ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by cgstong »

Guys let's figure this out without just ragging on Rovert. If you don't agree with what he says, that's more than fair but attacking him about it is getting old and not the type of community we want here.

I'm not saying rovert is always "right" (no offense dude). His information like others is always based on the sources we have and some may not always have the full picture but to rag on him for it is not necessary.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer »

rovert wrote:
monster mafia wrote:the fuck men...this is a huge fucking loss!

kelly leving roh for njpw??

wtf is going on with roh

everobody leaves and lizard man stays

this is so weid

BIG LOSSS
You told me for months everything was fine and everyone was happy and staying.
Does the NJPW USA deal have anything to do with Kelly "leaving" ?
rovert

Post by rovert »

Will bite my tongue on some aspects of cgstong's post. I've informed him and his associates of ROH news numerous times over the years. Often cited as a source on podcast. I don't remember the last time I didn't have the full picture or very close to it when it comes to ROH. I don't remember the last time I had to be "set right".

I am only trying to present accurate information as Wrestling Observer and PWInsider are too tied to Delirious, Koff etc . I've done that very well the past year. Some posters need to stop shooting the messenger. If you didn't know me prior to this forum. Wait a few more weeks and you'll realise that I am just telling the truth at a very high level of accuracy. When I first posted here people where telling up and down Kyle was retaining at Dome not matter what I said for example.

The validity of everything I've ever said will be proven over the next few days. Hopefully then people will focus on ROH issues and not me.
rovert

Post by rovert »

Buzz Sawyer wrote: Does the NJPW USA deal have anything to do with Kelly "leaving" ?
I don't think so but ultimately it will look that way.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

My UK source doesn't foresee Ospreay and Scurll sticking around for very long, specifically citing Kelly's decision to leave the office.

Recall that Meltzer reported both talents have 6-month opt out clauses.
WHG

Post by WHG »

Koff is a tool, but people thinking that SBG should replace him should realize that ROH likely only exists within SBG because of Koff. In fact, I think his employment there is the single biggest mortality risk ROH faces. He sold the company on investing in ROH to begin with and is seemingly the only person within corporate SBG who cares at all. He's actually very under appreciated by the fanbase.

Koff's mistake is not realizing that, like sports coaches, eventually bookers run their course and should be relieved of their duties. I was by and large a defender of Delirious longer than most. While I didn't like everything he did in 2014-2015 (the KRD angle and that generally terrible Main Event finish of the 13th Anniversary show come to mind), it really wasn't until late 2015 that I felt like creatively it was a big mistake to keep him in power.

Honestly, though, I feel like Kelly would've been a step in the wrong direction as far as current wrestling sensibility goes. ROH really should've given creative control to Jimmy Jacobs and Truth Martini.

If Riccaboni is the new play by play guy, I feel for him. He's still very green and having an established, experienced color guy would really be how you'd want to introduce someone like that.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Meltzer:
An update on the Kevin Kelly situation is that he had to make a choice between keeping his full-time office job with ROH or his commitment to New Japan, as New Japan wanted him in Japan for the entire week this coming week. So he chose New Japan, which pays well, well enough to get Don Callis back into a business that he pretty much walked away from 15 years ago. Kelly is expected to still be used as on-air talent by ROH.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

So Kelly will still be the regular play by play man, provided there are no NJPW schedule conflicts?
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

How funny is it that I only said last week I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin got an offer, albeit, from WWE, but instead it was New Japan?

This is all too funny. Rovert's involvement, demanding to be cited as a source - it makes for great reading.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Fuck me. This place has officially become as thin skinned as politics and religion. ITS FUCKING WRESTLING! There are more pressing problems in the world than getting bitchy about O'Reilly, Cole, etc, leaving. It sounds like people are either jealous of rovert or in denial. Either way who gives a fuck? I don't think his posts are condescending in the slightest. If anything, I think the dude has shown a lot of restraint for the amount of bullshit he has to put up with. All this shit is petty and winds up sounding like primadonnas whining about politics or whose God is the right one. Fucking stupid man. I used to engage in feuds with guys on here, but then what was the point of showing up to a forum waiting to be combative? I love wrestling and I use this forum here as an extension of my escapism from all the bullshit going on in the world.

There is not a God damn thing anyone can do about ROH. Period. Koff is blind and Delirious should have been fired at least 2 years ago. Save your bitching for more serious issues. Whatever happens with ROH happens. Enjoy the ride while it lasts. Maybe in 3 years this company will be dead. If you think the booking makes zero fucking sense most of the time like I do, focus on the guys busting their asses to entertain you or the matches themselves or how "Love Machine" Todd Sinclair still manages to run around the ring after 15 years while looking like he's going to die in the ring from a heart attack.

I am certainly not imposing my thoughts on anyone. I am a free thinker. I am just trying to provide some clarity into what should not be a muddled spot we all collectively have a passion for...wrestling.
rovert

Post by rovert »

The Dragon Saga wrote:How funny is it that I only said last week I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin got an offer, albeit, from WWE, but instead it was New Japan?

This is all too funny. Rovert's involvement, demanding to be cited as a source - it makes for great reading.
Neither of those things are funny though.

Kelly didn't just get an offer so your post about WWE is immaterial. He's had this deal with NJPW for a while now. So....

