ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
SweetDaddy

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by SweetDaddy »

Thanks.

I've been reading for a couple months trying to find out if The Franchise Jay Lethal had resigned and just decided today to start posting.

I'm no insider by any means but I am a fan who attends the shows regularly and know Brent and Brandon Tate and Jason Kincaid personally.

I'm just a fan who figured out ROH and NJPW was the best rasslin going and gave up WWE.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

SweetDaddy wrote:Redragon is the best thing Fish and O'Reilly have going. I don't think Fish would have resigned if KOR wasn't far behind especially if he was in such high demand as has been suggested.

As far as KOR goes am I the only one who isn't surprised that he doesn't have many if any offers?

If NJPW don't want him I don't think WWE would want him without Fish so his only options are ROH or TNA.

If he wants to jump on that sinking ship then I hope he was friends with Moose so maybe he can climb on his back to keep from drowning.
Doubtful O'Reilly would quit ROH to go to TNA given who he listens to and who his friends are.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Not sure where to put this, but ROH added a few new live event DVDs, and I had a nice laugh at the event that had Cole vs. Bull James on it not even have Bull James pictured on the DVD lol

http://rohwrestling.com/product/102116- ... dalefl-dvd
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I wouldn't put Bull James on the cover of anything I was trying to sell either.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote:I wouldn't put Bull James on the cover of anything I was trying to sell either.
This.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

famicommander wrote:I wouldn't put Bull James on the cover of anything I was trying to sell either.
Dart board?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
The Cole vs. O’Reilly finish was the most significant from a U.S. standpoint. It was well known going in that O’Reilly would retain if he signed a new deal. The loss means he decided against signing, which was still up in the air until this past week. WWE has real interest in him. With Bobby Fish staying with ROH and New Japan, it breaks up their tag team. O’Reilly was one of the best Americans at working in Japan because of his MMA-based style and ability to adapt it to have great pro wrestling matches, and was a particular favorite of New Japan owner Takaaki Kidani. He’d have been a key player in what is expected to be a junior heavyweight boom year in Japan, or even as a heavyweight, since his style would work well with the Tanahashi, Naito, Goto, Shibata and Okada headliners.
Jay Lethal, Bobby Fish, Hangman Page and Christopher Daniels signed new contracts. Lethal signed a two-year-deal.

Right now, ROH officials expect Kyle O’Reilly and Ray Rowe to leave for WWE, and that just about everyone else is staying. At this point, Rowe & Hanson are attempting to stay together as a tag team and make a package deal with ROH, New Japan, the combination of both or WWE all in the hunt. The belief is Adam Cole will be WWE-bound in May but from a legal standpoint he’s not even allowed to negotiate with them until 5/1.

From a legal standpoint, none of the contracted talent was allowed to negotiate with anyone else until 1/1. Quite clearly things went down very differently in real life.

Fish ended up taking this offer above an offer from WWE.
WHG

Post by WHG »

Like I felt about Moose and Bennett, I would put Rowe and Hanson in a category of guys who I'd offer a deal to...but absolutely not overspend for. War Machine had a nice run to the tag titles...then never really got to the next level with the belts. Their feuds with the Briscoes & PB Killers were good, but I don't feel like there's that much left for them to do and I'd much prefer Lee & Taylor get their spots as the tag giants.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

The Rowe situation seems rather convoluted but I guess there are still a lot of question marks their. I do think having Row and Hansen on a combi deal would be best for everyone involved considering I can see War Machine really making a name for themselves in Japan and that will really help them within ROH, especially since the tag team scene is rather bereft of talents.

Nice to see that Page is signed on as well, I think if you can keep the likes of Dijak, Rush with War Machine and the addition of Lee and Taylor, and a couple of others, you have a good-very good roster. It's one that if you plan well you could really achieve a lot.

I am hugely surprised at Kyle's decision, It will be so interesting to see how he goes within the WWE and where they place him.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

I enjoy War Machine a lot more than most so I'd be pretty disappointed if they left. I really want to see them in Japan for a good amount of time. I really do believe that they're future IWGP Tag Team Champions.
Jay Lethal's Hair

Post by Jay Lethal's Hair »

I've seen the news on Shane Taylor, but Keith Lee has been quiet. I haven't seen it anywhere that they're a package deal.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

They suck so only having one of them is better than having both.

It's not like ROH needs tag teams anyway.

