ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by monster mafia »

insider with some new old stuff.

Here are some updates on Ring of Honor's contracts that expired as 2016 ended and 2017 began:

Christopher Daniels - Signed to new, longterm deal.

Bobby Fish - The two sides have signed an extension of Fish's previous contract and are currently working on a new longer form deal.

Frankie Kazarian - Was already locked into deal before end of 2016.

Jay Lethal - As previously noted, Lethal has been locked into a new, long term deal.

Kyle O'Reilly - His ROH deal expired on 12/31. O'Reilly is said to be reviewing his options (translation: WWE) Two sides working on a per date agreement going forward.

Adam Page - A new deal is being finalized but has not yet been signed. Obviously already working for New Japan as well.

War Machine - We are told that a new deal is being finalized but has not yet been signed. There is also interest from New Japan in using them more in 2017.

BJ Whitmer - Signed to new deal before end of 2016; no definitive word on length
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Glad Whitmer and Kaz are staying.

Hopefully War Machine signs soon.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I have no problem with War Machine at all, I think they are very underrated and deserve a better rub of the green within ROH. ROH needs tag teams right now and keeping War Machine would make so much sense, I also think both guys have a lot more to give singles wise.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

BurningHammer wrote:I have no problem with War Machine at all, I think they are very underrated and deserve a better rub of the green within ROH. ROH needs tag teams right now and keeping War Machine would make so much sense, I also think both guys have a lot more to give singles wise.
I think ROH has more than enough tag teams:
The Addiction
Motor City Machine Guns
The Young Bucks
War Machine
Keith Lee and Shane Taylor
Silas Young and the Beer City Bruiser
Cheeseburger and Will Ferrara
The All Night Express
reDragon (at least until O'Reilly leaves, which appears to be very likely)
The Briscoes
The Tempura Boyz

And then you have the NJPW teams that appear sometimes:
Roppongi Vice
The Guerillas of Destiny

If anything, they just need to focus more on some of the teams they have.

I think Roppongi Vice should get an ROH World Tag Team Championship match
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Looks like Kenny Omega's gone from NJPW.

That's a man ROH needs.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

That has to be a work. No way Omega is done in NJPW.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

no way omega is done with njpw :lol: :lol:

chill!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Ray Rowe going to WWE makes sense given Dobson is already there. It was noted that him and Hanson are working on trying to stay with ROH as a team and given how WWE is lowballing a lot of guys, kinda wondering what he would do IF ROH were to offer him more money than NXT but his gf would be in NXT. So it is what it is.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

cgstong wrote:Ray Rowe going to WWE makes sense given Dobson is already there. It was noted that him and Hanson are working on trying to stay with ROH as a team and given how WWE is lowballing a lot of guys, kinda wondering what he would do IF ROH were to offer him more money than NXT but his gf would be in NXT. So it is what it is.
Rowe should take the most money. The fact that he is involved a relationship with a WWE employee is not a factor. From a creative standpoint Rowe is a much better fit for ROH/ NJPW . Rowe is a short jr. heavyweight that work a power style . I stood next to him at a Nashville show. Rowe is 5 ' 9'' at best . Reminds of of Taz in his prime. HHH would probably love Rowe , Vince and Dunn not so much.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

famicommander wrote:
BurningHammer wrote:I have no problem with War Machine at all, I think they are very underrated and deserve a better rub of the green within ROH. ROH needs tag teams right now and keeping War Machine would make so much sense, I also think both guys have a lot more to give singles wise.
I think ROH has more than enough tag teams:
The Addiction
Motor City Machine Guns
The Young Bucks
War Machine
Keith Lee and Shane Taylor
Silas Young and the Beer City Bruiser
Cheeseburger and Will Ferrara
The All Night Express
reDragon (at least until O'Reilly leaves, which appears to be very likely)
The Briscoes
The Tempura Boyz

And then you have the NJPW teams that appear sometimes:
Roppongi Vice
The Guerillas of Destiny

If anything, they just need to focus more on some of the teams they have.

I think Roppongi Vice should get an ROH World Tag Team Championship match
I would personally only two to three of those teams are legitimate teams that can create something with in the tag team scene and many I don't really want to see around. To me just looking at shows how thread bare ROH is with the tag team scene, it really needs an overhaul and try and create something unique.

If you could add the NJPW guys far more regurly and tie them into feuds then that would be great but right now pure ROH tag teams just aren't that great, the team that could really surprise would be the Twins. They have improved a lot as wrestlers, have a tie/connection due to Castle and their interaction with the audience and I think given some strong creative could go far.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I would certainly think Omega may well be headed to WWE, I don't think you put on a performance like that and not win without knowing your future is elsewhere. If he does stay with NJPW then the contract is going to have to be huge and his position will be slightly weird considering the title situation currently.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

