ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by monster mafia »

SweetDaddy wrote:Mod Edit: Post deleted.
are you racist or just a dumb person?

just a question.
Last edited by Wilson on Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Redacted original post
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

supersonic wrote:
Shit man, having heat with Vince Russo is like having heat with wife for not taking the garbage out. Its background noise.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:So is it fair to say that this Keith Lee situation was caused by a combination of FloSlam Money & ROH's (apparently) more restrictive contracts?

Honestly not sure what you do with Shane Taylor as a singles guy.

I not sure what you do with Taylor . You could put him with Prince Nana , put him in the Rebellion , put with Cole and the Bucks as an enforcer type , find him a new partner or give him a single run.

I really don't think FLoSlam has more money to pay talent than Sinclair. In we all know that Sinclair could easily buy Floslam out tomorrow. However in this case ,FloSlam is willing to spend more money than SBGI . The most disappointing thing is that ROH management keep using Lee and pushing the Lee and Taylor duo as a top act in 2017. All the time Lee was talking with Gabe , while ROH had no knowledge that Lee was going to jump ship in 2017.

Maybe this Lee fiasco may prompt Joe Koff to look into how his management team is handling these types of personnel issues.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:So is it fair to say that this Keith Lee situation was caused by a combination of FloSlam Money & ROH's (apparently) more restrictive contracts?

Those seem to be two of many possible reasons. Joining WWN is becoming more and more the abbreviated passage to the WWE. I think that always has to be the primary incentive.

Shane on his own is a bad buy for ROH. I guess you just sneak him in the lower card for the next year to get other people over.

Anyway, ROH just standing still while EVOLVE is making all these plays is the most ROH-type reaction possible. If it hasn't already taken effect, the company will soon only service jobbing wrestlers looking for a steady paycheck or older wrestlers looking for a home to roost. In other words: TNA.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

No one should give two shits about what Vince Russo says or does in 2017.
Jay Lethal's Hair

Post by Jay Lethal's Hair »

Memphis Mark wrote: I really don't think FLoSlam has more money to pay talent than Sinclair. In we all know that Sinclair could easily buy Floslam out tomorrow. However in this case ,FloSlam is willing to spend more money than SBGI .

Maybe this Lee fiasco may prompt Joe Koff to look into how his management team is handling these types of personnel issues.
FloSlam as part of FloSports is backed by 10s of millions of dollars. So Sinclair could not just easily buy them. They paid WWN 3.5 million dollars. They have a lot of disposable money at the moment. FloSlam is willing to spend more up front in this early phase, but it isn't like ROH wasn't in on the action here. Lee had a big breakout year and right now, the WWN->WWE path (although not hard and fast) may have been more attractive if the money was the same.

Definitely agree with your last point. This marketplace is evolving (no pun intended), this is good example and will be interesting to see play out.
Jay Lethal's Hair

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:This. Make Daniels the booker though. Guy has constantly put his ego aside his entire career. Knows how to tweak his own character without drastic changes. Never heard anyone say a bad thing about him. At this point ROH needs a guy like that in the back.
This is a somewhat funny quote when you think about him already having a heavy influence on the committee when he got the tag belts, and now he's in line for the main title.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Jay Lethal's Hair wrote:
Memphis Mark wrote: I really don't think FLoSlam has more money to pay talent than Sinclair. In we all know that Sinclair could easily buy Floslam out tomorrow. However in this case ,FloSlam is willing to spend more money than SBGI .

FloSlam as part of FloSports is backed by 10s of millions of dollars. So Sinclair could not just easily buy them. They paid WWN 3.5 million dollars. They have a lot of disposable money at the moment. FloSlam is willing to spend more up front in this early phase, but it isn't like ROH wasn't in on the action here. Lee had a big breakout year and right now, the WWN->WWE path (although not hard and fast) may have been more attractive if the money was the same.

Definitely agree with your last point. This marketplace is evolving (no pun intended), this is good example and will be interesting to see play out.

