antagonism but it usually stems from others.
Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer »

rovert wrote:
cgstong wrote: I think we can move past this.

To be fair it isn't a case with me of being at times correct. I don't believe I've been wrong since I joined here.

People can read my posts about Kyle from beginning to end in this thread. Everything I've posted has been correct. You've now got it from the horse's mouth that he's gone from ROH and looking to get into WWE. News I broke.

I'll look to curtail the antagonism but it usually stems from others.
I don't understand your almost obsession to make sure that you tell everyone that you" broke the new first". Unless you are "in da bidness", and you get paid for such a thing, what does it matter?
rovert

Post by rovert »

Buzz Sawyer wrote: I don't understand your almost obsession to make sure that you tell everyone that you" broke the new first". Unless you are "in da bidness", and you get paid for such a thing, what does it matter?
There's no obsession. Most of your POV seems to projecting or putting way more value or secrecy or privilege to it than there is. I just fell into knowing people who can answer questions knowledgeably. It isn't the 1980s, wrestlers are people and a DM away. I don't see what is the issue with saying I broke a story. I credit other people when they do it.

Can we move away from discussing me and back to the topic now.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I was in a conference call a phew minutes ago with Triple H. Dave Metlzer ask him about Kyle O'Reilly. Hunter didn't talk in detail about it, but said he's a great talent and he's sure Kyle will be one day at the WWE.

"All is talent, no matter where they come from [...] Kyle is such an amazing talented kid. I have no doubt that he'll end up at WWE some time and show the whole world what he's capable of. It all comes down as where he's at his availability and where we are at our availability to work with him. Hopefully those things... those two worlds collide soon because I would love to have him as a talent. He's a talented kid".

I was going to ask him about the rumors of WWE buying ROH, you know, in a indirect way. However, there was no time so I couldn't make my question.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

roh ippv and now this

insider:

Kyle O'Reilly has officially come to terms with EVOLVE. O'Reilly will not be working the Wrestlemania events in Orlando but will be working post-Wrestlemania dates for the company. The two sides had been in discussions of late, but as we reported, they were unable to terms. They reconvened today and were able to make a deal for O'Reilly to come in.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Gabe Sapolsky just posted this on Twitter, so yes, it is official:
"Figuring out who Kyle O'Reilly should wrestle at EVOLVE in NYC on April 22 & 23. Tix & info at"