ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
King of Indy Style

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by King of Indy Style »

I still say Shane with Silas and Bruiser
rovert

Post by rovert »

If OTT, PROGRESS & ICW sign to the WWE Network ROH becomes less attractive and more isolated for Wrestlers by the day.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

rovert wrote:If OTT, PROGRESS & ICW sign to the WWE Network ROH becomes less attractive and more isolated for Wrestlers by the day.
I guess. ROH still has money to pay talent. Somebody will take ROH 's money . I been a wrestling fan for 45 years . I seen this show in the past. The difference is that Stu Hart and Don Owens did not have the money to compete with Young McMahon. However money is not an issue for SBGI , Anthem and NJPW . McMahon is wasting his stockholder's money trying to put these companies out of business. I am waiting for the talent cuts to start in 6 months .

ROH only has a hour of TV per week , 4 PPV's and they run about 40 live events. They will be okay . Trust me , I am old.
WHG

Post by WHG »

I'm not worried about the talent. That is cyclical.

It does concern me if ROH is just plodding ahead on traditional PPV, though. I had no issues paying a premium for broadcast PPV when the WWE Network was the competitor...but if they add those promotions and FloSlam keeps it up...and NJPW World...ROH big shows are suddenly an island.

If NJPW/ROH/CMLL/RevPro aren't trying to figure out a joint global streaming platform, with maybe PWG archives (not live shows)...they're missing their best relationship opportunity. At least share technology and offer reciprocal subscriptions for distinct services. Something...
Jay Lethal's Hair

Post by Jay Lethal's Hair »

WHG wrote: If NJPW/ROH/CMLL/RevPro aren't trying to figure out a joint global streaming platform, with maybe PWG archives (not live shows)...they're missing their best relationship opportunity. At least share technology and offer reciprocal subscriptions for distinct services. Something...
PWG archives aren't going anywhere and don't need to be a sweetener if you're putting the other four together. And I agree with you, while not knowing the intricacies of CMLL's broadcasting rights, that group providing the alternative to the WWE Network makes the most sense and honestly has the best chance of happening.
Jay Lethal's Hair

rovert wrote:If OTT, PROGRESS & ICW sign to the WWE Network ROH becomes less attractive and more isolated for Wrestlers by the day.
How many wrestlers that have worked those companies just up and decide to move to the US to work for ROH anyway? I feel like that is a bigger hit to FloSlam/WWN succeeding than ROH.

Plus in that case, is WWE signing the guys in those promotions as part of the footage deal?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Buzz Sawyer wrote:
SweetDaddy wrote:Kyle O'Reilly never made a dime for ROH and when I say that I mean no one ever became a fan because of him and no one ever came to a show just because he was there.

Sure there's a spot left to fill but wrestlers are recyclable.

For every one that leaves there's another one needing a job.

Just gotta go find that person.
I went to a few shows in Philly just to see Kyle O' Reilly.
I also considered Kyle to be a major factor in whether or not I bought DVDs because you could always count on him to deliver something excellent when given the opportunity to do so.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Jay Lethal's Hair wrote:Fish extending lets them play out his SOTF shot, that match definitely isn't big enough to headline SCOH, so perhaps they blow it off with Cole earlier or maybe they wait and he's one of Daniels' first opponents.
It doesn't need to headline SCOH. That's what Hardys vs. Bucks is for. I do think it is a strong semi-main on a show that will delver in terms of workrate, which is exactly what you need underneath Hardys vs. Bucks. SCOH is the perfect time for this.
Jay Lethal's Hair

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jay Lethal's Hair wrote:Fish extending lets them play out his SOTF shot, that match definitely isn't big enough to headline SCOH, so perhaps they blow it off with Cole earlier or maybe they wait and he's one of Daniels' first opponents.
It doesn't need to headline SCOH. That's what Hardys vs. Bucks is for. I do think it is a strong semi-main on a show that will delver in terms of workrate, which is exactly what you need underneath Hardys vs. Bucks. SCOH is the perfect time for this.
I like Fish/Cole for Manhattan Mayhem in your line of thinking (after Dragon Lee/Ospreay). They sorted out all those title shots pretty well imo. With Fish's situation, Castle/Cole has a lot more intrigue to help fill that arena.
Roque11

Post by Roque11 »

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

TORCH:

Keith Lee announced on Twitter this past weekend that he has signed with EVOLVE. Lee had been under a non-exclusive deal that recently expired. EVOLVE quickly announced that he will face Chris Hero in one of his final EVOLVE matches on Jan. 27 in San Antonio during Royal Rumble weekend.

