ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I think the interesting things in that announcement of the signing be WO/F4W are that The Young Bucks have more input creatively, and that TNA really isn't getting anything in exchange for letting The Hardys appear ROH.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I think the interesting things in that announcement of the signing be WO/F4W are that The Young Bucks have more input creatively, and that TNA really isn't getting anything in exchange for letting The Hardys appear ROH.
I swear I read Matt Hardy isn't exclusive to TNA months ago so TNA probably decided to play nice. Probably wasn't worth their time to threaten to sue or retaliate if they knew they couldn't actually do anything.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I don't know how many people listened to it but recently on JR's podcast Kevin Kelly did mention that he had quite lengthy talks with the Young Bucks about what everyone wanted from 2017 and from what Kelly said it seems like the Bucks want to create something new and fresh for themselves as well as for ROH. He may well have been referencing the Hardy situation but it seems like it could be something more, maybe a slightly less athletic or Spot orientated Bucks. Possibly having story line as the focus with more emotional build, which I do think could or should be the next step for the Bucks. It's something I think would save their bodies in the long term and maybe get even more people interested in them.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

ROH getting at least three of their major talents to resign is a great sign. As things are portrayed now, it seems that only Corino will be leaving, which is probably a very healthy shakeup at this point.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Silas Yong has signed an exclusive deal with ROH, by PWSheet:
Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Silas Young just signed a new 1-year contract with Ring of Honor.

Young tells us the deal has now been finalized and it allows him to continue taking bookings with companies outside of the United States, as long as it doesn’t interfere with ROH.

The Last Real Man adds, “It will be weird to not be wrestling every weekend, but after almost 15 years it will be nice to spend some weekends with my family and let the body rest some.”

Silas announced in July that his previous deal had expired and it was reported that the two sides were in talks. No word on what took so long for the two to hammer things out.

The wrestler says he will be fulfilling bookings that were made prior to his signing.
HonorLives

Post by HonorLives »

It hasn't been reported anywhere, but I'm sure also Castle and Page signed exclusive deals because they aren't working for any US indy anymore.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I'm glad to see Silas staying put. I want him to break through and win some gold in 2017 after winning Tag Wars and the Honor Rumble in 2016. Whether that's the ROH TV Title, the Tag Titles, or maybe the 6-Man Titles (if they can find a suitable third man) I don't care.
rohfan237

Post by rohfan237 »

So all the shitty guys are re-signing. That is a good sign.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Wouldn't mind seeing Silas and BCB get a short transitional title reign. Lose it to War Machine or something. And if they could find another guy to fit in with the gimmick they'd be great in the 6-Man Tag Scene. Much better than the Kingdom.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

King of Indy Style wrote:Wouldn't mind seeing Silas and BCB get a short transitional title reign. Lose it to War Machine or something. And if they could find another guy to fit in with the gimmick they'd be great in the 6-Man Tag Scene. Much better than the Kingdom.
Spoiler: show
They were looking for a third man to compete for the 6-man tag titles at the last TV tapings, so hopefully they keep up with that.
rohfan237

Post by rohfan237 »

King of Indy Style wrote:Wouldn't mind seeing Silas and BCB get a short transitional title reign. Lose it to War Machine or something. And if they could find another guy to fit in with the gimmick they'd be great in the 6-Man Tag Scene. Much better than the Kingdom.
War Machine is done in ROH.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

AlexROH wrote:Silas Yong has signed an exclusive deal with ROH, by PWSheet:
Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Silas Young just signed a new 1-year contract with Ring of Honor.

Young tells us the deal has now been finalized and it allows him to continue taking bookings with companies outside of the United States, as long as it doesn’t interfere with ROH.

The Last Real Man adds, “It will be weird to not be wrestling every weekend, but after almost 15 years it will be nice to spend some weekends with my family and let the body rest some.”

Silas announced in July that his previous deal had expired and it was reported that the two sides were in talks. No word on what took so long for the two to hammer things out.

The wrestler says he will be fulfilling bookings that were made prior to his signing.
Excellent news. Well deserved for Silas. Now how about a tag title run with the BCB?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

rohfan237 wrote:
Source?

