ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
rovert

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by rovert »

cgstong wrote:Not sure what it means but Corey Hollis just tweeted an image of the ROH logo

https://twitter.com/CoreyHollis/status/ ... 4571948032
Corey would be a quality signing.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Agreed, hoping that is what he is alluding to, has the potential to be a very good rising star over the next couple of years.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

I remember a Corey Hollis vs. Dalton Castle match from a Live Event I really enjoyed. At least I believe it was Hollis.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Even though it’s felt like this was in the making since an eternity ago, Hollis being signed would still make him one of the youngest talents on the roster. ROH is in need of that at the moment.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Corey Hollis is a good worker, I remember his awesome tag team match with Gresham against The Decade in Atlanta two years ago.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

At this point ROH needs Corey Hollis like Uma Thurman needed the adrenaline shot in the heart in Pulp Fiction.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

PWtorch is reporting the following.. OF COURSE AFTER I RECORD A NEWSCAST AND TALK ABOUT THE LAST UPDATES :oops:

Bobby Fish has re-signed with the company to a contract of unknown length. They note that he entertained offers from WWE, NJPW, and TNA who all expressed interest in signing him. Not sure why he wouldn't sign with NJPW but perhaps there is still an opening.

The Briscoe Brothers signed an 18 month contract at the beginning of 2016 that is set to expire at the end of June.

Christopher Daniels is currently under a long-term contract with the company, so he will be part of ROH for the foreseeable future.
With his backstage duties well known, this is not that big of a shock.

This is the latest update for Kyle O'Reilly:
Current ROH World Champion Kyle O’Reilly isn’t expected to make a decision on his future imminently due to personal issues. PWTorch can confirm that O’Reilly does not have an offer from NJPW at this time on the table, but he does have an offer from ROH. WWE has also expressed interest in signing O’Reilly.

ROH still has some work to do when it comes to retaining their talent. It will likely take some time for the O’Reilly situation to sort out that at this time remains personal and private for O’Reilly. O’Reilly was also said to have been frustrated with the direction of the company during 2016.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

So that's Bobby Fish, leaving O'Reilly who it has been said will discuss a contract in Japan, so the outcome of O'Reilly/Cole could for all intended purpose to an indication of whether he has or will be signing a new contract or not.

This also means that the departures some have been alluding to as though it were going to be the downfall of ROH, are no more than Michael Elgin who wasn't appearing anyway and who most fans soured on, and potentially Cole and O'Reilly, the former of which leaving while a loss to the roster, has been teased for so long and is pretty inevitable.

Once again, a load of hoopla about nothing.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Don't know if this was brought up here yet, but PWInsider noted that Adam Page's contract expired at the end of 2016. While, personally, I wouldn't care that much if Adam Page stays or leaves, his association with The Bullet Club in New Japan makes me think he's staying (but that's just me speculating).
WHG

Post by WHG »

Hope they signed Hollis, but I'd guess it's just alluding to him being booked for Atlanta. I think they usually use him when they go there.
Jay Lethal's Hair

Post by Jay Lethal's Hair »

The most interesting piece in the Torch bit is that O'Reilly does not have a contract offer from NJPW.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Don't know if this was brought up here yet, but PWInsider noted that Adam Page's contract expired at the end of 2016. While, personally, I wouldn't care that much if Adam Page stays or leaves, his association with The Bullet Club in New Japan makes me think he's staying (but that's just me speculating).
I did read that and meant to post it too. Thanks man!
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
WHG

Post by WHG »

Jay Lethal's Hair wrote:The most interesting piece in the Torch bit is that O'Reilly does not have a contract offer from NJPW.
Made more interesting by the suggestion that Fish DID have an NJPW offer. If that's really true, something's up with Kyle, obviously. Remember that Dave reported that he had a medical condition that was going to prevent him from flying for the UK Tour (which he obviously made it for anyway)? Total speculation on my part, but I can't help but wonder if that's related.

Hope above all else that everything is okay for him.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

WHG wrote:
Jay Lethal's Hair wrote:The most interesting piece in the Torch bit is that O'Reilly does not have a contract offer from NJPW.
Made more interesting by the suggestion that Fish DID have an NJPW offer. If that's really true, something's up with Kyle, obviously. Remember that Dave reported that he had a medical condition that was going to prevent him from flying for the UK Tour (which he obviously made it for anyway)? Total speculation on my part, but I can't help but wonder if that's related.

Hope above all else that everything is okay for him.
Wouldn't said medical condition prevent him from passing a WWE physical?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I think I heard or read somewhere that Kyle was just rather ill, I don't think it was anything sinister or major, just was touch an go wether or not he would be well enough for that tour, obviously he recovered enough to go.
WHG

Post by WHG »

In any event, I hope all is okay for him.

FIsh re-signing is the single best sign for ROH being able to possibly re-sign him. I mean, unless those two had some kind of falling out, I'd think that Kyle wouldn't want to completely abandon reDRagon as an act. To me, Kyle's best path for eventual WWE success would be reDRagon going in as a tag team, where they could instantly be a huge, even main roster act. Then, when Bobby hangs it up, Kyle transitions to singles.
Brada

Post by Brada »

WHG wrote:In any event, I hope all is okay for him.

FIsh re-signing is the single best sign for ROH being able to possibly re-sign him. I mean, unless those two had some kind of falling out, I'd think that Kyle wouldn't want to completely abandon reDRagon as an act. To me, Kyle's best path for eventual WWE success would be reDRagon going in as a tag team, where they could instantly be a huge, even main roster act. Then, when Bobby hangs it up, Kyle transitions to singles.
Completely agree with you here.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

WHG wrote:In any event, I hope all is okay for him.

Fish re-signing seems a strange one if you are looking at the offers he had, to me that would suggest either things we nowhere near as bad as some are stating or his contract has easy out, money could obviously have been a selling point.

Would Fish at 40 though really be able to go that far in WWE he maybe has one or two years left and his ring work isn't exactly what you need when starting somewhere fresh and looking to make an impression.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Redragon is the best thing Fish and O'Reilly have going. I don't think Fish would have resigned if KOR wasn't far behind especially if he was in such high demand as has been suggested.

As far as KOR goes am I the only one who isn't surprised that he doesn't have many if any offers?

If NJPW don't want him I don't think WWE would want him without Fish so his only options are ROH or TNA.

If he wants to jump on that sinking ship then I hope he was friends with Moose so maybe he can climb on his back to keep from drowning.
Brada

Post by Brada »

SweetDaddy wrote: If he wants to jump on that sinking ship then I hope he was friends with Moose so maybe he can climb on his back to keep from drowning.
Well played Sweet Daddy.....welcome to the forum. I like your humor already.