How many do you need for a 1 hour weekly show?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote:I enjoy War Machine a lot more than most so I'd be pretty disappointed if they left. I really want to see them in Japan for a good amount of time. I really do believe that they're future IWGP Tag Team Champions.
I have been pretty harsh on Hanson in the past but I will give the mother fucker the benefit of the doubt for being able to sit through that Kevin Sullivan promo a few months back. Jesus, Sullivan was right in his mug giving this rambling promo (I defer to Big Red Machine for being able to decipher Sullivan-speak. A couple of posts indicated he had more of a grasp on the subject matter than I. But I digress...) and how the hell Hanson made it through that promo without laughing his ass off and breaking character blows me away.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
King of Indy Style wrote:I enjoy War Machine a lot more than most so I'd be pretty disappointed if they left. I really want to see them in Japan for a good amount of time. I really do believe that they're future IWGP Tag Team Champions.
I have been pretty harsh on Hanson in the past but I will give the mother fucker the benefit of the doubt for being able to sit through that Kevin Sullivan promo a few months back. Jesus, Sullivan was right in his mug giving this rambling promo (I defer to Big Red Machine for being able to decipher Sullivan-speak. A couple of posts indicated he had more of a grasp on the subject matter than I. But I digress...) and how the hell Hanson made it through that promo without laughing his ass off and breaking character blows me away.
I don't know how he did it, but deep inside I hope it's because it's not a gimmick and War Machine shoot don't ever laugh.
rovert

Post by rovert »

Jay Lethal's Hair wrote:I've seen the news on Shane Taylor, but Keith Lee has been quiet. I haven't seen it anywhere that they're a package deal.
It could change with one phone call/pay increase but I don't expect Lee signing with ROH.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I really like War Machine, hope they stay in ROH and do more tours in Japan. The PBK... Yeah, Shane Taylor is good at promos, but the wrestler with most potential is (by far) Keith Lee. They will book them together the next phew months. If they beat The Briscoes in Texas and then go for the Tag Titles (at SCOH or BitW), maybe Lee will sign. He's such a phenomenal talent, his work in the Texas indy scene is great, plus, he had a cool run at Beyond Wrestling last year.
WHG

Post by WHG »

This level of guy is where Gabe is going to beat ROH every time.

Lee isn't a star yet, but it's pretty obvious he's GOING to be one. Since ROH has to worry about outbidding people for their top guys, there's only so much they're going to be willing to pay a guy like Lee. Evolve isn't going to get in on the bidding on the top guys...but he can probably make very comparable offers to guys like Lee.

If you're in Lee's shoes, why would you ever pick ROH over Evolve if the money were equal or even close to it?

I hate to say it, but ROH is creeping into that TNA territory (which ultimately got them into financial trouble) where they're going to have to overpay guys to go there or stay. Fair or not, perception is reality and right now money is the main reason that ROH has been able to sign the guys they have recently.

Gabe is cherrypicking guys who got some level of national exposure from ROH. Kincaid and Lee are good examples. Lio Rush might end up being the next one when his deal is up. It should 100% be the opposite, but to attract them ROH would have to throw off their entire pay scale. They've put themselves in a tough spot.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

here we go again...
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

WHG wrote:This level of guy is where Gabe is going to beat ROH every time.

Lee isn't a star yet, but it's pretty obvious he's GOING to be one. Since ROH has to worry about outbidding people for their top guys, there's only so much they're going to be willing to pay a guy like Lee. Evolve isn't going to get in on the bidding on the top guys...but he can probably make very comparable offers to guys like Lee.

If you're in Lee's shoes, why would you ever pick ROH over Evolve if the money were equal or even close to it?

I hate to say it, but ROH is creeping into that TNA territory (which ultimately got them into financial trouble) where they're going to have to overpay guys to go there or stay. Fair or not, perception is reality and right now money is the main reason that ROH has been able to sign the guys they have recently.

Gabe is cherrypicking guys who got some level of national exposure from ROH. Kincaid and Lee are good examples. Lio Rush might end up being the next one when his deal is up. It should 100% be the opposite, but to attract them ROH would have to throw off their entire pay scale. They've put themselves in a tough spot.

Money or the potential of future earnings should be the only reason any talent signs with any company. As for Keith Lee , I am sure Gabe and former ROH employees are in his ear bad mouthing ROH , happens in every business. That is one of the down sides of ROH talent working PWG and other indy shows. The other side is there recruiting ROH talent and / or ROH prospects.

Keith Lee should sign with ROH and use ROH to get into NJPW . In NJPW , Lee could increase his market value to the WWE . If he signs with Evolve he just another guy in a crowded locker room .

ROH is not going to get into any money trouble. ROH is part of a very profitable, publicly traded , multi- billion dollar broadcasting company. SBGI has the money to sign any wrestler they want . If they want Keith Lee , Matt Riddle , Jeff Cobb or any of these hot new guys they could sign they all with a phone call. If they want Kyle O'Reilly they would resign him .

Money is always the deciding factor in any business, unless you have the mentality of a 12 year old. However , SBGI is about making money and keeps ROH on a tight talent budget. In the end , ROH will have the talent they need to run the company and make a profit.