And if they were done with ROH, wouldn't the finish at SOTF Night 2 have been more conclusive?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
There was a typo in last week’s issue with references to The Young Bucks contract offer being TNA and New Japan, when it was actually ROH and New Japan. The deal included a substantial increase in pay from both ROH and New Japan, and is for exclusivity in the U.S. and Japanese markets, although they are allowed to continue working PWG as well as overseas indies such as the U.K. They can still do their own merchandise, which in their case is very significant money, and will also have more of a hand in their creative going forward. Those in WWE who were told about the deal thought they’d be foolish not to sign. It’s not main event WWE money, but it’s far above NXT money with far less road expenses, far more time at home, no need to relocate the family and less matches. This year they’ll probably both work 85 matches (both were injured at one point so barring injury the number may be closer to 95 to 100 matches in 2017), unlike a WWE schedule which also calls for far more corporate and promotional time on the road along with the 140 to 220 matches per year.

Right now, most of the key contracts here with the exception of The Bucks and Adam Cole (whose deal is up the end of April and most signs are that he’ll be WWE-bound at the time as they’ve wanted him for a long time) are expiring at the end of this year. Aside from announcer and occasional wrestler Steve Corino, who is expected to start with WWE as a coach at the Performance Center in January, nobody else is confirmed as leaving. All the key players, Jay Lethal, Kyle O’Reilly, Bobby Fish, Dalton Castle and the Briscoes at television were booked in the manner that the belief is they are staying. Ospreay and Scurll just signed deals, although Scurll’s deal does have an out clause at the six month mark. It is possible that one or more could leave with a better offer elsewhere and there’s interest in some of the names elsewhere. But with O’Reilly getting the ROH title, one would see that as a sign he’s staying.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

rohfan237 wrote:

we have a clairvoyant here..great.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

ROH Roster for the first show of 2017.
(tv taping)

CHEDULED TO APPEAR...

ROH WORLD CHAMPION: KYLE O'REILLY
ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: YOUNG BUCKS (NICK & MATT JACKSON)
ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION: MARTY SCURLL
ROH WORLD 6-MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: THE KINGDOM (MATT TAVEN, TK O'RYAN, VINNIE MARSEGLIA)
MARK & JAY BRISCOE
JAY LETHAL
ADAM COLE
CODY
THE ADDICTION (CHRISTOPHER DANIELS & FRANKIE KAZARIAN)
BOBBY FISH
HANGMAN PAGE
MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS (ALEX SHELLEY & CHRIS SABIN)
DALTON CASTLE w/ THE BOYS
THE REBELLION (CAPRICE COLEMAN, RHETT TITUS, KENNY KING)
SILAS YOUNG
BEER CITY BRUISER
DONOVAN DIJAK
JAY WHITE
LIO RUSH
PUNISHMENT MARTINEZ & BJ WHITMER
SHANE TAYLOR & KEITH LEE
TEMPURA BOYZ (SHO & YO)
WAR MACHINE (RAY ROWE & HANSON)
WILL FERRARA
CHEESEBURGER

WOMEN OF HONOR
KELLY KLEIN
KENNADI BRINK
SUMIE SAKAI
FAYE JACKSON
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Nice to see Page, PBK and War Machine back, it will be interesting to see what happens with them now there back in fold. I know the like of Fray and Rovert have been saying that War Machine wont be with ROH for long in 2017, i don't know wether that's changed in or whether or not it's true in the first place. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens there. I do think War Machine taking a break and also going through the series with PBK will help them with being a strong team within ROH but with the lack of teams in ROH it will be interesting to see where they go with them and all the teams in all honesty.

The tag division really does need some new life to really move it forward.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

rohfan237 wrote: War Machine is done in ROH.
Been no indication of this at all. Actually quite the opposite.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

BurningHammer wrote:Nice to see Page, PBK and War Machine back, it will be interesting to see what happens with them now there back in fold. I know the like of Fray and Rovert have been saying that War Machine wont be with ROH for long in 2017, i don't know wether that's changed in or whether or not it's true in the first place. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens there. I do think War Machine taking a break and also going through the series with PBK will help them with being a strong team within ROH but with the lack of teams in ROH it will be interesting to see where they go with them and all the teams in all honesty.

The tag division really does need some new life to really move it forward.

fantasy booking here in the tag team division

damien martinez & jason kincaid
lio rush & jon gresham or david starr
beaver boys

they need fresh tag teams
rohfan237

Post by rohfan237 »

cgstong wrote:
rohfan237 wrote: War Machine is done in ROH.
Been no indication of this at all. Actually quite the opposite.
That's because you have no idea what is going on, Chris.

Quite the opposite? Because they're listed for Atlanta? If anyone actually watched the latest TV it shouldn't come to much surprise that this is a strong possibility.

He won't be the only one leaving either.