ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
The Dragon Saga

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by The Dragon Saga »

rohfan237 wrote:ROH got mad at Ciampa for moving from the Northeast.

Unfortunately they're all marks, brother. Bigger marks than anyone on this board. I won't dispute some of what you're saying, but he's making more than the average exclusive ROH deal. Also, I'm not sure how his "Long-term ceiling" is lower now than two years ago.

This place is absolutely TNA Mecca.
Hey Trevor.
rohfan237

Post by rohfan237 »

No, I am not rovert.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Considering what the WWE are doing now generally and supposedly what they are looking to do in January it wouldn't surprise me if quite a few did leave. In all honesty both for workers and the WWE is actually easier money than ROH in some ways. You can maybe make a bit more and the upside will their in the future possibly and the WWE knows they can afford the payments as they just aren't that high. Wrestlers unfortunately now more than ever are working on "the possibility" and that's the biggest shame, It's shown that if you make it in ROH and put yourself into a main spot generally you will find yourself in a much bigger position on the WWE's main roster. Wrestlers in some ways don't want to do the time it and would rather go through NXT and maybe considering some of the ages of the guys it might be hard to blame them.

Right now whoever leaves, leaves, that's up to them, if they think they can better shake and career elsewhere then they go. Currently both Dijak and Rowe are in their Thirties and I doubt they want to go into their 40's if they have the chance, Rush seems to has a clear idea of where he wants to be and considering his booking has been so so, although I do think with his age that's what it should be, Fish has had his best moments of his career the last few years thanks to ROH and considering his age maybe his spot should be used for someone younger, O'Reilly was made champ so if it wants to leave after that then he can because if you can't be pleased by being the guy despite it possibly being later or maybe the wrong well then in all honesty he probably should go, because there isn't much more to do to please someone.

I don't see why people are calling this place a TNA Mecca, I think everyone realises that ROH isn't the be all and end all, while also being fair on the product, sometimes it probably bleeds more to the negative than the positive in all honesty. If you spend long enough here people would probably realise that. Also I agree if you are going to claim something back it up there isn't anything abnormal about that, what is abnormal is to believe something without proof. I wish in all honesty people would out there sources, the fact that people don't show one their marks and two the people who are giving the info don't have the balls to stand by what they are telling people.
Brada

Post by Brada »

WHG wrote:I'm not saying it's a sure thing Kyle is staying if he hasn't signed yet...but to keep perspective many people thought Elgin was winning the title at WK10 last year in the Dome because Lethal hadn't resigned yet following Final Battle.

Now the big rumor is that Cole is winning it back in the Dome. You know, Cole...the same guy who was rumored to be gone 12/31 (who will likely actually be gone in April).

The point is there's no exodus...and the "12/31" people on Twitter should feel really foolish.

Cole has ZERO chance of winning the title back in the Dome. I have a better chance at winning the powerball tonight quite frankly.

Kyle has obviously re-signed. No way in hell ROH takes a chance at putting the strap on a guy in the main event of the biggest show of the year on a guy that is "negotiating".

Secondly, let's say I'm wrong and that's exactly what they did. What would make ROH decide to pull the switch on a NJPW show? Good lord, if that wouldn't make ROH COMPLETELY look like New Japan's bitch, I don't know what else could.

Come on now, IF it was a negotiating tactic gone wrong, AT LEAST capitalize on the opportunity to correct your mistake and create headlines on YOUR product, not fucking Japan's!!!

Strip the strap off KOR (insert explanation here) and turn the Atlanta TV Taping into a tournament down to the final, which could then be your main event for Vegas.....or something along those lines. Point being, DO IT ON YOUR TERMS, not throw it away at Wrestle Kingdom in front of a crowd that doesn't give two shits about who has the ROH World Championship. You do that business in front of your own market, because if you don't, then you are sending the message that "doing it in a dome" is more important than entertaining your own fan base.

With all that said, AGAIN..........ZERO CHANCE of Cole regaining at WK11..........................Bay Bay.......
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

I do agree that it's very unlikely to see Cole regain the world title at WK, BUT I can see Delirious being stubborn enough to finish his """grand""" storyline of O'Reilly winning the big one the way he wanted for once, then quickly go back to Cole because people don't really care about #TheKyleMan anymore after a year and a half of horrendous booking. I mean, just look at how many storylines tanked for various reasons :