According to sources, ROH officials were aware that Lee was negotiating with EVOLVE, but he was still working on a handshake deal with ROH. Lee’s tag team partner, Shane Taylor, recently signed an non-exclusive deal with ROH. Lee had offers on the table from EVOLVE and ROH. ROH officials were aware of Lee’s negotiations with EVOLVE, but weren’t expecting him to sign there in the near future.

Lee and Taylor appeared as a tag team on ROH’s TV Tapings last weekend in Atlanta on Jan. 14. According to multiple sources, Lee didn’t tell anyone in the ROH locker room or the office that he was going to sign with EVOLVE. ROH ended up booking Lee & Taylor to go over strong on The Briscoes during an in-ring segment. One top wrestler was furious that Lee appeared on the tapings without notifying ROH management he was going to sign with EVOLVE and noted that he and Taylor were booked to look strong against The Briscoes, which likely would not have happened had Taylor notified ROH management he was leaving the company.

According to a source close to Lee, he chose to sign with EVOLVE because the money was the same and being under a non-exclusive deal really limits where talent can work outside of ROH. ROH recently added a clause to their non-exclusive deals that states that talent can’t wrestle on independents that air on FloSlam. With FloSlam expected to become affiliated with more prominent indie organizations in 2017, wrestlers under a non-exclusive deal will have a hard time finding bookings.

Sources have confirmed with PWTorch that one of the companies that ROH has added to the banned list for those under non-exclusive deals is Beyond Wrestling. Beyond Wrestling does not air regularly on FloSlam, as they’ve only had one show air on the service, but ROH is using a very broad interpretation of their clause to ensure talent doesn’t work for the company.

ROH management reportedly dragged their feet when it came to moving negotiations towards a close. One source noted that ROH booker Hunter Johnston expects things to fall into place and his never proactive when it comes to negotiating new deals. According to sources, Johnston was advised not to put over Taylor & Lee strong at the ROH TV tapings given Lee’s tenuous status with the company, but he did anyway.

EVOLVE management was thrilled to sign Lee, who they see as a potential star on the indie scene in 2017. ROH management wasn’t as high on Lee as EVOLVE is. According to sources familiar with ROH managements thinking, they see Shane Taylor as more “TV ready” than Keith Lee.

PWTorch has learned that Donovan Dijak is currently working as a freelance talent with Ring of Honor after his contract expired. His name has come up as someone that WWE would potentially be interested in signing. One source noted to PWTorch that Dijak might not have had any progress with his WWE talks because the company was busy between the holidays and the U.K. Championship Tournament held last weekend.

Last weekend, Dijak appeared on the ROH TV tapings and became the new #1 contender for the ROH World TV Title.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

my god delirious.... :shock: :roll:
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

How the fuck is Shane Taylor more "TV ready" than Keith Lee? Seriously? Come on, that is just fucking plain stupid.
rovert

Post by rovert »

Confirms stuff I said here in the past.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

BUT THOSE BILLIONS SINCLAIR WILL NEVER USE !!!
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

that was bad behavior of ketih lee,not give notice was bad

still lizard man put them over against the briscoes? why do you do that,come on...

if dijak leaves too...
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:How the fuck is Shane Taylor more "TV ready" than Keith Lee? Seriously? Come on, that is just fucking plain stupid.
Maybe they think he has more charisma?
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Add Beyond Wrestling to that list that does include AAW as well. Other promotions too which is just mind boggling sometimes. Not entirely sure listening to knee jerk reactionary emotions is always the best business decision.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

cgstong wrote:Add Beyond Wrestling to that list that does include AAW as well. Other promotions too which is just mind boggling sometimes. Not entirely sure listening to knee jerk reactionary emotions is always the best business decision.
the landscape in wrestling is different right now

banning promotions is a bad move.
rovert

Post by rovert »

monster mafia wrote: if dijak leaves too...

Let me guess the forum's "Princess and pea" like reaction: "no big loss"?
cgstong wrote:Add Beyond Wrestling to that list that does include AAW as well. Other promotions too which is just mind boggling sometimes.
As someone else joked ROH dont want their midcard to realize how much better everywhere else would book them.