The market cap on SBGI stock is around $ 3 billion , they keep 10 millions around in retained earnings and all of their media assets are worth billions.. If they paid $ 350 million for the Tennis Channel , they can buy FloSlam/ WWN without too much trouble.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Jay Lethal's Hair wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:This. Make Daniels the booker though. Guy has constantly put his ego aside his entire career. Knows how to tweak his own character without drastic changes. Never heard anyone say a bad thing about him. At this point ROH needs a guy like that in the back.
This is a somewhat funny quote when you think about him already having a heavy influence on the committee when he got the tag belts, and now he's in line for the main title.
Yeah I can see your point, but the dude is at the end of his career. Additionally, the last tag title run was transitional to set up Ladder War 6 and get the tag titles on the Bucks. If Daniels gets the world title as I suspect, it again will be nothing more than a transitional run as well.

Lastly, Gabe was practically begging Daniels to take the title off of Ki back in 2002 and Daniels declined. He thought his role would be better served as not being the champ at the time. His influence on the booking thus far I believe has been anything but self serving. While I can see where you're coming from, Daniels is the exception to the rule.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

taylor can be "the bad luck fale" of cole and the bucks too.

i hope this thing put roh on notice

im only wnat to know if lee give roh notice of this in a proper time.
Jay Lethal's Hair

Memphis Mark wrote:
Jay Lethal's Hair wrote:

The market cap on SBGI stock is around $ 3 billion , they keep 10 millions around in retained earnings and all of their media assets are worth billions.. If they paid $ 350 million for the Tennis Channel , they can buy FloSlam/ WWN without too much trouble.
You're right there - they have the cash on hand, no doubt. My angle was they're a very conservative company so I doubt they would throw 50 million away with little shot at a return on investment. With other venture capitalists already investing in the FloSports model, it would be very expensive and unlikely they'd just scoop it up to help eliminate competition for their wrestling company.

I'm with you in rooting for that kind of initiative from someone. hoping NJPW.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

2017 is a wild time. All I can think of with FloSlam though is them paying out the nose (comparatively/relatively) for high potential guys and it not getting off the ground. With WWE Network, NJPW, Highspots, etc., the market is already getting pretty crowded with high quality options.

On one hand, a guy like Lee seems like an absolute no brainer to lock up as a potential top guy. On the other hand, SBG has led ROH to its most wide-spread exposure, most profitable years, biggest crowds and venues, relationships with NJPW/CMLL, and more TV exposure. ROH still regularly outdraws Evolve and other FloSlam events. Is this a case of ROH having a set formula and sticking to it no matter what? Or did WWN throw big bucks at Lee, something ROH chose not to match?

It will be interesting to see what ROH's next moves are from here. If you compare them in the context of the Big 3 (WWE, TNA, ROH), they are the only group that has seen their TV exposure go up (more markets, no way to officially know about viewers but they added some key ones like Philly recently) while officially jumping TNA seemingly once and for all with a few years worth of profitable live events against a few years of TNA not running live events. In the context of groups that may be more familiar to the "glory days" of ROH like WWN, I don't think they should be compared to them, any more, even if ROH talent choose to go there and vice versa. I think we're officially in apples and oranges territory - I think ROH is in a place now with a precedent set with "guaranteed" contracts that ROH is now a realistic destination to go and stay and become a star for a while whereas Evolve is a vessel to get to NXT/WWE.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

As far as Keith Lee is concerned, another thing that you have to consider is that he has a lot of potential for WWE, and the best path to WWE (and their preferred path) is through WWN. When talking about independent talents that WWE could sign, I would think that Keith Lee & Donovan Dijak are near the top of the list (two big guys who are mobile and fly around like cruiserweights at times). I wouldn't be shocked if Keith Lee is signed to NXT by the end of the year.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I would think that Keith Lee & Donovan Dijak are near the top of the list (two big guys who are mobile and fly around like cruiserweights at times).
Ugh, I'm so damn tired of hearing this for every big man imaginable nowadays. You know when something stops being impressive ? When "Oh, but X can do FLIPZ and shit" is applicable to almost anyone in the wrestling business.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer »

Put Taylor with Colt Cabana as his henchman. He can learn to work a bit in tag matches with Cabana and do singles squashes as a monster heel. Hell, put Taylor with Sullivan & Martinez and have them both learn a bit.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Put him on the ring crew.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Dump Bull Dempsey and keep Shane. Every wrestling organization needs a fat guy.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

*cough* Beer City Bruiser *cough*
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Thelone wrote:*cough* Beer City Bruiser *cough*
Damn you're right, and he's pretty good!

IMO