- Face Elgin vs. heel Ciampa at FB 2014 because... fans didn't care about Elgin and he did some stupid shit himself.
- Briscoes vs. Ciampa because Ciampa's heel turn didn't stick and he got lost in some shitty zero tolerance storyline instead.
- Lethal vs. O'Reilly for reasons I explained about a trillion times at this point.
- Lethal vs. ACH because whatever happened at ASE 2014.
- War Machine winning the tag belts before Rowe almost died in a motorcycle crash.
- ACH and Sydal winning the tag belts at BITW this year because Sydal chose New Japan over ROH.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

rohfan237 wrote:No, I am not rovert.
So you're just stealing his gimmick.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Thelone wrote:I do agree that it's very unlikely to see Cole regain the world title at WK, BUT I can see Delirious being stubborn enough to finish his """grand""" storyline of O'Reilly winning the big one the way he wanted for once, then quickly go back to Cole because people don't really care about #TheKyleMan anymore after a year and a half of horrendous booking. I mean, just look at how many storylines tanked for various reasons :

- Face Elgin vs. heel Ciampa at FB 2014 because... fans didn't care about Elgin and he did some stupid shit himself.
- Briscoes vs. Ciampa because Ciampa's heel turn didn't stick and he got lost in some shitty zero tolerance storyline instead.
- Lethal vs. O'Reilly for reasons I explained about a trillion times at this point.
- Lethal vs. ACH because whatever happened at ASE 2014.
- War Machine winning the tag belts before Rowe almost died in a motorcycle crash.
- ACH and Sydal winning the tag belts at BITW this year because Sydal chose New Japan over ROH.
If you are right and Lizard man pulls that...........then that is just as damn stupid as putting his girlfriend in as the Corino replacement in the Sullivan/Whitmer storyline......good lord.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Why are these rumored departures concerning people? ROH has survived losing the likes of Low-Ki , CM Punk , Samoa Joe , Bryan Danielson , AJ Styles , Davey Richards , Eddie Edwards , Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli . Now people are upset because a rumor monger has Raymond Rowe , Lio Rush , Donovan Dijak and Kyle O' Reilly leaving ROH . I am not concerned . Wrestlers go and come , it is just part of the business.

Sure ACH , Alexander , Bennett , Moose , Ciampa , Elgin and Strong all left ROH . The company has added Punisher Martinez , Marty Scurll , Will Ospreay , Jay White , Keith Lee , Bull James Shane Taylor and TK O ' Ryan to take their spots. . Also the NJPW/ CMLL , Cody Rhodes and the Hardys are booked as special attractions. I fail to see an talent issue .

If these four leave others will just fill the void. Who is available ? The KES , Trent , Rocky Romero , Chase Owens , Jax Dane , Juice Robinson , Joe Hendry and the Beaver Boys on the top of my head. Young guys like ALi and LSG needed to be developed . There is more than enough talent in the marketplace to fill the ROH roster . Now that Kevin Kelly is in charge I would not be shocked to see Mike Bennett return in the near future. Added in the camp attendees , the Monster factory guys , young talent in the Midwest and Texas there are more than enough prospects to fill any possible departures .

I respect all four of the talents that Rovert has leaving , but they can be replaced with similar talent. Plus Trevor isn't always right. I do recall a story about the UK tour being a a train wreck because ROH did not get work visas for the talent. .
Brada

Post by Brada »

Jax Dane...............oh boy, I hope not. Had to watch him for about 9 minutes in Arlington. I will never get those 9 minutes back.

Joe Hendry.............some of the best entrances in the business, no doubt about it. The second his feet touches the mats outside the ring during his entrance, the show is over.

Chase Owens, Roppongi, and Beaver Boys would be cool.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

a tittle change at WK is not bad for roh,i dont think that puts the company like a njpw bitch,come on...is the dome!

i cant see a change btw,but who knows...

i dont wanna see dijak,war machine and lio rush gone...they are the present and the future of the company and roh can make them good offers so i hope a lot of guys stay.
Brada

Post by Brada »

monster mafia wrote:a tittle change at WK is not bad for roh,i dont think that puts the company like a njpw bitch,come on...is the dome!

i dont wanna see dijak,war machine and lio rush gone...they are the present and the future of the company and roh can make them good offers so i hope a lot of guys stay.
I respectfully disagree on the title change.

I would guess that less than 25% of the entire ROH fan base watches WK11, and I think I am VERY generous in putting the number at 25 percent.....

If the title change is the way you want to go as a promotion, you would want to do it on ANOTHER promotion's show? You would want to do it where only 1 in 4 of your fanbase even watches it? You would want to do it on a platform where your promotion doesn't make a penny off of it?

I just don't see it.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

monster mafia wrote:a tittle change at WK is not bad for roh,i dont think that puts the company like a njpw bitch,come on...is the dome!