I posted both the FloSlam ban and the 60 day legal situation first. I should get credit for those and everything else I post first. I always attempt to credit others.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Fuck me. This place has officially become as thin skinned as politics and religion. ITS FUCKING WRESTLING! There are more pressing problems in the world than getting bitchy about O'Reilly, Cole, etc, leaving. It sounds like people are either jealous of rovert or in denial. Either way who gives a fuck? I don't think his posts are condescending in the slightest. If anything, I think the dude has shown a lot of restraint for the amount of bullshit he has to put up with. All this shit is petty and winds up sounding like primadonnas whining about politics or whose God is the right one. Fucking stupid man. I used to engage in feuds with guys on here, but then what was the point of showing up to a forum waiting to be combative? I love wrestling and I use this forum here as an extension of my escapism from all the bullshit going on in the world.

There is not a God damn thing anyone can do about ROH. Period. Koff is blind and Delirious should have been fired at least 2 years ago. Save your bitching for more serious issues. Whatever happens with ROH happens. Enjoy the ride while it lasts. Maybe in 3 years this company will be dead. If you think the booking makes zero fucking sense most of the time like I do, focus on the guys busting their asses to entertain you or the matches themselves or how "Love Machine" Todd Sinclair still manages to run around the ring after 15 years while looking like he's going to die in the ring from a heart attack.

I am certainly not imposing my thoughts on anyone. I am a free thinker. I am just trying to provide some clarity into what should not be a muddled spot we all collectively have a passion for...wrestling.
Once again you are right. Second time in one day. It is only wrestling . If you like the product continue to support if not turn it off. IMOO ,you have a paranoid booker that is trying to hang on to his status in the business. It would seem that everyone that is not loyal or cannot peacefully coexist with Delirious is leaving the company. One would think that Delirious is trying to build the roster entirely via the training camps . That way the new talent would be loyal to him for their position. At this point it looks like it will take ROH drowning in red ink for Koff to fire Delirious Anyway , I like watching new talent work so I will keep watching for the time being..
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

supersonic wrote:My UK source doesn't foresee Ospreay and Scurll sticking around for very long, specifically citing Kelly's decision to leave the office.

Recall that Meltzer reported both talents have 6-month opt out clauses.

I don's have any UK sources , but I know this to be true. Scurll will stay with ROH if the money is right. If , Marty can get more money elsewhere and still have creative control he will leave . I read many interviews where Marty confirms this fact . He is about making money and have creative control over his character. Ospreay has a deal with NJPW , ROH is secondary to him anyway .
rovert

Post by rovert »

This hasn't gotten much play https://twitter.com/RealKeithLee/status ... 3318625280

As is Dijak working for a FloSlam company in March https://twitter.com/wXwGermany/status/8 ... 5564638209
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

rovert wrote:This hasn't gotten much play https://twitter.com/RealKeithLee/status ... 3318625280

As is Dijak working for a FloSlam company in March https://twitter.com/wXwGermany/status/8 ... 5564638209
We know . Lee is not working his last date. Dijak has been a free agent, he can work for anyone right now . Dijak is done after Pittsburg ., Lio Rush is done after March. Rush and Dijak are not booked for Japan. If you look at the talent line up for Japan that will tell you everything you need to know about the talent situation .

Could it be that Gabe is working thur indy promotions like Beyond Wrestling to turn the current talent against ROH ? First Keith Lee and now Donavan Dijak. Plus Rush has been seen at WWN seminars while under contract to ROH . No wonder ROH blacklisted Beyond .
WHG

Post by WHG »

I genuinely respect you as a source of info on ROH, rovert, but I will never get your obsession with "credit," which is literally meaningless.

Also, if being credited is so important to you, you'd be shocked at how far using an actual first and last name (even if they're fake) as opposed to a backwards first name and a gibberish twitter handle would go...along with attaching yourself to even a peripheral wrestling website or podcast. If you want to be treated like a news source, give the general appearance of one. Or don't care and be fine when people ignore your news.

This is the kind of thing that you'd be highly critical of someone for. It'd be like a guy on the indies complaining about not being signed when he has shit ring gear and a terrible gimmick.
rovert

Post by rovert »

The "give me credit" thing on Twitter the past few days was a clear joke dude.

Glad you respect me though. That's all I ask. I do you. If I wasn't an accurate and fair news source ROH wrestlers/staffers wouldn't follow me in the growing numbers in which they do.

Can we get back to ROH.
rovert

Post by rovert »

Memphis Mark wrote: Could it be that Gabe is working thur indy promotions like Beyond Wrestling to turn the current talent against ROH ? First Keith Lee and now Donavan Dijak. Plus Rush has been seen at WWN seminars while under contract to ROH . No wonder ROH blacklisted Beyond .
No.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

please explain.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

rovert wrote:
Memphis Mark wrote: Could it be that Gabe is working thur indy promotions like Beyond Wrestling to turn the current talent against ROH ? First Keith Lee and now Donavan Dijak. Plus Rush has been seen at WWN seminars while under contract to ROH . No wonder ROH blacklisted Beyond .
No.
No is kind of vague. We know Beyond is on ROH 's blacklist due their connection with WWN/ FloSlam . We all know Gabe constantly bad mouths ROH and tries to either sign or steer talent away from ROH . Chris Hero , Jason Kincaid and now Keith Lee are the proof . So " no" must mean that Drew and his Beyond promotion are not trying to undermine ROH . Which I would find hard to believe given Drew's connection to WWN. No means ?