ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Memphis Mark

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by Memphis Mark »

famicommander wrote:So Kelly will still be the regular play by play man, provided there are no NJPW schedule conflicts?

I kinda of hope Kelly leaves ROH for good . I wish somebody with a little more energy was the PBP man. I got really tired of the Kelly/ Corino combo. I found Kelly to be boring and Corino tended to drift toward subjects that were not related to the match in the ring . Sometimes those two forgot they were there to get the boys and the product over , not themselves .
rovert

Post by rovert »

ROH is doing a perfectly fine job of turning their own talent against them.

Drew wants access to ROH talent and was working with them until recently. Even splitting travel costs with them.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

imagine being a wrestler an choose beyond ( that is a very good promotion) over roh.. :lol: :lol:

is weird ... really sad if dijak and rush leaves roh too

punisher martinez ( i dont think he is bad but you know) over these too for honor rising is weird too,they make the uk tour last year but..idk.
rovert

Post by rovert »

monster mafia wrote:imagine being a wrestler an choose beyond ( that is a very good promotion) over roh.. :lol: :lol: .
No one is doing it.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I would really hate to see Lio Rush leave. I have seen him wrestle live 3 times now, 2 of those being great matches with Lethal and Fish. This kid is really good. Has a bright future ahead of him.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Memphis Mark wrote:
rovert wrote:
Memphis Mark wrote: Could it be that Gabe is working thur indy promotions like Beyond Wrestling to turn the current talent against ROH ? First Keith Lee and now Donavan Dijak. Plus Rush has been seen at WWN seminars while under contract to ROH . No wonder ROH blacklisted Beyond .
No.
No is kind of vague. We know Beyond is on ROH 's blacklist due their connection with WWN/ FloSlam . We all know Gabe constantly bad mouths ROH and tries to either sign or steer talent away from ROH . Chris Hero , Jason Kincaid and now Keith Lee are the proof . So " no" must mean that Drew and his Beyond promotion are not trying to undermine ROH . Which I would find hard to believe given Drew's connection to WWN. No means ?
Do we really all "know" that Gabe badmouths ROH to everyone? Because the last time I heard that accusation was when Davey Richards made it in, like, 2012. As for Hero, Kincaid, and Lee being proof of that:
Hero was working both for a bit and then chose to work with Evolve despite ROH clearly seeming like the bigger money option, but Evolve was the one that would give him more freedom, which seems like exactly the sort of thing Hero would do. Furthermore, I remember there being a lot of reports at the time that ROH wasn't happy with Hero's cosmetics.
Who knows with Lee, but my guess is that Gabe offered him a big push and a chance to be a singles guy. And if you've seen all of the guys who leave ROH and go to Evolve recently, all of them come off much better when they've gone to Evolve.
As for Kincaid, think about it like this: He goes to ROH for their training camps and is impressive enough that he gets to the second round of their Top Prospect Tournament... and then they just don't use him for months. They bring him back for two weekends over the course of the next seven months, in which he is given absolutely nothing to do and barely any chance to get over because he never even got to cut a f*cking promo. Meanwhile, here is Gabe with a track record of creating stars and a pipeline to the big money in WWE. Meanwhile, even the guy that won ROH's "you're a new star!" tournament hasn't done a f*cking thing all year. Are you really going to stick with ROH who will use you on maybe half of their shows and keep you in total limbo for years? Or are you going to go to the guy with both the rep and the connections, and who also lets you work pretty much anywhere else that you want when he isn't booking you?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Someone asked Beyond Wrestling on Twitter about some talents leaving the company because of their contracts with ROH. This was their answer:
Anyone who has an ROH contract, even if it's non-exclusive, is done with Beyond. If someone is working for ROH & Beyond... Connect the dots.
I think that Donovan Dijak is done with ROH :( :(
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

If that Hero/cosmetics thing is true, what a fucked up time in wrestling it is when WWE gives him a chance again over ROH.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Gabes hates ROH . Silkin fired him . He was kicked out of a company that he co- founded and had creative control over for years. One of goals of WWN was to put ROH out of business. The purchase of ROH by Sinclair made that goal impossible.

Gabe is trying use the WWE tie in to sign away the Keith Lee and Jason Kincaid's of the world in hopes of damaging ROH ' s business. It won't have any effect at all as long as ROH is part of SBGI .

Also the main reason that Gabe is able to scoop up all of this talent is that Koff does not care enough to stop him. Koff figures he can get by by signing a few stars , add some special attractions from CMLL/NJPW and fill in the gaps with training camp talent. Sinclair throws nickels around like manholes covers, which is why the company is so profitable.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Keep your head in the sand and talking endlessly about THOSE BILLIONS SBG WILL NEVER SPEND FOR ROH while the promotion is becoming more irrelevant and shitty at a dramatic speed.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

It has fallen off in the few years I've watched it.

The bell cows are still there (Briscoes, Bucks, Lethal) but the supporting cast has drastically fallen off.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

the future of roh gone (lee and maybe rush and dijak) in a sigh

so sad to see that.
Roque11

Post by Roque11 »

I bet Dijack is signing a Flo Slam deal. Now look at the signs with War Machine. First they're announced for Honor Rising and now Beyond Wrestling tells people to connect the dots when it comes any ROH names still working for Beyond since there's a ban there. Dijack still has Beyond bookings, while the War Beard doesn't.

I think New Japan managed to steal away Kyle and War Machine from WWE, just like they did with OTT.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Thelone wrote:Keep your head in the sand and talking endlessly about THOSE BILLIONS SBG WILL NEVER SPEND FOR ROH while the promotion is becoming more irrelevant and shitty at a dramatic speed.
You cannot read dude .
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

So Dijak is working Evolve March 30th. Dijak and Elgin Vs Yehi and Williams for the tag titles! Looks like the guys who leave ROH for Evolve get instant rewards. Keith main evented against Hero and now Dijak gets a tag title shot during Mania weekend. Huge news and great work by Gabe
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

So is Lio Rush out the door for sure?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Memphis Mark wrote:Gabes hates ROH . Silkin fired him . He was kicked out of a company that he co- founded and had creative control over for years. One of goals of WWN was to put ROH out of business. The purchase of ROH by Sinclair made that goal impossible.
If I remember correctly this "I made DGUSA/Evolve to put ROH out of business" thing was he said/she said situation with Davey Richards, who has since recanted his statement.
Memphis Mark wrote: Gabe is trying use the WWE tie in to sign away the Keith Lee and Jason Kincaid's of the world in hopes of damaging ROH ' s business. It won't have any effect at all as long as ROH is part of SBGI .
Or... and I know this seems a little far-fetched... maybe Gabe sees guys who he thinks have talent and wants to sign them to make his own wrestling company better?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

BrandenScott wrote:So Dijak is working Evolve March 30th. Dijak and Elgin Vs Yehi and Williams for the tag titles! Looks like the guys who leave ROH for Evolve get instant rewards. Keith main evented against Hero and now Dijak gets a tag title shot during Mania weekend. Huge news and great work by Gabe
Oh wow I totally missed that. Guess Elgin's vague references actually led to an Evolve appearance lol. Elgin & Dijak sound like a great team.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Who gives a crap about Lio Rush or Jason Kincaid?

Get us some wrestlers that actually look like men and not teenagers.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

SweetDaddy wrote:Who gives a crap about Lio Rush or Jason Kincaid?

Get us some wrestlers that actually look like men and not teenagers.
Weren't a fan of Bryan Danielson in 2002 then, huh?