ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
TYFDK

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by TYFDK »

Your last point, exactly. No one is going 'no Elgin on this show? Then I ain't goin'!'
Jay Lethal's Hair

Post by Jay Lethal's Hair »

Montana wrote:I'll play devil's advocate on Jason Kincaid... and ill preface by saying i'm not that familiar with the guy, other than his stuff on youtube. But here's some reasons why i think ROH didn't sign Kincaid right away.

- 13 year veteran... ROH has enough veteran talent at the moment with Bad Influence, MCMG, coleman, young, Cabana, etc. etc

- Average mic skills, nothing stood out here

- Has some good innovative moves, however they weren't pulled off flawlessly. With that being said, could potentially be dangerous/sloppy. (Like i said earlier, i've mostly seen snippets, but this is the general feeling i get)

- Size , very average frame. Not much in terms of muscle.

He looks to be a pretty good wrestler, i guess i'm just not as surprised he didn't get signed. If i'm ROH , and from what i see from ROH, they go after younger wrestlers, with better builds. IE: Cole, Page, Jay White.. or guys with size like War Machine/Moose.
This isn't even playing devil's advocate, these are all solid points. And you were gracious about his size - as you easily can add on that his look is not very good.

There's only so many guys they can commit to contract-wise.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Brada wrote:I can find out if PWG financially assisted VIP.........I have some friends in that VIP group....I'll ask around and see what I can find out.

Absolutely NOT TRUE. ACH straight up no showed them. No monies paid.
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

Brada wrote:
Brada wrote:I can find out if PWG financially assisted VIP.........I have some friends in that VIP group....I'll ask around and see what I can find out.

Wow that unprofessional If that true I wonder if pwg knew he was already booked
Roque11

Post by Roque11 »

So now people are turning on PWG. These people evenually turn on every wrestler and company they hype up. I bet a lot of this has to do with PWG's ROH connection, as these people are known to be biased against ROH.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Brada wrote:

ACH is an overrated asshole who I don't miss an iota. Cannot tell a story in the ring for shit. Has been on the roster for years now and has not taken the time to study how Daniels, Fish, etc., ply their trade. This development does not surprise me at all. I hereby nominate Silas Young for sainthood for having to carry this useless sack of shit thru their feud earlier in the year.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Memphis Mark wrote:Michael Elgin did another interview where he buried Ring of Honor. This was before his twitter post stating that he would not work for ROH anymore.

Elgin complained about his title run , he complained about having to work with Lethal in NJPW , he complained that ROH was not signing his students and / or friends and was generally negative about the way ROH was being operated by the current staff. . Jason Kincaid was one of the people he was pushing to ROH .

Elgin really should learn how to conduct business behind closed doors instead of complaining about ROH during interviews. I would think that Elgin is done in ROH for quite some time.

Also , ACH no showed VIP Wrestling in Dallas to take a last minute PWG booking. VIP had ACH booked for quite some time and yet he took the PWG booking at the last minute. It appears ROH was wise to end their business relationship with ACH . A person word is everything.
Elgin is such a fucking diva. Whether I agree or not, Delirious hitched his wagon to Elgin at one time to try and put him over as THE GUY in ROH. Elgin shit his pants as the champion and has no one but to blame but himself for his impotent title reign. I would go on to say that Elgin is quite possibly THE WORST ROH Champion ever. I could care less if I ever see him again.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Brada wrote:
ACH is an overrated asshole who I don't miss an iota. Cannot tell a story in the ring for shit. Has been on the roster for years now and has not taken the time to study how Daniels, Fish, etc., ply their trade. This development does not surprise me at all. I hereby nominate Silas Young for sainthood for having to carry this useless sack of shit thru their feud earlier in the year.
Well PWG tweeted this out the other day....
@OfficialPWG Dec 18
Just want to clear up some rumors. Nobody at Mystery Vortex IV was asked to pull out of another show to do PWG.
@OfficialPWG Dec 18
I certainly didn't pay any promotions to let me use wrestlers they had booked. Everyone on the show told me they were available when asked.
I'm guessing that's Super Dragon talking, but that's at least PWG's side of the story.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Elgin is such a fucking diva. Whether I agree or not, Delirious hitched his wagon to Elgin at one time to try and put him over as THE GUY in ROH. Elgin shit his pants as the champion and has no one but to blame but himself for his impotent title reign. I would go on to say that Elgin is quite possibly THE WORST ROH Champion ever. I could care less if I ever see him again.
No way Elgin is worse than Xavier.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Brada wrote:

It was reported that a video was shown of ACH apologising for his absence, I don't know how true that is but I believe it came from someone in attendance.