I don't want to see these four guys leave ROH either. All still have room to grow within ROH . However it is a free market if they choose to depart , I wish them luck. My point that they can be replaced with comparable talent . Also it is only Raymond Rowe that is rumored to leave , not Hanson.

Also I am not recommend any particular talent , just tossing out names. I sure there are many other free agents and/or available talents out that I did not list.
Brada

Post by Brada »

They definitely have quite a bit of growing left to do in ROH, plenty of meat left on the bone there. ROH would survive fine without them. From an entertainment perspective, I would hate to see them go.
Jay Lethal's Hair

Post by Jay Lethal's Hair »

You'll need to update your talking points rohfan237, Rovert said on twitter (the night of Final Battle - to Sean Sedor) that 12/31 isn't a thing now and that some midcard acts could trickle out as their deals expire in the spring.

Six months of beating that drum that no one is happy and it went out like the whimper most thought.

I'll never understand Roddy being looped in with Cedric, Ciampa and ACH though. Guy was there forever, plenty pushed and got a chance to go to WWE. Of course they were supportive - Koff has said in every interview that they want what is best for guys career and family-wise. He still talks to the office.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Brada wrote:

I respectfully disagree on the title change.

I would guess that less than 25% of the entire ROH fan base watches WK11, and I think I am VERY generous in putting the number at 25 percent.....

If the title change is the way you want to go as a promotion, you would want to do it on ANOTHER promotion's show? You would want to do it where only 1 in 4 of your fanbase even watches it? You would want to do it on a platform where your promotion doesn't make a penny off of it?

I just don't see it.
but people sold out buildings for the njpw/roh joint shows.
Brada

Post by Brada »

having the chance to see new japan live can definitely drive a 1000 gate attendance.

Having your entire fan base watch another promotions PPV for the main purpose of 1 match, highly unlikely.
rohfan237

Post by rohfan237 »

Jay Lethal's Hair wrote:You'll need to update your talking points rohfan237, Rovert said on twitter (the night of Final Battle - to Sean Sedor) that 12/31 isn't a thing now and that some midcard acts could trickle out as their deals expire in the spring.

Six months of beating that drum that no one is happy and it went out like the whimper most thought.

I'll never understand Roddy being looped in with Cedric, Ciampa and ACH though. Guy was there forever, plenty pushed and got a chance to go to WWE. Of course they were supportive - Koff has said in every interview that they want what is best for guys career and family-wise. He still talks to the office.
Rovert is covering his bases. It's because people inflate the narrative that he does this. No one ever said half the roster is leaving.

The departures are alarming, from a fan perspective, because ROH is doing a real poor job establishing and elevating new guys right now. Just look at who's getting the preferential booking... The New Kingdom is shit, Adam Page is nothing more than a midcard tag guy, they still think Kenny King is a future world champion, and Bobby Fish is 40 years old and has noticeably slowed the last 8-10 months. That's just to name a few. Meanwhile the company continues to bandage up by overusing the New Japan guys, the recent CMLL relationship, and pushing TNA nostalgia acts. Not pretty.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

WHG wrote:
rohfan237 wrote: This place is absolutely TNA Mecca.
None of us would have ever seen this post if this were TNA Mecca. It would have been tossed in pre-moderation and you'd have been banned. There's as much negative as positive, here, as well.

Also, no one is writing dog wrestling federation fiction.
It seems to me that he is being very disruptive, mixing truth with lies and selling it back as reliable narrative (rather than speculative), calling the integrity of the entire board into question, and generally posts like a troll. Really, if I had the ability to ban him, I would.

For the time being, I recommend that we all just ignore rohfan237. Otherwise, I might end up locking this thread, which is exactly would this poster would prefer and something I would not.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Agreed Wilson, but I do need to make one final comment at his most recent post.

Bobby Fish has noticeably slowed the last 8-10 months??

lmao.......comical.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Brada wrote:Agreed Wilson, but I do need to make one final comment at his most recent post.

Bobby Fish has noticeably slowed the last 8-10 months??

lmao.......comical.
Well, he's certainly not the quickest person on the roster. Fish is older, larger, and has quite a bit of mileage, and his wrestling style--let's say methodical--isn't that surprising in response to his conditions. But it's not like he's diverged his style in any significant way. He seems about as good as he was in EVOLVE or even IWA.

Even though he is older than the age that ROH probably should be leaning toward, he is a really great, valuable talent. He might not always deliver main event-quality matches for months on end like a World champion would, but placing him as a gatekeeper/upper-midcarder will probably work well for him and the product.