ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
rovert

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by rovert »

SandsShifter wrote:Rovert... alright, what happened? Are you able to say anything concrete without compromising your sources?
Sorry I just " gets pieces of info off other "Twitter insiders" and tags along for the ride."
rovert

Post by rovert »

supersonic wrote:Dave Meltzer has confirmed Mike Johnson's report about talents currently in limbo. ROH sent a legal letter to WWE recently after Steve Corino's tryout that was plastered on WWE.com, so now WWE waits 60 days for ROH contracts to expire before making official moves.
I posted this two weeks before Mike on Twitter but I " gets pieces of info off other "Twitter insiders" and tags along for the ride."
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I mean, what, do you want us to get on our knees and kiss the ground you walk on for reporting scoops early or something?
rovert

Post by rovert »

TYFDK wrote:I mean, what, do you want us to get on our knees and kiss the ground you walk on for reporting scoops early or something?

Absolutely not. Why do things have to operate on extremes.

ROH has been a total shit show for over a year internally. Delirious is the main source for both the Observer and PWInsider. I've brought dozens of stories to the public domain that would likely would have been never reported otherwise - always correctly. Some credit would be nice that's all. If you want me to be a jerk I'll be a jerk. If you treat me straight up I'll do the same.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

the fuck men...this is a huge fucking loss!

kelly leaving roh for njpw??

wtf is going on with roh

everybody leaves and lizard man stays

this is so weid

BIG LOSSS
Last edited by monster mafia on Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

rovert wrote:
TYFDK wrote:I mean, what, do you want us to get on our knees and kiss the ground you walk on for reporting scoops early or something?

Absolutely not. Why do things have to operate on extremes.

ROH has been a total shit show for over a year internally. Delirious is the main source for both the Observer and PWInsider. I've brought dozens of stories to the public domain that would likely would have been never reported otherwise - always correctly. Some credit would be nice that's all. If you want me to be a jerk I'll be a jerk. If you treat me straight up I'll do the same.
True, you do get shit on unfairly despite getting nearly everything right, and I will give you credit on it, but the way you go about me makes me think you do it JUST so you can get credit for it. I know that's not the case, but just sometimes it seems like that. Not trying to attack you, that's just how I see it.

With that all being said, how easily do you think this could be fixed by ROH? Or is it something that can't be totally fixed until a regime change behind the scenes?
rovert

Post by rovert »

monster mafia wrote:the fuck men...this is a huge fucking loss!

kelly leving roh for njpw??

wtf is going on with roh

everobody leaves and lizard man stays

this is so weid

BIG LOSSS
You told me for months everything was fine and everyone was happy and staying.
rovert

Post by rovert »

TYFDK wrote: With that all being said, how easily do you think this could be fixed by ROH? Or is it something that can't be totally fixed until a regime change behind the scenes?
Joe Koff considers Delirious like a son and refuses to remove him from the role of booker. Others have tried to make Koff re-consider and that ends badly.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Koff doesn't have to do anything so long as Sinclair still pays the bills.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

no men,i said that a lot of good things are bad and a lot of things are good...

a lot of departures...this kevin kelly loss is a fucking blow.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Alas. We've truly all crossed the threshold :

LOLROH is here and clear.

EDIT: Gosh, what an utter disaster. Man. Maaaan.

*Interminable motored lips sound*
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Best. News. Ever.
Roque11

Post by Roque11 »

Kevin Kelly is not even 100% gone. He just left his office job due to the added stress of doing commentary for New Japan. He'll still be doing announcing work as freelancer. Just more ammo ROH haters are trying to use against the company. Even if he was gone it's no big deal. Kelly has been mediocre at best as an announcer dating back to his WWE days. Him being the voice of ROH has made the company look lame as he presents an uncool image. His claim to fame is being the guy The Rock would always make fun of and refer to as hermie.

Btw, War Machine are booked on the Honor Rising shows, but wait they are headed to WWE.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Call me Delirious. Give me a crack st the PBP chair.
rovert

Post by rovert »

Cool gimmick, Roque11 but Kevin Kelly made a failed play for Delirous's booking role.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Roque11 wrote:Kevin Kelly is not even 100% gone. He just left his office job due to the added stress of doing commentary for New Japan. He'll still be doing announcing work as freelancer. Just more ammo ROH haters are trying to use against the company. Even if he was gone it's no big deal. Kelly has been mediocre at best as an announcer dating back to his WWE days. Him being the voice of ROH has made the company look lame as he presents an uncool image. His claim to fame is being the guy The Rock would always make fun of and refer to as hermie.

Btw, War Machine are booked on the Honor Rising shows, but wait they are headed to WWE.
Idk why you're so hostile towards rovert. There are issues within the company, do you not see this?
KL_

Post by KL_ »

I didn't like Kevin Kelly as a commentator but I know that he helped Delirious with office job and I appreciate that.
I guess now it will be Ian Riccaboni + some wrestlers
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

TYFDK wrote:
Roque11 wrote:Kevin Kelly is not even 100% gone. He just left his office job due to the added stress of doing commentary for New Japan. He'll still be doing announcing work as freelancer. Just more ammo ROH haters are trying to use against the company. Even if he was gone it's no big deal. Kelly has been mediocre at best as an announcer dating back to his WWE days. Him being the voice of ROH has made the company look lame as he presents an uncool image. His claim to fame is being the guy The Rock would always make fun of and refer to as hermie.

Idk why you're so hostile towards rovert. There are issues within the company, do you not see this?
I have to cash in on a rovert was right t-shirt while there’s still heat (as a part of a two-pack including reading would be your friend, of course). Further to rovert being right, other anonymous/burner account doom chiromancers were more accurate than I could imagine. Kevin Kelly has practically been the byword for ROH the past several years, and they’ve treated him and Corino as greater personalities/stars than most of their roster.

God. Kevin fucking Kelly. To New Japan, too. I knew there would be a day that ROH would become compromised by their relation to NJPW, in terms of territorial or demographic markets as well as wrestlers or interoffice talent, but not this soon, and not in concomitance with the manifestation of corporate-ROH itself Kevin Kelly. What an unexpected seam to unravel.

I have somewhat of a morbid curiosity of what’s next for ROH but I’m uninterested in supporting what seems to be a corrosive business.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Worst part about this is the dragging part, until something BIG happens that force SBG to remove Koff or force Koff to remove Delirious things will remain the same no matter how many talent leave.

Would love to get to that part and not having to suffer this as a fan of the promotion and the wrestlers.
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

rovert wrote:Cool gimmick, Roque11 but Kevin Kelly made a failed play for Delirous's booking role.
So, in my weak attempt to connect the dots, ROH hires Kevin Kelly full time to assist Delirious and be the communications liaison between him and the talent. After serving as the communicator for the talent, he makes a power play that fails.

So it sounds like Kelly, after talking to talent got gassed up to believe that a change is needed and the talent would be good with him being that change. The move failed and he's out.

If this is true, my question is how do the talent that wanted change feel now that it seems clear that change isn't happening. Seems ROH and Lucha Underground are in the same boat with key talent not being a fan of who is running the show. Delirious, Greg the Office Boy and Dorian Roldan changing the wrestling biz for the worst