I also knew that he wouldn't be at VIP a week previous, in fact I had no idea that the VIP booking existed and he was just set for the PWG.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Elgin is such a fucking diva. Whether I agree or not, Delirious hitched his wagon to Elgin at one time to try and put him over as THE GUY in ROH. Elgin shit his pants as the champion and has no one but to blame but himself for his impotent title reign. I would go on to say that Elgin is quite possibly THE WORST ROH Champion ever. I could care less if I ever see him again.
Seeing Elgin in NJPW today is great, though I can fully accept him not working in ROH for a while. It’s kind of a depressing thing that I immediately side with Elgin’s generally emotional perspective, but I’m sure the ROH office was the one that botched the relation and that Elgin is relatively correct for his actions. Due to both of their weaknesses, it seems rather plain that their relationship will never completely work out.

And due to the relative intrigue of the Prophecy storyline, I’m in agreement that Elgin was the weakest ROH champion ever. It’s one of the most embarrassing reigns of the past 16 years.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Seems like Nigel is getting a full time contract with WWE. Here's what Michael Cole said to ESPN:
"I cannot wait. I've been trying to get Nigel here for a long time, and this just worked out to be the perfect venue to bring him aboard.

"He's gonna start his career off as part of this tournament, but he's gonna be with WWE full time going forward,we have a lot of plans for Nigel, and I think fans are going to be excited seeing what he has coming in his career. There's not a better person to be able to do this."
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so...Drew Galloway's contract is up in February.

he can be a good choice for roh.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Elgin is such a fucking diva. Whether I agree or not, Delirious hitched his wagon to Elgin at one time to try and put him over as THE GUY in ROH. Elgin shit his pants as the champion and has no one but to blame but himself for his impotent title reign. I would go on to say that Elgin is quite possibly THE WORST ROH Champion ever. I could care less if I ever see him again.
No way Elgin is worse than Xavier.
Whether Xavier was worse than Elgin is subjective I guess. The difference was Xavier was unworthy of the title which is what generated his heat. Elgin was anointed...and fucking choked.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Would have to agree about ACH. Never saw anything special in him other than FLIPZ and being a dork. How can you have guys like Lio Rush, Cedric Alexander and Matt Sydal on the roster, but you think ACH is your big guy. That space of time where they put him against all the big stars like Joe, Nakamura, Styles, Naito, ect. was the fucking pits. You have Samoa Joe back and you waste him with ACH. You have Shinsuke Nakamura and Tetsuya Naito, and the best you can do is ACH. Nobody said "Shinsuke Nakamura's come to ROH? Goddamn! I hope that he wrestles ACH!" That pissed me off more than anything. I hope he signs with the WWE so I don't ever have to see that overrated goof again.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote:Would have to agree about ACH. Never saw anything special in him other than FLIPZ and being a dork. How can you have guys like Lio Rush, Cedric Alexander and Matt Sydal on the roster, but you think ACH is your big guy. That space of time where they put him against all the big stars like Joe, Nakamura, Styles, Naito, ect. was the fucking pits. You have Samoa Joe back and you waste him with ACH. You have Shinsuke Nakamura and Tetsuya Naito, and the best you can do is ACH. Nobody said "Shinsuke Nakamura's come to ROH? Goddamn! I hope that he wrestles ACH!" That pissed me off more than anything. I hope he signs with the WWE so I don't ever have to see that overrated goof again.
I agree with this entire post.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
ROH has been slow in making offers for a lot of the talent whose contracts expire in the next few weeks
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

ACH>>>>Cedric
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Brada

Post by Brada »

BurningHammer wrote:
Brada wrote:

It was reported that a video was shown of ACH apologising for his absence, I don't know how true that is but I believe it came from someone in attendance.

I also knew that he wouldn't be at VIP a week previous, in fact I had know idea that the VIP booking existed and he was just set for the PWG.

Correct on the video. I was told that it was made and sent the day before the event when VIP was notified that ACH wouldn't be there.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Brada wrote: Correct on the video. I was told that it was made and sent the day before the event when VIP was notified that ACH wouldn't be there.
Really wow that's amazing, I honestly can't believe that considering how far in advance I now know this was going to happen.
K.O.

Post by K.O. »

jordidebaas wrote:ACH>>>>Cedric
I couldn't possibly disagree more.