ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BurningHammer

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by BurningHammer »

Memphis Mark wrote:One Friday the hammer will drop. Accounting will tell creative that there labor cost is too high . People will Tony Nese , Drew Gulak , TJ Perkins , Cedric Alexander , Johnny Garagano and a whole bunch of trainers will get pink slips. Companies cannot afford to have people on the payroll just to keep them away from rival companies. This practice of hoarding talent will not put TNA , CMLL , ROH and NJPW out of businesss . These companies will just make new stars.
I think that will be more down to wrestlers in all honesty, if they are happy with the amount they are getting paid, plus the TV/PPV time they are getting things will just role on and I doubt many will leave or be fired. Right now the WWE is able fund all of this because wrestlers aren't seeing there value when it comes to the WWE, just look at Cedric, this is a guy who apparently left ROH because of certain issues with booking and being handled, he is also apparently a guy people look up to ROH as having succeed, well if you call being involved in a story line where a crazy woman is after you and you're not actually being given any TV time or mic to react to this, while also only occasionally wrestling on TV and being on some NXT house show then wow wrestlers these days just sell themselves short and honestly most just might as well pack it up because if you say yes to that Vince will pull you in any direction he wants.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Wilson wrote:
Who knows, there were even rumors that New York was keeping tabs on this year’s Pick ‘Ems. You might want to check your itinerary, Brada.
I was going to hold a press conference later in the week with an announcement.
Jay Lethal's Hair

Post by Jay Lethal's Hair »

Memphis Mark wrote:One Friday the hammer will drop. Accounting will tell creative that there labor cost is too high . People will Tony Nese , Drew Gulak , TJ Perkins , Cedric Alexander , Johnny Garagano and a whole bunch of trainers will get pink slips. Companies cannot afford to have people on the payroll just to keep them away from rival companies. This practice of hoarding talent will not put TNA , CMLL , ROH and NJPW out of businesss . These companies will just make new stars.
This builds into why I never got the "2017 the WWE will be in an acquiring mode" talking point. First, they seemingly have been in this mode for the last couple of years and I don't see why it would spike now. NXT doesn't make a profit and their tours are down attendance-wise.

Eventually companies (and public companies) that expand at this rate have to look at the bottom-line figures and then they go on a hiring freeze and sort out the roster/budget.

Trainers are a different thing, that's investing on the future of the performance center and the NXT brand. It's great if Corino, Nigel and Whitmer can get a guaranteed check doing that. All the best to them, there will be others that step up in a backstage role.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

So, it's looks like BJ Whitmer isn't going anywhere soon... ROH have confirmed that War Machine will face BJ & Punishment at the Atlanta tapings.
TAG TEAM RE-MATCH
PUNISHMENT MARTINEZ & BJ WHITMER VS WAR MACHINE (HANSON & RAY ROWE)

On Ring of Honor Wrestling, fans saw an out-and-out brawl between four of the heaviest hitters in ROH. Punishment Martinez and BJ Whitmer took on former ROH World Tag Team Champions War Machine and the four heavy hitters went to a double disqualification in a bout that saw Martinez chokeslam Rowe through two side-by-side tables following the referee’s decision. From there, Hanson recovered but it was too late: Martinez and Whitmer were able to corner Hanson and incapacitate him, as well.

While there was no winner, the match certainly played heavy on the minds of all four competitors. Whitmer’s conduct earned him a 30-day suspension, costing him opportunities on the Survival of the Fittest and Reach for the Sky Tours while the punishment inflicted on War Machine left a lasting impact on Hanson and Rowe as they went into their first World Tag League Tournament.

War Machine returns to the United States seeking revenge! After winning four bouts in the A Block of the 2016 World Tag League Tournament, Hanson and Rowe head to Atlanta at the top of their game with their eyes set on Martinez and Whitmer. These four surely won’t hold anything back when ROH returns to Center Stage!
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

AlexROH wrote:So, it's looks like BJ Whitmer isn't going anywhere soon... ROH have confirmed that War Machine will face BJ & Punishment at the Atlanta tapings.
Whitmer re-signing is the definition of whatever.

In most circumstances, I would be excited for Martinez in the ring with either of War Machine, but this is a very particular circumstance in which all have been arrayed. This is also another classic ROH tactic of aloofly cooling off talent gaining traction.
rohfan237

Post by rohfan237 »

There are guys leaving working the Atlanta taping. Doesn't mean anything.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

What is Cary Silkin going to do without his bestie Nigel now?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

rohfan237 wrote:There are guys leaving working the Atlanta taping. Doesn't mean anything.
hey rovert whats up!
Roque11

Post by Roque11 »

monster mafia wrote:
rohfan237 wrote:There are guys leaving working the Atlanta taping. Doesn't mean anything.
hey rovert whats up!
I'm sure these guys will leave much like how the Bucks were suppose to leave.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
ROH has announced that Nigel McGuinness is no longer the matchmaker, which was a figurehead role for television. McGuinness became TV matchmaker when he was moved from the announcing spot when Steve Corino was brought in. McGuinness will be leaving the company and we do know that both McGuinness and B.J. Whitmer have been in talks about coaching positions at the Performance Center. We can’t confirm that McGuinness is leaving for that reason and has gotten a job there, but we know WWE has been interested and the timing makes it add up. I’ve always been impressed with his matches when it came to match layouts so he’d be a pretty good addition. .. Silas Young signed a one-year deal with the promotion
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

It's good for Nigel, I don't think he is anywhere near the quality you need as an announcer especially with his lapses in speach but it will be interesting to see how he does with a voice in his ear. I imagine also Nigel will love being back in the UK plus and I hope this happens he becomes a happier person as he hasn't been for a while.

For ROH it's going to be all new faces soon which isn't a bad thing and it will be interesting to see what happens from hear for ROH, also thank goodness Scurll and Ospreay are signed up. Think ROH might be wise to sign a couple more up before WWE really dig their claws in.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

In other news, Michael Elgin will no longer be working for ROH outside of joint shows with New Japan:
‏@MichaelElgin25 56m56 minutes ago
Outside of joint NJPW shows (if asked to be a part of course) I'll no longer be working for ROH.
I heard he told ROH that he was available to work the TV Tapings in Atlanta and their either didn't answer back or flat out told him no. Regardless, it's very unfortunate.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

same old dance with elgin...

he is a njpw guy so..nobody cares about him in roh.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I don't think this really changes much for ROH considering Elgin wasn't exactly a main guy this year, the fact that he will be with NJPW on the super shows probably makes it better for Elgin and ROH in the end.

Also if it means I get to see Keith Lee more instead I'll happily take that.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

rovert wrote:
elloziom wrote:Does anybody know what's situation with Delirious? There were some talks of him getting fired earlier in the year.

Interesting day to ask. There's a lot of pressure on him still. There's a lot of scope for him to be replaced by Corino at the 11th hour of Corino leaving for WWE.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Happy for Nigel. This thing is interesting for good and bad reasons and obviously not just for ROH.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Montana

Post by Montana »

I'm happy for Nigel as well. He's put a lot of years in with ROH, and has had a great run. Maybe it was miscommunication, or lack of communication with Nigel + ROH, but it's not a major loss and ROH has already said they were more focused on signing younger wrestlers like the young bucks. Win/Win imo.