BurningHammer wrote:I would certainly think Omega may well be headed to WWE, I don't think you put on a performance like that and not win without knowing your future is elsewhere. If he does stay with NJPW then the contract is going to have to be huge and his position will be slightly weird considering the title situation currently.
He is not going to WWE. Especially not after all he said about them in recent interviews. Rumor mill is churning that he will return some time after A New Beginning which isn't that far away.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

cgstong wrote:
BurningHammer wrote:I would certainly think Omega may well be headed to WWE, I don't think you put on a performance like that and not win without knowing your future is elsewhere. If he does stay with NJPW then the contract is going to have to be huge and his position will be slightly weird considering the title situation currently.
He is not going to WWE. Especially not after all he said about them in recent interviews. Rumor mill is churning that he will return some time after A New Beginning which isn't that far away.
Keep in mind he was probably playing a character in those interviews, he's stated before he's not against returning eventually. That being said I'd still be shocked if he went back this soon.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Memphis Mark wrote:
cgstong wrote:Ray Rowe going to WWE makes sense given Dobson is already there. It was noted that him and Hanson are working on trying to stay with ROH as a team and given how WWE is lowballing a lot of guys, kinda wondering what he would do IF ROH were to offer him more money than NXT but his gf would be in NXT. So it is what it is.
Rowe should take the most money. The fact that he is involved a relationship with a WWE employee is not a factor. From a creative standpoint Rowe is a much better fit for ROH/ NJPW . Rowe is a short jr. heavyweight that work a power style . I stood next to him at a Nashville show. Rowe is 5 ' 9'' at best . Reminds of of Taz in his prime. HHH would probably love Rowe , Vince and Dunn not so much.
Money is not the only thing in the world bro
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Brada

Post by Brada »

Omega isn't going anywhere.....just pulling him away rather than moving him down the card while Okada fends off Suzuki-Gun...which I think will be a very short program...then it will be back to Omega I'm guessing..
rovert

Post by rovert »

As I posted on Twitter earlier today. Recent ROH contracts have had an addendum added to them in light of recent changes in the industry and advances in technology. Under the "Performer may not perform services related to or in connection with....." section that lists WWE, WWN etc it now lists FloSlam.

Changes will take a while to come to effect as ROH is letting talents finishing up their bookings some of which stretch out for months.

But wrestlers now will sign into a contract where their home, favourite or best paying indie shot may get taken away if they do one FloSlam iPPV. ROH contracts pay fairly well & a steady paycheck is cool but if you are a promising wrestler it is a terrible agreement to tie yourself to. Limiting young wrestlers this way will stump their growth.

The New Japan-ROH relationship while strong now could fall apart by the time some signing for a year or two's contract expires. Also putting your "brand" into Delirious's hands can really cool off your career momentum.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

is normal that they make these contracts because is a competition...you need to protect your product,also if you are in roh you are worldwide so thats not a limitation.

the booking..well thats a thing that can be good or bad in any other promotion.

i see the njpw/roh deal still very strong so...no problem by now.
WHG

Post by WHG »

In reality, the intent of the contracts haven't changed at all...the Flo participating indies' distribution has. They've entered the live paid streaming business. It's no different from talent appearing on an iPPV, which hasn't been allowed for years and years. ROH pays their talent for some degree of exclusivity, whether it's from appearing on TV/iPPV/streaming or in some cases not working anywhere else in North America. Otherwise, why not just let the talent work Evolve if they want, too? Why bother with contracts at all.

Will remain to be seen, but my guess is they will not prevent talent from working Flo-aligned indies on shows that aren't streaming. The big thing will be not appearing on Flo, which makes business sense.
Jay Lethal's Hair

Post by Jay Lethal's Hair »

WHG wrote:This level of guy is where Gabe is going to beat ROH every time.

Gabe is cherrypicking guys who got some level of national exposure from ROH. Kincaid and Lee are good examples. Lio Rush might end up being the next one when his deal is up. It should 100% be the opposite, but to attract them ROH would have to throw off their entire pay scale. They've put themselves in a tough spot.
FloSlam money has put them in a tough spot so it'll be interesting to see what happens. Lee had a big 2016, both companies are in on that buzz. He does a lot with Beyond who have already tag teamed dates with Evolve and FloSlam. I wouldn't say Kincaid is in the same universe as the other two, but i see your point.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

jordidebaas wrote:
Memphis Mark wrote:
Money is not the only thing in the world bro
Right . It is your health first and then the money . Money is an issue if your home is not paid off , your children's college and your retirement is not fully funded . A person can turn around be 70 years old and penniless if they are not careful. Wrestlers have short careers , so they have to be concerned about maximizing their earning . All these other issues should be secondary to an adult. In the long run whether you dislike the booker , dislike the office , are mad about the way you are booked , are pissed off about a friend being fired or what ever else comes up is not really important. A adult looks 30 years down the road, they don't cry over petty issues.

First the talent needs to get money . Then they can work on the secondary issues. I mean why should these guys really care about Delirious. In the near future Delirious is either be fired or given another job in the company . Most of the talent that resigns will probably outlast Delirious . I mean really you would think that some out these guys would be to outmaneuver Delirious and work the corporate system to their advantage. .

The guys that are smart are handling their business behind closed doors . Guys like ACH and Elgin bitch and moan in public and just destroy their careers . Elgin reminds me of Ryback. Always bitching and moaning on social media like a spoiled brat .

I don't like the WWE product . I been a wrestling fan since 1970. The WWE is the McDonalds of Wrestling business.. They are wildly successful but their product is pure crap. That said I cannot blame guys for going to the WWE . They want the PPV payouts and gimmick money. However , I recall when Cactus Jack and Shane Douglas both left ECW for the WWF . Jack made it big while Shane failed and headed back to ECW .

I don't worry about the WWE signing all of these guys. Most of them will be back in NJPW , ROH , TNA or the indies. For every wrestler that makes in the WWE there are at least 10 that fail.